• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 21, 2017
On one hand, i've recently started Binary Domain for the PS3 after hearing nothing but good things about it. I do like RGG Studios, but so far this isn't Yakuza at all, but i'll see how it goes.

I was in the middle of Persona 4: The Golden, but I realized that I absolutely needed this to coincide with my rewatch of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable, and i'm on the last two grindy dungeons, so i'm waiting on that. In the meantime I've started Uncharted: Golden Abyss for something a bit more casual.

And after wanting to spend a few hours grinding away a bunch of quests in a game I may never beat, Assassin's Creed Oddysey is a big budget time killer. It works.

What about you, ERA? What inspired you to pick up your most recent games of choice?

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017
Civ VI because I still haven't found a game that my wife and I enjoy playing together more. We spent our entire day off this week playing together and we're continuing the game today. It's just a ton of fun to play together.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
On a general level: Because I am trying not to die of boredom during the quarantine.

I am specifically playing Deadly Premonition 2 because there is nothing else to play right now and I liked the original game.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I'm playing the Ys series because I realised I hadn't played any of the early games (Falcom era) Yuzo Koshiro games. I listened to this guy's mix which is what brought that on.

But I've finished 1 and 2 and now I'm invested so I'm playing Oath of Felghana now.

And Nioh 2 because I wanna unrust myself for the DLC hitting July 30th.

Oct 27, 2017
Dishonored - playing it alongside a friend. He's finished it before and is on a repeated play through. I've tried to like it 3-4 times before and dropped off for whatever reason, but I'm enjoying it now.

Destiny 2 - It just feels good and I like watching numbers go up.

Halo 3 - Seeing Halo 3 on Steam is just.. a moment. Also the multiplayer remains really good.

Sea of Thieves - At least once a week with friends. A guaranteed good time.

I don't really have the time to fully commit to 4 games at a time though, so I wish I could pick between Destiny 2 or Halo 3 and stick with one or the other for a bit. Unfortunately I'm compulsive and indecisive.

Huncho

Jun 10, 2020
Battlefront II because I'm waiting fir GoT and cause cutting people with a lightsaber or throwing people with the force is fun as f.

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
Escape from Tarkov because I hate myself.

Assassins Creed Odyssey because it was in the Steam sale.

Rocket League because I always play Rocket League.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Fallen Order was on sale and I've been looking for something to pick up after basically finishing Minecraft Dungeons.

RPG

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
Right now just playing a few games to complete in short order until Ghosts of Tsushima releases.

Resident Evil 2 - Finishing the last of the runs needed for the plat. Just got to NEST on my Minimalist run.

Trials of Mana - Doing my 2nd run through the game. Really enjoy when NG+ lets you be an absolute powerhouse and steamroll through parts of the game.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Assassin's Creed III (Steam/PC) - I want to play all of the games in the series, played AC1, AC2, ACB, ACR few years ago so still in the works.

The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3D (3DS) - never played the original so might as well play this

Driveclub (PS4) - always wanted to play a racing game that wasnt a Ridge Racer or a Mario Kart and now I got my chance

Super Smash Bros Melee (GCN) - one of my most memorable and favorite games, decided to give it another whirl.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
CrossCode cause it just came out on console and it's very good.
also Overwatch because i hate myself, but i also have a solid group to play with, 4-6 stacking in comp is better than solo queueing.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Playing Death Squared with my wife cause I like playing with her. She's new to video games and it's fun to have something to do together while we're staying indoors.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to get through at least one playthrough of The Last of Us Part II so I no longer have to worry about spoilers.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Interesting question.

Slay the Spire, for the challenge of ascension 20 and the tight gameplay. It's usually very rewarding.

Sen no Kiseki 3/CS3 : To see the story after 2 now that it's finally on something after the Vita.

Xenoblade DE : to try to things, but honestly I miss XenobladeX. It's kind of a patch after 2 not working for me.

Murde by Numbers : For the obvious Picross fix.

Animall Crossing : For my wife.

Hope to get Cross Code soon.

JD_Lars

Oct 2, 2018
Daily check in to Animal Crossing.

Waiting on user reviews for new Paper Mario to see if it's worth the price or I should wait for a discount (which will be in about 5 years given Nintendo's first-party pricing history).

May go through Donkey Kong Country on the Nintendo Online app since that just got added.

When all else fails, I just start another save in Chrono Trigger on the DS. I'll never get tired of that game.

Edit: Forgot they restocked Ring Fit Adventure on Amazon the other day for its regular price of $80 (instead of the people scalping for $160) so I ordered that. Should be here today.

Last edited:

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Currently playing Deadly Premonition 2 cause i liked the first one and this one despite the performance issues has also good story, characters and vibes, while i just got Death Stranding on Steam and i can't wait to start it and see how it runs with DLSS 2.0 on my RTX 2060, will play it cause i loved all Kojima games and i still liked what i saw about this game in trailers and some gameplay despite the reviews

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
Assetto Corsa Competitzione just to come to the conclusion that I am slow As F* every time I play this game.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Death Stranding PC - Been curious as a fan of 'most but not all' of Kojima works. The release on PC is both a chance to give my RTX investment a chance to sing and to experience a rather unique blockbuster release.

Xenoblade DE - Over 100 hours played and near the end. I kind of just want it to be over personally. Feel like I had my fill and each new big reveal seems to tack on more and more gameplay hours which has softened the enjoyment I had for much of the journey. Not particularly enthused by the late exposition dump(some of which has felt illogical even by the internal game lore) but even aspects of combat and exploration has felt pretty rote. I went from adoring to the game to feeling a bit less flattered by it at this point honestly. But I will see it through...

robot

Oct 27, 2017
Animal Crossing NH. I got in late after initially thinking I wouldn't like it. My partner got it as a gift and loved it though so I decided to join in and play together. I'm glad I did because I'm having a great time with it so far (about 2 weeks in).

Zen

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I'm playing Xenogears because Xenosaga is one of my favorite RPG series of all time and I wanted to experience its roots.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
CS:GO - I never played CS before, but in recent years had been slightly more interested in that gametype. With Valorant coming out I thought I'd give that a go, but it turns out my PC is too old to run it. So I'm trying CS:GO instead. It's got quite a learning curve, to say the least.

Trackmania (2020) - love me some trackmania, fortunately my ancient PC can run this at a stable 90 FPS. Good job, Nadeo.

N++ - co-op with the gf, we're pretty addicted. Finished ~75 episodes, mostly with all gold.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Took a break after beating TLOU2 because it was so draining, but probably ghost of tsushima this weekend and the rest of the month.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Currently playing through Halo Reach on Steam because I never finished it on 360 and I need something fun after being emotionally destroyed by The Last of Us Part 2.

rezn0r

Oct 25, 2017
Because Bungie are crack dealers and I never put down Destiny... when I can manage to I'm hoping to finally finish off FF7 & dive into TLOU2 & Tsushima

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Death Standing... because it finally came to PC and I love Kojima.

Also finally started playing Mass Effect Andomeda... because it finally came to Steam and I love the original trilogy.

With my stepson I've been playing Subnautica per his request and replaying Dark Souls because he's starting to get into fantasy and loves exploring the castles.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney trilogy: Because I like a good visual novel and I've never gotten round to finishing these ones
Judgment: I love Yakuza and this is more of the same but in a way also very different
Beat Saber: It's my daily exercise routine

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Tales of Berseria - Because I nedeed something less realistic and lighter after The Last of Us II, also because I wanted to play a jRPG for a while and also because I got it for a great price ! I´m loving it, will finish it today I´m already at the final dungeon.

Five Nights at Freddy´s PSVR - Because I was looking for a new PSVR game for a while and it was already on my radar so on it went on a sale I grabbed it ! Lots of fun...and scary jumps !

And tomorrow I start Ghost of Tsushima because Sucker Punch !

JD_Lars

Oct 2, 2018
I'm playing Xenogears because Xenosaga is one of my favorite RPG series of all time and I wanted to experience its roots.
I wish I could have that feeling all over again. Even with some of the constraints that put on the dev team that caused some issues with the back half of that game, Xenogears remains one of the best games I've ever played. Personally I never got the same enjoyment out of Xenosaga so I hope that Xenogears ends up exceeding your expectations.

Udreif

May 29, 2020
Playing Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls. It's so bad as a game but I want the story. Kinda wish I had decided to just watch a youtube video instead of having my mediocre shooting interrupted literally ever 5 meters for a cutscene to play.

Have to play it if I don't want to have its story spoiled from consuming the later parts of the franchise

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition. It's decent enough, and I want to see how it compares to XBC2. Sometimes I wish I were still playing Fire Emblem: Three Houses, though.

Zen

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I wish I could have that feeling all over again. Even with some of the constraints that put on the dev team that caused some issues with the back half of that game, Xenogears remains one of the best games I've ever played. Personally I never got the same enjoyment out of Xenosaga so I hope that Xenogears ends up exceeding your expectations.
So far it has been amazing. I'm thoroughly impressed

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 50 hours into SAO Alicization Lycoris and just feel obligated to finish it at this point.

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
Got Picross Touch about a month and a half ago, and I've put in (just checked) 197 hours so far. I think it just allows me to zone out in a way I really need right now in my life.

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
Destiny 2, usually on Stadia, because it's so convenient to be able to play it on any screen in my house with zero fussing.

As someone who previously had zero interest in the Destiny world, things are happening right now that are pretty exciting imo.

Also trying to play through Steamworld Dig so that I can play Steamworld Dig 2, which I started and then regretted not finishing the first.

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
Warzone, mostly, with some FIFA and Animal Crossing sprinkled here and there.

I basically don't have the right mind right now to play anything else. Playing Warzone with the lads has been a good form of escapism this whole week. It's the reason why I'm also skipping Ghost of Tsushima, even though I was really hyped for it.

Otto

Oct 28, 2017
Started Recore on Xbox One X after a burn out from Jedi Fallen Order and Horizon Chase Turbo.
Always had the intent of playing Recore but it was always being pushed back on the backlog.
Have to say I'm positively impressed with the game being that the reviews were so negative. It was good because it set my expectations really low and I'm really pleased with the game as it is 5h in.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently playing Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition. I played Xenoblade Chronicles X and enjoyed it, then played Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and loved it. I tried playing the original twice before but couldn't get into it, but third time's the charm and I'm really enjoying it. Almost done, and its really making me want to NG+ XB2.

Last edited:

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Luigi's Mansion 3, and I'm mainly playing it because I like the series and I need to clear out more of my Switch backlog.

Xufuja

May 5, 2020
I stopped playing Pokémon games for a few years, but with the release of Sword/Shield, I figured I should catch up before getting it, currently at Pokémon Black 2.

Lakandula

Jun 3, 2020
PH
My Game Pass Ultimate expired so all I have in my library to play are Xbox 360 games (they don't require you to have an active Gold Subscription to play if you got them through Games with Gold) and I stumbled upon Lost Odyssey. It's so refreshing to play turn based rpgs after playing so many open world and shooters.