• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who's your favorite Knight of Ren?

• (1) The Heavy

• (2) The Armory

• (3) The Rogue

• (4) The Sniper

• (5) The Monk

• (6) The Samurai

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
and i like the samurai except for the machete

and the sniper helmet is a nice tribute to sniper troopers

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
JJ could literally do everything that people wanted for Star Wars and people would still find a way to attack it.

Fendajaz

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
It sucks that they waited til the last movie to bring these guys out, and they'll be underused.

Plum

May 31, 2018
The designs? Eh, they're way too similar in overall design (long black robes, Vader-like helmets, etc) to pick a favourite but since I have to choose I'll go with The Rogue.

The characters? None because they're essentially just 6 versions of:

latest

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My favourite is Shades-and-Shorts knight.
The Monk.

For anyone interested. Here's a cosplay build of the Monk and Rouge.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
These are going to be the coolest looking guys to die the quickest in Star Wars history.

Why you going into a sci-fi universe with medieval shit to go up against laser swords and blasters.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Noob team, why do we have three rogues and snipers, we need another samurai

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Heavy I guess. Always like a gun attached to an arm.

I don't remember them from the first 2 movies.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
I actually really, really like what's going on with The Armory. Seems like a great concept and exactly how I like to play characters. Just stock up on everything so you're ready for anything... and then never actually use any of it...

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
The monk shouldn't even be named the Monk, he looks more like The Executioner. Giant ass axe, skull mask and cloak, its the best design of em all.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
It's concerning they don't have names, I'm picturing them going out like Snoke's elite guards.

Edit: I'll go with the Monk.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
They all kind of look like characters I'd create while scribbling away in my highschool sketchbook. Not to take anything away from the costume designers, they were likely given a direction and had to go with it.

I guess I'll wait on the movie. I assume they'll all have distinct personalities. At least I hope so.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Its hard to pick a favourite when I'm barely convinced they exist so far

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Honestly none. They all feel so bland to me. I'll hold off on judgement until after seeing the movie however.

Nov 2, 2017
I think they'd have been a million times cooler as a bunch of lightsaber users. As it stands, Kylo is the only cool one.

One could have used a dual blade, one could dual wield, one could use a saber-pike. Fucking EZ.

Especially since none of the films have had a full entourage of darkside saber users. Missed the opportunity twice with the imperial guards in TLJ and now again with the Ren.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
They all look like disposable goons to me, and the placeholder(?) names make them sound like Kylo's D&D party. Will reserve judgment in case they turn out to have personalities.

guiloahhhhh

Oct 29, 2017
It sucks that they waited til the last movie to bring these guys out, and they'll be underused.

Yep. Remember when they were in the force awakens trailer? And then that was their entire screen time in the move and the Force Awakens was a shot for shot remake of a new hope?

Man their was so much hope back in the day for these movies.

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Can't wait for the 90,000,000 pages of fanfiction about these characters and when they make a T.V. show about them we get to see half the internet have another breakdown about how Star Wars is ruined forever because Disney didn't follow exactly the fan canon of these characters.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Can't wait for the 90,000,000 pages of fanfiction about these characters and when they make a T.V. show about them we get to see half the internet have another breakdown about how Star Wars is ruined forever because Disney didn't follow exactly the fan canon of these characters.
I'm only interested in the erotic fanfiction.

I will boycott RoS if Monk's simmering sexual jealousy toward Sniper isn't explored in at least four full scenes. Just watch me.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
They waited till Movie 3/3 to properly show these guys off.

Oof.

"What do we do with Luke's other evil Padawans?"
"What?"
"Yeah we have told the audience twice already that Kylo convinced some of his classmates to join him and they all participated in the slaughter of Luke's other apprentices, we also had Rey seeing a vision of said group now being the Knights of Ren"

"...Shit"

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Please don't unmask them and show them to be a bunch of incel looking fools with cool armor.

I like the Rogue, going to need a book on these guys when it's all said and done. You know these guys will be the Red Emperor guards from the original trilogy.