• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
Hannibal would've seduced, killed and eaten everyone posted in this thread by now and not necessarily in that order

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Tywin Lannister and Gus Fring are very good picks.

I'd have said Jeffrey Dean Morgan's Negan from The Walking Dead until he was woefully overplayed in the last season. But his initial reveal was really something.

For me it is Hannibal without a shadow of a doubt.

CassCade

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Do you consider him charismatic? I fucking hated his guts (which is a good thing, he's a great actor) but I would never ever call Marlo charismatic.

Stringer Bell on the other hand...

87978.jpg
I do consider Stringer Bell and Omar Little to be more charismatic but I do think Marlo is charismatic, he's words and actions carried influence, he might not be likeable but he was a boss.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I don't see how Marlo is charismatic, just annoying because he never got touched for some obscure reasons. People could have just shot his ass but they didn't for some reason.
Stringer and Omar ooze charisma on the other hand.

Hannibal wins it. Tywin is up there.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FU young people...

Murdoc-Season_6.jpg

Murdoc from MacGyver

latest

Siegfried from Get Smart

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Marlo was a charisma vacuum, lol. Part of what made him so spooky was his complete lack of empathy/emotion. Guy was like looking into a blackhole, you were already fucked.

Menome

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Roger Delgado as The Master in Doctor Who during the early 1970s. Never been bettered.

LDtdhAG.jpg

Brotherhood93

Oct 28, 2017
It has to be Mads Mikkelsen's Hannibal.

giphy.gif

However, I've recently just finished watching Killing Eve and Villanelle has to be up there too.

giphy.gif

Noisy Ninj4

Oct 25, 2017
Xanatos from Gargoyles. Dude has plans within plans. Being voiced by Jon Frakes pretty much puts him automatically into the charismatic territory.

Disney-Gargoyles-Her-Brothers-Keeper-david-xanatos-in-tux-and-limo.png

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Some great picks in here and some that I have hard time understanding. Especially when people list qualities in these villains that have nothing to do with being charismatic.

Stringer from the Wire, Gus from Breaking Bad and Tywinn from Game of Thrones are probably the top ones for me.

Manbig

Oct 26, 2017
source.gif

Azula-and-Zuko-avatar-the-last-airbender-37556718-245-184.gif

Azula from Avatar: The Last Airbender. A lot of the credit for this obviously goes to her amazing voice actor Grey DeLisle.

Last edited:

ThLunarian

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Illythia from Spartacus

Q from Star Trek

Patty from The Leftovers

Gul Dukat from Star Trek DS9

Kai Winn from Star Trek DS9

The Goddess of Media from American Gods

Daenarys Targaryen (because I hate that character and I want her to lose)

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
HOLY CRAP I FORGOT THE GOD OF ALL TV VILLAINS

tenor.gif

I will fucking fistfight anyone who wants to talk shit on Crowley. Fight me.

BuckRogers

Apr 5, 2018
Miniseries: It's easily Fargo Season 2's Mike Milligan. Just a fucking treat every time he's on screen.

If we count anti-heroes, it's gotta be Jimmy McGill/Saul Goodman. That character's overflowing with charisma.

Mike Milligan really is wonderful. This scene has stuck with me ever since I watched that season, the way he delivers the "pretty unfriendly actually ... like you're doing me a favor" line is excellent:

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Foolish meat-things. The supreme villain in all of media is Kilokahn, overlord of the digital world!

308868w9d09.gif

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A lot of the best ones are already in the thread, so I'll add Mr. Gold/Rumpelstiltskin from Once Upon a Time. His story and characterization are all over the place and a mess, but Robert Carlyle is always a pleasure to watch in the role.

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
Great mentions so far. To add to it.

This mother fucker was Bond Villain level.

D9emwh0.jpg

Kanhir

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Good Wife has so many, but I'm going to go with Louis Canning:

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
American Horror Story has done pretty well in this category.

James Patrick March from "AHS: Hotel"
tumblr_ok2zynPBSs1vlhjyio3_500.gif

Michael Langdon from the current season "AHS: Apocalypse" (AKA The Antichrist, so he has to be pretty charismatic)

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
A lot of the best ones are already in the thread, so I'll add Mr. Gold/Rumpelstiltskin from Once Upon a Time. His story and characterization are all over the place and a mess, but Robert Carlyle is always a pleasure to watch in the role.

Rumpelstiltskin was like the only reason my wife and I watched that whole series (minus the extra pointless timejump season at the end which shouldn't have been made). Him and Regina in evil mode were always the best.

Actually add Regina/Evil Queen to that list. I mean, goddamn
220px-Regina_Mills_Promo-ABC.jpg

Robert Carlyle on Stargate: Universe was probably the closest thing the show had to a regular villian, and he pretty much carried that show.