Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Honorable mention:

the-many-faces-of-tim-whatley-dentist-to-the-stars-v0-w8y68tib16w91.jpg

Clydefrog

Oct 25, 2017
Hawaii
Excluding family members of the main cast (Frank obviously #1, Jerry's mom was funny too, and UNCLE LEO!), I pick Susan Ross's alcoholic mom.

NewDonkCity

Dec 4, 2017
Frank wins this hands down, but may I raise you a Bookman?
m.youtube.com

The Bookman - Seinfeld

The librarian investigator Mr. Bookman asks Jerry about the book he checked out in 1971 and never returned.EPISODE HIGHLIGHTThe Library, S03, E05.SEINFELD SH...

Tobor

Died as he lived: wrong about Doritos
Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
All good choices. I will add Mr.Bookman, who had one of the greatest scenes in the history of the show.

View: https://youtu.be/D9tP9fI2zbE

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

EDIT: I was beaten like a man who has no instant coffee in the house.

Dec 22, 2017
Frank Costanza and Puddy should also be excluded if Newman is. Come on Era we can do better than this.

The Maestro
Jackie Chiles
Mickey
Poppie
Tim Watley
Susan's dad

And don't sleep on Jerry's parents. Some great moments from them as well.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Frank without question. I'd put him over Newman personally (though I love both).

Bania episodes are torture. That Armani suit episode hits way too close to home

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
You could make a "Top 10 Greatest Sitcom Characters" ranking, fill it exclusively with characters from Seinfeld, and you'd probably be right.

Anyway, another vote for Frank.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Frank.
I remember recently looking him up (researching the actor change to Jerry) and being shocked at how late he came into the show (multiple seasons in) and how few episodes. Absolute scene stealer.

Peterman is probably runner up.

But man is the show full of great side characters. Besides the lack of diversity it's incredible.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Apart from the obvious ones, I quite like Uncle Leo because I have an uncle just like that and everything is so true.

Oct 25, 2017

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's Frank Costanza or Puddy. I don't really find Newman very funny even in a "supposed to be annoying" way.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
Thought about finally watching this. I want to watch Curb, but feel I owe it to Larry David to watch Seinfeld first.

When does it start getting good, you know, when does it become Seinfeld?

dejay

Nov 5, 2017
There should be a differentiation between recurring characters and one offs who only appeared in 1 or 2 episodes.

Recurring: Frank. "Between you and me Elaine, I think I got a foot odor problem"
One off: The doorman. Just those mind games. Bookman was funny, but the shtick was only good for a few minutes of screen time and starts to get old pretty quick.

Thought about finally watching this. I want to watch Curb, but feel I owe it to Larry David to watch Seinfeld first.

There are some good stuff in some of the early seasons. Maybe start here....some classics and semi-classics

S2 E2 - The Pony Remark (classic George moment)
S2 E4 - The Phone Message (classic George moments)
S2 E6 - The Statue (I'm about 50/50 on this episode, but funny guest stars)
S2 E7 - The Revenge (first look at Kramer's physical comedy)
S2 E8 - The Heart Attack (funny guest star)
S2 E11 - The Chinese Restaurant (a classic but maybe slow by today's standards. Often referenced in later seasons)
S2 E12 - The Busboy (another 50/50, but funny Elaine stuff and George guilt)

Eary neurotic Geroge can be fun before he turns into asshole George.

(EDIT) Actually forget S2 E2 - I had it mixed up with another episode.

Last edited:

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

From the start of season 3. Good news is you only have 18 eps in the first two seasons combined. There is probably good stuff here and there in those two seasons, but it's really gold jerry gold from 3 on.

And then Curb, absolutely.