• Kang

Votes: 56 4.5%
  • Galactus

Votes: 365 29.2%
  • Annihilus

Votes: 61 4.9%
  • Superhero fatigue

Votes: 101 8.1%
  • OP's picks are too mainstream, my choice isn't mentioned.

Votes: 48 3.8%
  • ....fine, Dr. Doom

Votes: 619 49.5%

• Total voters

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018

Hire this guy.

mads-mikkelsen-feature.jpg

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
Why not just not have one. Let this be the X-men Saga. You've introduced Captain Marvel which would lead to Rogue and Ms Marvel. Then you can have proper Mystique. With the Eternals you can lay a foundation for the future of mutations. Then have a big X-men vs Avengers crossover.

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Like, the next villain for the next Avengers movie? Dormammu makes the most sense as a one off villain. Apocalypse would have been cool too but Singer throughly poisoned that well for at least a decade. Maybe Onslaught could work too?

Galactus would be fine being introduced in a Fantastic Four movie and then remaining as a looming threat, although the idea someone posted about having him come in with a bunch of harolds could be ok for a bigger Avengers film. Doctor Doom needs to be built up and remain a recurring character before he reveals some big evil scheme.

Annihilation would make for a great event to build towards but I would like Galactus to be established first. They also need to bring back Ultron at some point. By the time you do that, you have time to maybe do one more event (Phoenix if enough time has passed), before finally having Doctor Doom reveal some big evil plot.

Marvel has definitely got more than a few good options.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if it's been suggested by do a combo of galactus for the cosmic end and doom for earth, culminating in doom eventually being the linchpin to defeating galactus.

vegtro

Oct 25, 2017
Why not just not have one. Let this be the X-men Saga. You've introduced Captain Marvel which would lead to Rogue and Ms Marvel. Then you can have proper Mystique. With the Eternals you can lay a foundation for the future of mutations. Then have a big X-men vs Avengers crossover.
I don't want to see Mystique in another movie ever with all the other villains and heroes out in the X universe to use.

Jindrax

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My comic knowledge isn't that extensive, but is Doom on the level of Thanos?

kinoki

Oct 28, 2017
My comic knowledge isn't that extensive, but is Doom on the level of Thanos?
He's basically the Mary Sue of villainy. He's so good at everything he's 11 in everything one a scale from 1-10. He's a bad guy but ultimately right, he's twice as nifty as Batman but with half the prep time, he's best but also humble and so on. He knows magic, kungfu, leet hacker, can wield the infinity gauntlet in his sleep, gets all the girls, has a tragic past and he's a ruler that's tough but fair. And so on. Best bad guy ever.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Dr. Doom is the villain for most of it, but in true Latverian style it turns out he was trying to save Earth from Galactus.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Doom should be the next Loki in that he starts bad but he ends up being the anti-hero. But still bad. But good.

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
He's basically the Mary Sue of villainy. He's so good at everything he's 11 in everything one a scale from 1-10. He's a bad guy but ultimately right, he's twice as nifty as Batman but with half the prep time, he's best but also humble and so on. He knows magic, kungfu, leet hacker, can wield the infinity gauntlet in his sleep, gets all the girls, has a tragic past and he's a ruler that's tough but fair. And so on. Best bad guy ever.
Humble is not something I would ever accuse Doom of being

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
With a Galactus saga, you could build hype and foreboding by seeding his heralds like Silver Surfer, Air Walker, Firelord, Red Shift et. al. on to various MCU movies either as the main villains (im thinking Captain Marvel 2 or GotG 3/4), side-villains(next Thor movie) or secondary characters (SS in Fantastic 4 part 2). Of course, Doom as a recurring 'Loki' like-villain can be done as well. He needs the build-up to make him a credible big-bad for the next MCU saga(Secret Wars!) after the Galactus saga.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Galactus should be the ever looming threat, but the real villain should be Doom.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Im thinking....

Avengers messing with the Quantum Realm draws the ire of Kang
The Eternals takes place in the distant past but will crossover with modern heroes through Kang
Kang will be the cause of Fantastic Four being introduced and we'll see their origin story in a new take on the accident.
The Eternals will plant the seeds for mutants being introduced after something rewrites human dna in the past and it carries over to the present in a new mutant-filled timeline.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Such a pity they wasted him in Doctor Strange. They could've at least cast him as the physical manifestation of Dormammu or something so he could appear in the sequel and possibly other crossovers. Ah well...

Would anyone really make a fuss if they just cast him again as Doom? I'd be 100% ok with that.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Annihilus makes the most sense and would be really cool. I also think Doom should be introduced with the rest of the Fantastic 4 in other films as normal scientists. Then eventually after knowing all these characters for awhile we get the Fantastic 4 film.

Rydeen

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA.
Doom for ongoing reoccurring villain through phase 4,5, and 6, Galactus for Endgame 2 or whatever the hell they call it.

Also everyone keeps saying Mikkelsen for Doom even though he was wasted in Doctor Strange, but you know who I think would make an excellent Doom?
rufus-sewell-the-man-in-the-high-castle-season-3-amazon.jpg

Think about it.