• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Is it Kimhari from FFX? Is it that literally who guy with red hair from FFIX? I don't know who else is in the running besides these two honestly
0pGGQQ2.png

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Vaan or Quistis, choose your poison

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Kimahri isn't forgettable, he's a giant blue cat.

The problem with him is that he just sucks.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Paine, maybe? I don't remember what she does in X-2 other than be the straight woman to Rikku and Yuna's weirdness in that game.

AkiraAkira

Dec 28, 2017
I second Quistis. In fact every member in FF8's main party not named Rinoa or Squall felt pretty pointless. Quistis takes the cake though.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
Yall not slick with the FF15 funposts, the objective answer is Amarant (FF9)
Runner ups tho: Penelo, Quina, Quistis, Irvine, Freya

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Irvine, and yeah his plot ended at the end of CD1. Quistis' role ended after the ball way earlier though lol

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like there's a tonne from FF9 that I don't remember. Like there was a big monster woman that ate people? Can't even remember who the guy was with red hair that was mentioned earlier, so he'd be my pick (tbh, I tend to forget anyone other than Dagger/Steiner/Vivi/Zidane and I want to say Eiko?)

FF8's cast is super memorable for me just because there's so few of them compared to some of the other games. I really liked Quistis. Irvine too.

PlzUninstall

Oct 30, 2017
It's a hard competition between Penelo and Amarant for me. Penelo exists in the same space as Vaan and they're both pretty irrelevant to the story. Amarant is thrown in as an after thought at the very end of the game, just replace him with literally any other character and it would make no difference to you or the story.

Kainazzo

Dec 13, 2017
I second Amarant. He joins really late, has one quest he's directly involved with, and then gets safely shelved until the very end. Doesn't help he joins below my party level, hasn't mastered many abilities, and can't gain levels without being in the party (though that's an issue with everyone in FF9). Across 5 playthroughs I've hardly used him.

Always end up going Zidane, Steiner, Freya, and Eiko. Everyone else stays level ~30.

Ogawa-san

Nov 1, 2017
Vaan & Penelo are downright irrelevant, hell I had to google her name.

It's the worst case considering Vaan is supposed to be the protagonist. Instead, Balthier just takes over and lets Vaan tag along.

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
FFIX is my favourite game but I've got to agree with Amarant.
I would also say the guy from FFXIII-2 that isn't Serah. His name begins with an N? I'm going to call him Norman.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Amarant comes out of nowhere and serves no function.

Even Quina contributes more to the adventure.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
I honestly don't even count 13-2/3
As much of a shitpost as this may sound, coming from someone who beat the 13 trilogy, i only know one other person who did the same, let alone play 13-2