Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
It's the persona series (hear me out).
Started out as a spin off of a larger franchise at the time (SMT & Destiny's Child)
Is now wildly more popular than any other SMT/Destiny's child alumni
Every subsequent release is marked by an unmistakable style revolution

there's a legendary tiffany pollard monologue for this kind of post

Deleted member 29691

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So what's going on with Gaint Bomb these days? I followed Jeff when he left and haven't even looked at since. They're streaming from home? Do they even have an office anymore?

Jan 15, 2019
✅born in Summer 1981
✅three vowels in their name
✅have a less popular younger sibling who nonetheless has a strong following
✅the most successful person in their respective genres
✅arguably having their biggest year ever in 2023
✅have held a Nintendo DS

58ad1be8f28537db6a1cec69528d4aa3--gaming-setup-game-room.jpg
beyonce-nintendo.gif

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
youtu.be

Beyoncé - Halo

Beyoncé's official music video for “Halo” Listen to Beyoncé: https://Beyonce.lnk.to/listenYDSubscribe to the official Beyoncé YouTube channel: https://Beyonc...

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
Started out as a spin off of a larger franchise at the time (SMT & Destiny's Child)
Does Beyoncé have transphobic / homophobic moments that the fans excuse because she's stylish and still buy everything she puts out ?

And does she release multiple versions of her albums with a new song or two in bonus, that the fans go buy in droves ? If so the comparison is valid.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
✅born in Summer 1981
✅three vowels in their name
✅have a less popular younger sibling who nonetheless has a strong following
✅the most successful person in their respective genres
✅arguably having their biggest year ever in 2023
✅have held a Nintendo DS

58ad1be8f28537db6a1cec69528d4aa3--gaming-setup-game-room.jpg
beyonce-nintendo.gif
Comparing Solange to Luigi is one of the most intense things I've read on this entire website, and this place is full of lunatics.

Thank you, I think?

Nameless Hero

Oct 25, 2017
What's her deal again? I only know her by name (as in, I know she is a singer) what would make someone her?
Not sure I get the question

OP
OP
Meg Cherry

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
So what's going on with Gaint Bomb these days? I followed Jeff when he left and haven't even looked at since. They're streaming from home? Do they even have an office anymore?
They're 100% remote at this point, aside from big events like PAX, Summer Games Fest, and the odd New York get-together. Most of the vibe is Dan Rykert, Jan Ochoa, Jeff Bakalar, Mike Minotti, Jeff Grubb, and a rotating cast of regulars hanging out and continuing a podcast empire built on good vibes.

Last edited:

Aswitch

"This guy are sick"
Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I would say Chun-li. She's probably the most popular female in gaming. I would say Zelda but I think a lot of people (who isn't familar with zelda) think that Zelda is link which I consider preventing Zelda from being Beyonce. I think Zelda would be Billie Ellish.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
If we're basing it on recignizability and influence it has to be something like Mario or maybe Lara Croft since she's probably the single most recognisable female hero in videogames.

Lara Croft
Lara-Croft-Tomb-Raider-Infographic.jpg

Edit: I'll admit though, she had her ups and downs so maybe not the best one to compare to Beyonce 🤔
Have you seen Beyoncé's attempts at acting? She also has ups and downs.

Jay_AD

Oct 28, 2017

Yeah, mostly from home. It's really good though, despite the setbacks and rough hands they were dealt. They really kind of caught second wind and the crew is doing a great job right now.

Imo of course. Tbh I actually like it a lot more than the last half decade with Gerstmann, as much as I respect the man.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How wildly bigoted is Beyonce? Can she match Persona in that sense?