• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
As an anime fan I have absolutely zero idea what "beating Giorno with GER means"

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I forget the limits of what Giorno does, but anything that can instantly kill/vaporize someone seems like it would be a win?
Like most of these "who could beat who?" concepts it depends on who is writing the fanfic ;)

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
As an anime fan I have absolutely zero idea what "beating Giorno with GER means"
E05010CB02A72B6ABA4AF504986D2C40E5BE9E10

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
Gold Experience Requiem is an ability that can rewrite reality to set an opponent's actions to "zero."
The manga is a bit vague about it and it may be able to do more than that, but it nullifies the villain's attacks/effects so that no matter what they do the result never happens. When the main villain reaches his goal time reverses to beforehand and what happens changes. When he gets hit his life gets set to zero, causing him to die and wake up in another situation where he dies, over and over for eternity.

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
Gold Experience Requiem can trigger merely from having the intent of harming Giorno, so realistically you need to either have a way to accidentally attack Giorno with instant lethal force or you need to be in the upper echelons of cosmic entities that can break free from the alternate reality loops GER traps people in.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
- Misogi Kumagawa
- Haruhi Suzumiya, yes yes, I know, but here we are
- Haruka Kaminogi, even though Noein had a lot of wasted potential in the end

I haven't gotten to that part of JoJo yet but yes Giornno is very h4x! Basically left to match ups with cosmic gods of the perceptible universe as contest.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
There is nothing, it has no weakness. Not only does GER rewrite events from happening, it also activates independently from Giorno. It only exists because King Crimson was impossible to write around without making something even more horseshit.

Ballpoint Ren

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
TTGL is immeasurably powerful, but GER can pretty much rewrite reality. I don't think it'd stand a chance.
Nah, TTGL straight up got god level abilities in that final episode. Like,
literally creating matter at will and altering probabilities across alternate universes.
Shit got fucking wild and beyond anything that Requiem could do.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If you told Dandy that Giorno was trying to shut down Boobies I bet he could pull it off.

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
The real answer to OP's answer would actually be another Jojo character, though not a canon one. The World Over Heaven from the game Eyes of Heaven cancels out its effects in the story mode.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
TTGL has a slight chance against Giorno with his GER stand, and I'm positive it would be an amazing, epic fight especially if Giorno was in the mode of a bona fide psycho villain for some reason, lol, since there are several overlaps with the Anti-Spiral, power-wise, but in the end I think they're bound to be outclassed.

Mewzard

Feb 4, 2018
Virgo Shaka of Saint Seiya. His ability to cast you into the Six Realms of Reincarnation with Rikudo Rinne, the ability to strip you of all of your senses one by one while you can't defend yourself with the Tenbu Horin (it took busting out a Big Bang level move to actually counter attack), and let's not forget the time he countered Virgo Shijima's Ungyo (the sound of the End of the Universe, which was bringing absolute darkness/destruction to existence) with the Agyo (the light of the Birth of the Universe, counting the darkness as countless lifeforms and universes were born only to die between the two Buddha) in Next Dimension.

Stuff like being blown to other realities, being dead, none of that really holds him back.
Hell, he projects himself from Nirvana, to 243 years before he died because a bit of his blood was with Andromeda Shun as they time-traveled by the will of Chronos.

Don't mess with Buddha is the lesson here.

Ahhh, I've only seen to the end of Part 4 so that explains it.
Has Part 5 even been dubbed yet?

The dub is airing now on Toonami.

Last edited:

Meia

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think Giorno has enough stand power to beat something that's 10 million light years tall.

It's unfortunate then that GL is a showy anime, so as the transformation finishes in front of him, GER just negates it from happening. GER is basically schoolyard "nuh uh!" when a kid tags another kid but doesn't accept it, total BS. :p

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
That's true. He never actually confirms it but Simon's reply to Gimmy asking if he could bring Nia back makes it sound like he could bend reality.
Yup and honestly the only reason I think they have a chance is just that with enough BS I could see them making a drill that exists outside of reality. Which is honestly what I think you'd need in order to actually kill GER.
I also don't think you can out power GER. It's stat block is none. Which means the thing is by ever definition transfinite.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
That apparently GER can activate free of it's masters will is the only thing which prevents Giorno's brains from being blown out a mile away from a Sniper rifle possessed by any fire-arm experienced character.

God, Shounen is so trashy when it comes to this stuff.

Rackham

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aizen with his shikai and hyogyokou could. Not talking about Aizen with just his hyogyokou or even Auzen with just his shikai. Talking about full powered Aizen post Arrancar with his shikai and hyogyokou

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That apparently GER can activate free of it's masters will is the only thing which prevents Giorno's brains from being blown out a mile away from a Sniper rifle possessed by any fire-arm experienced character.

God, Shounen is so trashy when it comes to this stuff.

Requiem Stands don't have masters, Giorno doesn't control GER just like Polnareff didn't control Silver Chariot Requiem.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Good ol reality warping is the only thing that can stop you from getting screwed by GER. The only stand in Jojo that can beat GER is World Over Heaven which can completely rewrite reality through its punches.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Well it's a bullshit ability and barely explained. Are there any limits in terms of speed and range? What does it even exactly do?

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Part 7 spoiler
If Funny Valentine pull another Giorno/GER from another universe and let them meet, can GER able to stop the merging?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone from DBZ can easily tag Giorno from outside of his Stand's range.

Well it's a bullshit ability and barely explained. Are there any limits in terms of speed and range? What does it even exactly do?
2 meters unless that goes waaaay up from GE

Ballpoint Ren

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It's unfortunate then that GL is a showy anime, so as the transformation finishes in front of him, GER just negates it from happening. GER is basically schoolyard "nuh uh!" when a kid tags another kid but doesn't accept it, total BS. :p
Literally nothing ttgl can do that wouldn't get straight up nullified by ger.

You guys are missing the part where the Gurren Lagann crew makes "kicking reason to the curb and doing the impossible" a reality in and of itself.