• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
A white Los Angeles woman shown on viral video jumping up and down and using the N-word nearly a dozen times issued an apology on her Instagram page after reporting she had lost her job.

"African Americans help build this very country that I am living in and I hate that I insulted the millions of them," TV and movie costume designer Heather Lynn Patton said in her Instagram stories.

Patton has worked on several TV shows, including "Rescue Me," "The Americans," "Private Practice" and "Medium," and she was reportedly a longtime costumer for screenwriter Ryan Murphy.

"I have lost my job, which I totally would agree on as well for the reason I have been let go," she said. "Please allow me to rekindle the love we shall all share amongst each other."

Oh well. lol

Say "This is not who I am" if old

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
As the woman filming says they are calling the cops, Patton yells, "I would kill a n*gger but the law says I can't kill the n*ggers. If the law didn't say I couldn't kill the n*ggers they'd all be dead!"

Cancel culture is often very good.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bitch, how you going to be a costume designer for Ryan Murphy and probably worked on Pose, but go out in public and say shit like this?

I have no sympathy for racist and foolish white folks.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Privileged person learns there are consequences for their actions.

You aren't sorry, you're sorry you got caught and you're sorry that being a racist fucking clown ruined your life.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
do i believe that in the space of one day she has become a completely different person? no, i do not.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Holy fucking shit at that video. Fuck you lady.
I think your avatar is the perfect way to react to this story
402.jpg

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
she said that word more than pewdiepie would playing call of duty ground war

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
"Cancel culture is totally a problem you guys...we should be prioritizing forgiveness! Maybe they just didnt know about how their words were taken and didnt mean any offense?"

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Those videos.. whew. I want to believe she's mentally wacko.. but who knows anymore. It's so outlandish it's like a skit. How would someone who thinks/acts like that even survive in CA?

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Feels to me like she'd be lucky to get away without a criminal conviction. Take the L and keep your head down.

I have zero sympathy for her losing her job, or her victim complex. Can you imagine how her coworkers would have felt after hearing this?

Oct 27, 2017
What's the context here?
It was mostly a joke. I always get annoyed when I see people say "African American" instead of just "black". It makes it clear in a lot of cases (obviously not all of them) that they don't interact with and are uncomfortable around black people. But given the video, that was already pretty obvious with this woman lol

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
Weird how consequences make people apologetic. It's almost as if they suddenly become sorry after being exposed.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
What was the origin of this? I know it doesn't take much for these folks, but damn

she was reportedly a longtime costumer for screenwriter Ryan Murphy.

Nope, not anymore. Murphy is not about to play that shit

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its a fairly straight forward apology. Accepts blame, doesnt dodge it and understands why she got fired.

Short of a time machine, I dont know what you all want?

Poutine

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Also note how she was badly parked and in an handicapped space, just to add to the whole situation...

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
Get fucked lady. I have zero sympathy for racist scumbags like her and anything bad that happens to them because of their racism.
Finding out more about this woman I see that she's been caught on camera many times threatening neighbors and all kinds of horrible shit. Seems that she is batshit crazy in addition to racist and probably a serious danger to herself and others.

Last edited:

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I feel for the guy coming in to get a coke and a snickers that has to walk pass her