• Super Smash Brothers Ultimate

Votes: 1,036 92.2%
  • Mortal Kombat 11

Votes: 87 7.7%

• Total voters

feroca

Banned
May 12, 2018
Smash is the only fighting game that sells more than Mortal Kombat over the past years. Mortal Kombat still sells damn great.

Also; MKX was at over 8 million after XL, Injustice 2 was at over 5 million after the Legendary Edition.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
is this even a competition?
I had the same gut reaction but a lot of people are really underselling MKX. According to the recent "leaked" numbers MKX had ~17M players on PS4 alone. Now not all of those equate to sales, but it's likely that a vast majority of them do, and that's just PS4. Count Xbox, PC, and now Switch for MK11 and it can easily give smash a run for its money considering the best selling single smash entry was 4M less than what MKX supposedly did on PS4 alone.

Oct 26, 2017
I had the same gut reaction but a lot of people are really underselling MKX. According to the recent "leaked" numbers MKX had ~17M players on PS4 alone. Now not all of those equate to sales, but it's likely that a vast majority of them do, and that's just PS4. Count Xbox, PC, and now Switch for MK11 and it can easily give smash a run for its money considering the best selling single smash entry was 4M less than what MKX supposedly did on PS4 alone.
I sincerely doubt that that's even remotely accurate. If it's even close, I'm willing to bet that's almost entirely due to used games and borrowing

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Given how that other thread went, I did actually wondered which of the two games would sell better. Both have a lot going for it from both a casual and hardcore perspective and both are among the highest sellers of fighting game franchises.

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Is there a discussion? I didn't even know this was a debate, I'm interested in a pros vs cons of you feel that MK11 would top SSBU

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
One of those threads where the answer is so obvious the OP knows it, but still says "fuck it I'm posting" because they love the series that wins by a landslide and feel a need to twist the screws into the loser.

Brb making a "Was FO76 actually a disappointment?" poll.

Oct 26, 2017
Well uh...this poll sure is close.

One of those threads where the answer is so obvious the OP knows it, but still says "fuck it I'm posting" because they love the series that wins by a landslide and feel a need to twist the screws into the loser.

Which will sell better: Fallout 76 or Anthem?

OP
OP
Xaszatm

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Nah, I think NetherRealm Studios is the only company that could make a game that has a chance of it outselling Smash. It's a longshot by far but I do think it's possible.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

casiopao

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They do, that's why I genuinely wanted to make the comparison. Netherealm is probably the only fighting game company that has even a ghost of a chance of being in the same league sales wise as Smash.

The last number we got for MKX is ~5 million.

I remember Injustice sold huge right? But considering this is MK. It is going to be bloodbath.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That has been disproved already. RE7 on that list has more sales than PS4, Xbox and PC put together and that's from Capcom's own data. It's nowhere near accurate.
Some are off but not all of them. Conversely several people have pointed out how many of the numbers are near exactly the same as what the developers denoted. Even chopping that number in half or cutting it down a third that's still a lot more than people in this thread are giving it credit for, which was my initial point.