• Back to the Sewer

Votes: 1 0.3%

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • Rise

Votes: 7 2.3%

• Total voters

OldM

Oct 14, 2023
You forgot one. I seem to remember them playing this one during Lord Dregg season, but maybe it aired before that.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OykF6AuhxY

It just hit me that I've been alive long enough to experience every era of Turtles. The regular 87 is a classic, and it spawned plenty of variants, but I love that 2003 theme. The count offs, the "I love being a turtle!", the "WATCH OUT FOR SHREDDER!", all of it. Although I always thought it was odd that the Shredder sounded like that, rather than the way he sounded in the show. Especially when the Karai variant happened and she sounded like herself.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
The entire franchise is built on the back of the '87 theme making it sound like the absolute coolest premise ever, despite the actual quality of the show. There are no remixes that improve on it and there are no good replacements for it.

Oct 27, 2017
Curious how many are nostalgia votes vs listening. Grew up on 87 but 2012 is the best.
This is me. 87 votes are probably mostly from people who only watched that one, specifically when it was current and thats about it. Grew up on those turtles, was obsessed but then outgrew it. 2012 brought me back with its better handling of martial arts, humor and drama.

The original is pretty corny. And I say this as a fan of the original Thundercats (but didn't turn my nose up at what came after), so I get loving cheesy shit lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Folks just don't know the hype of watching that 2012 intro with their kids, playing with the toys and getting some quality programming with fight choreography that outclassed most in its genre. And then seeing the evolution of it as the show expanded. Man, miss those times.

Knightbat05

Nov 7, 2022
The 2003 song, and it's not even close. The 87 theme song sounds way too corny and almost outdated for my ears.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I voted for Back to the Sewer because its the one TMNT theme that randomly pops into my mind with some semi-frequency. I do really like the original '03 one as well. The slight variation for the '03 one after they beat Shredder is one version I enjoy a lot.

I'm really in the mood to watch a TMNT series now. Maybe its time to watch '18/Rise now

aett

Oct 27, 2017
Northern California
I didn't especially care for the several episodes of 2012 that I saw, but watching the intro just now... I actually like that a lot. And I'm 41 years old and started with the '87 show. (It's been a long time since I've seen it, but I remember liking the 2003 show the most because of how it stuck the closest to the Mirage comics, but it's probably my least favorite of the theme songs.)

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
1987/2012

That entire 2003 era is terrible. There's absolutely no hook, no melody, nothing. It's like doing 8 different things with no flow.

Last edited:

kowhite

May 14, 2019
I mean …Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! I mean…that song. What possible reason could you say something else?
And I have a soft spot for the theme of the 2014 movie but…really? How is this a question?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

SilentStorm

Apr 14, 2019
Look, i have posted here more than once how i hate that the 80's show still gets so much attention, to a point where the Nick Brawl games have the 80's turtles over any incarnation that Nick actually created because the devs refused to do anything but the 80's turtles and Shredder's Revenge was all about them...BUT the opening is phenomenal and a genuine classic.

It rocks and as much as i like the TMNT franchise in general and want to defend others...i can't lie, OG theme wins and if i feel like singing any TMNT song it will be that one.