• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Aug 12, 2019
Isaac, Bomberman, and Shovel Knight.

I prefer characters from new series that don't have representation, so I chose Shovel Knight over Skull Kid just so slightly. Bomberman missing the roster really comes off as weird, especially with how many great third parties are continuing to be added as playable in this game.

Wonderrade

The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Isaac Bomberman and Zero

(I dont think Zero necessarily deserves it, but I love him so that an indulgent pick)

Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
Including Assist Trophies that are not in Ultimate: Bomberman, Spring Man and Tingle.

Infantry and Tanks would be up there too, but just them in sprite form isn't really conducive to an "upgrade" to playable status.

Or if we just want to be silly, Chef Kawasaki (but only if he has his Ed Wynn 4Kids dub voice), Prince of Sablé and Phosphora. Though Thwomp would be pretty accessible to beginner Kirby players.

Last edited:

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
Isaac, Sable Prince, Starfy. Golden Sun was robbed, and the roster needs more cartoonish characters in general.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
Zero. But seriously, Monster Hunter needs to be one of the last fighters. I could even see it being the final fighter. It is by far the biggest franchise they have without a fighter. And it could have a different main weapon for each of it's alts, thus making 8 different fighters. It's the ultimate final fighter. Or just do single moves with different weapons a la MvCI.

decoyplatypus

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Hammer Bro (Mario)
Squid Sisters (Splatoon)
Waluigi (Mario)

Waluigi is an icon. Hammer Bro is a long-running Nintendo character with a different weapon and movement style than what already exists on the roster, and you could easily combine him with fire bro and boomerang bro.

Last edited:

Aprikurt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 29, 2017
Shovel Knight, Midna, Isaac

I'd say Dillon because I love the character design, but the games are trash.

OP
OP
Waluigilicious
Oct 27, 2017
**As of post #56**

1. Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) 16

2. Isaac (Golden Sun) 14

3. Bomberman (Bomberman) 12

4. Waluigi (Mario) 11
5. Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda) 10
6. Spring Man (ARMS) 9
7. Alucard (Castlevania) 7
7. Midna (The Legend of Zelda) 7
9. Lyn (Fire Emblem) 5
10. Rodin (Bayonetta) 4
10. Tiki (Fire Emblem) 4
10. Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle) 4
10. Zero (Mega Man) 4

Akira (Virtua Fighter) 3
Ashley (WarioWare) 3
Dr. Wright (SimCity) 3
Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western) 2
Gray Fox (Metal Gear Solid) 2
Krystal (Star Fox) 2
Arcade Bunny (Nintendo Badge Arcade) 1
Black Knight (Fire Emblem) 1
Chain Chomp (Mario) 1
Dr. Kawashima (Brain Age) 1
Jeff (Earthbound) 1
Nikki (Swapnote) 1
Samurai Goroh (F-Zero) 1
Shadow the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog) 1
Squid Sisters (Splatoon) 1
Starfy (Starfy) 1
Starman (Earthbound) 1
Vince (Art Academy) 1
Wily Capsule (Mega Man) 1
Andross (Star Fox)
Burrowing Snagret (Pikmin)
Chef Kawasaki (Kirby)
Color TV-Game 15 (Color TV-Game)
Devil (Devil World)
Flies and Hand (Mario)
Ghirahim (The Legend of Zelda)
Ghosts (Pac-Man)
Guile (Street Fighter)
Hammer Bro (Mario)
Kapp'n (Animal Crossing)
Klaptrap (Donkey Kong)
Knuckle Joe (Kirby)
Knuckles the Echidna (Sonic the Hedgehog)
Metroid (Metroid)
Moon (The Legend of Zelda)
Mother Brain (Metroid)
Nightmare (Kirby)
Nintendog (Nintendogs)
Phosphora (Kid Icarus)
Rathalos (Monster Hunter)
Riki (Xenoblade)
Sable Prince (Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru)
Sheriff (Sheriff)
Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
Thwomp (Mario)
Yuri Kozukata (Fatal Frame)

OP
OP
Waluigilicious
Oct 27, 2017
Sukapon, Bomberman, Dillon and Arcade Bunny were in my "top 15 newcommers" list

Sukapon is nintendo's first fighting game, bomberman is awesome and were in that weird platform fighter with snake, dillon is awesome and can easily be a sonic echo and Arcade Bunny represents every DLC bunny nintendo had in the 3ds gen with Street Pass Bunny, Peppy in that sub game and Badge Arcade.

Haven't counted your vote just yet, let me know if you're able to narrow it down to three!

Not sure if this is a vote, let me know if it is =p

Jill, Saki, and Barbara Bat

Ha ha ha :(

Sakurai did Isaac and Shadow really, really dirty.

He did indeed. I'm assuming this isn't your vote though!

ALL THREE VOTES ON MOON

It would still only count as one vote. Let me know if you want that!

I think Bomberman and maybe Isaac are the more deserving... You are missing some Brawl exclusives like Jill, though.

Unfortunately the whole point of this is that these designs are in Ultimate ready to go, and Sakurai has the rights to use them for this game. Let me know what your vote is.

Isaac, Bomberman and Ray Mark 3.

Of course Ray was a assist trophy in Brawl only but it still counts.

Unfortunately not :( see above.

Spring Man and Bomberman are the most obvious choices from that list. Always fun to see former assists get vindicated by taking to the fight head-on!

Third's a toss-up between Lyn and Takamaru, although I wouldn't mind Shadow as a Sonic Echo.

Let me know how the toss up goes!

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Is it not possible to make a Strawpoll where you can select up to 3 choices? This poll method seems very inefficient.

ShellFoyer

Oct 30, 2017
Out of these choices I'd prefer them to be from currently unrepresented series among the playable fighters. For me, Spring Man (though as an Arms rep I'd rather have Ribbon Girl or Min Min... and they have unique abilites so they can't just be alts), Shovel Knight, Sukapon, Isaac, Vince.

Top 3:

Shovel Knight
Vince
Isaac

Semajer

Oct 27, 2017
Isaac, Bomberman, and the Advance Wars assist trophy that was removed for reasons beyond my comprehension.