jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Hearthstone until it became clear the devs felt gameplay was secondary to the loot boxes.

Thank god Legends of Runeterra has come

Foxnull

Alt-Account
Banned
May 30, 2019
I never bought any DLC except for Oblivion's Shivering Isles. Don't remember the price, though. Mostly I either skip DLC completely or wait for some kind of GOTY edition with all content.

ODD

Oct 25, 2017
Project Cars. I was trying so hard to like that game that I spent not only some good money on it, but I also bought tons of DLC, and now I hate myself for doing that. That game is pure garbage.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I guess path of exile? Bought some tabs on it
I get games with DLCs when they have their complete ediitons or only when the DLC is heavily on sale, so i dont think anything else could apply

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
Rock Band (series) easily.
Same here, and it isn't even close.

Actually, now thinking about it... if we include the Skylanders figures as "DLC" (of course they are not, but they are additional content added/unlocked in the games), then I guess that might approach Rock Band as my kids were obsessed with getting the characters and all of the "rare" variants.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Mass Effect 3 on Origin

Mass effect 3 digital deluxe edition - $10

Mass effect 3 story dlcs altogether - $50

😂

X05

Oct 25, 2017
Rock Band, by far, since I've been buying DLC for it since 2010 or so (and still do)

I *really* don't wanna know how much I've spent on that lol

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Marvel Heroes.
I got the 200$ founder pack, and bought all of the season passes they had.
Biggest regret of spending I've ever done lol.

FanceeLadd

Jan 17, 2020
The only game I can think of that I've actually purchased DLC for is Super Smash Bros. Ultimate with the Fighters Pass. Otherwise I'm always so behind on games that I just end up buying whatever deluxe or GoTY edition of a game has the DLC included. Plus I have the attention span of a goldfish, so usually I'm ready to bounce off a game by the time I'd be hitting any DLC content anyway.

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
Hmmmmm good question.

I believe in "investing" in a game more than spending. LOL

Because if there is a game I start playing and I play more and daily...then I have zero issue buying the DLC for...because I am using that DLC (Believe me when I say that I have bought DLC for games that I haven't even started).

The answer is

RAINBOW SIX: SIEGE - I have...

Bought Year 1 Pass on Xbox One
Bought Year 2 Pass on Xbox One
Bought Year 3 Pass on Xbox One
Bought Year 4 Pass on Xbox One
Bought all ELITE SKINS on Xbox One
Bought all Season Skins on Xbox One
Bought many MANY gun skins and booster packs

And because the game still doesn't support Cross Play between consoles and some of my friends bought the game on PS4 and I wanted to play with them...

Bought Year 1 Pass on PS4
Bought Year 2 Pass on PS4
Bought Year 3 Pass on PS4
Bought Year 4 Pass on PS4

So yeah.... I believe Rainbow Six: Siege is that game I have spent most

Other than R6.... I would also say Rock Band 3 - Singstar - And all Call of Duties (I always buy Season Pass and all)

And I am trying not to go crazy with Fortnite on Xbox One now. Trying to stay happy with just the Battle Pass (But have bought some skins - Star Wars, etc)

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I'm going to say Siege.

Multiple year passes with some Pro League skins and some R6 credits to purchase a couple elite skins.

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
It's Rock Band, no question. Probably spent the most during RB2 though.

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
World of WarCraft by a landslide. Character transfers, Faction Changes, Subscription, and Expansions. It's a gross amount I would bet

halfjoey

Nov 26, 2017
I downloaded Nioh through PS+, loved it, and now that I'm near the end I decided to buy the $24 DLC.
While I wouldn't say I got Nioh for "Free" I still feel like I paid nothing for the base game then paid $24 for the DLC. I guess thats how they get ya.
Its the most I've paid for DLC.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
easily the now dead Marvel Heroes. No regrets either, I had almost 2k hours in that game, I got my money's worth.

I miss it too :(

DeadeyeNull

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 26, 2018
Probably Street fighter 5 I bought all the season passes at launch and several costumes over the years. Thankfully champion edition freed me from this till 6 hopefully

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
It occurs to me scrolling through this thread that I don't think I've ever spent money on DLC ever.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
If I leave out mmo's, probably fallout new vegas. I bought each expansion as they came out so I probably spent the most on that one

Mashing

Oct 28, 2017
EUIV.... but they were in the recent humble bundle so it wasn't much at all. I'll be buying the Crusader Kings II dlc the next time it is on sale.

Fumpster

Nov 4, 2017
Probably Smash Ultimate, I've bought the first DLC character pack, the Sans and Cuphead costumes, and will buy the second DLC pack once money is sorted out. So when all is said and done I think it adds up to like... $60 CAD? I don't really tend to buy DLC all that often and will usually wait for the "gold" edition of a game before buying. Still haven't played Spiderman PS4 because I'm waiting for a good sale on the Gold edition, for instance.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mmm, probably one of the map packs back in the day on CoD or Halo 2. CoD was around $60 in dlc

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
I was obsessed with the game for years

It was basically all I played from 2014 - 2017

Same here but I didn't spend a dime on hats! But I find it fascinating all the same.

I need more info though. Did you sell the hats eventually? Did you keep them? Where are the hats now?

What is your most expensive hat? What does it look like? When you had spent say, ~1k on hats, did it give you pause?

I'm so curious, lol.