• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Thread title

• Kingdom hearts

Votes: 1,011 80.4%
  • Metal Gear

Votes: 163 13.0%
  • Others

Votes: 84 6.7%

• Total voters

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
sorry but this makes no sense to me. I don't see how you can tell LA is after LttP or how zelda 1 is after that.
Link's Awakening is the hard one, I'll give you. Link confuses Marin with Zelda so we know he's met a Zelda before, and it's stated in the manual that you've already defeated Ganon, so it's just vague which Link you are. At that point in the series, there were two possibilities, the Zelda 1+2 Link or the A Link to the Past Link.

Zelda 1 is easy. At the end of Zelda 1, Link kills Ganon. In Zelda 2, Link goes to a different region of Hyrule and Ganon stays dead because he already killed him. When you lose, you see the game over screen that says "return of Ganon" because he's revived by a ritual using Link's blood - that's explained, and Ganon's only appearance in the entirety of Zelda 2. So until the timeline thing comes up, all the other games that have Ganon take place earlier, before he was killed.

A Link to the Past also contains his origin story; it's the first game that mentions that Ganon was originally a thief named Ganondorf until he was transformed by entering the Sacred Realm. That shows pretty explicitly that it's a prequel.

The idea that there was never any timeline just doesn't match up to how the early series was, where for the vast majority of the games (basically all of the console ones) the connections were evident.

Last edited:

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand Kingdom Hearts story, like its not the individual events and how they connect, but I was just confused playing the back half of 3.

Like the minor antagonists are the remaining members of Organization 13, who are nobodies who had their body separated from their heart, which is kind of like their soul(?) and they have no emotions or individual agency, and that's how all the heroes treat them and kind of just hate them for existing... but like they totally do have emotions and individual agency. Roxas and Axel form an intense bond during 358/2 Days and like the first time you see them in CoM, the big bad of the game is trying to splinter off, then in 3 the long hair blonde guy betrays Org. 13 to help the heroes. So much of the end of the game is a series of boss fights where you're killing each member of the Org, and Sora is just smiling as they die going "Don't worry, now you'll be complete," like some serial killer cultist who thinks he's send his victims to the great turtle in space.

So like them being "complete," does that erase the nobody? Cuz Roxas and Namine are shown to be very much different people from their "real" counterparts and turn into androids to continue existing.

Like I apologize if I getting a lot of this wrong, but I just don't get it.

Last edited: