lightning16

May 17, 2019
They'll probably have a ton of games announced by the end of 2022. Sony has no issues announcing a game several years before release, so you could be looking at games releasing in 2024 or 2025 with this timeframe lol. It's hard to even guess because you could have launch window games and then those same teams having new games announced.

I just want Ape Escape 4.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really just Horizon 2, a new Ratchet and Clank, Spider-Man 2, and God of War 2 for me. If we're including hopes too than I'll also add Bloodborne 2.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Wave 1:
- Wild, Demon's Souls Remake, Ratchet & Clank sequel, Horizon sequel, Gran Turismo 7, Ape Escape, SIE-Japan collaboration, The Last of Us Online

Wave 2:
- Spider-Man sequel, God of War sequel, Days Gone sequel, new shooter from Guerrilla, Toyama's new SIE-Japan project, Housemarque's AAA game

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
All their big studios will be set to release PS5 games before the end of 2022 except Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch and the New San Diego studio.

I expect Guerrilla and Polyphony and Japan Studio to get big games out in 2020 (with maybe 1 slippage to early 2021). Insomniac, Santa Monica, and bluepoint will get games out in 2021. Bend and the new San Diego Studio 2022.

Sony will look to announce as much as possible as soon as possible. Guerilla, Polyphony, Japan Studio, bluepoint Insomniac and Santa Monica will all reveal their games at either the PS5 reveal or at an E3 like event before the console launches.

By the end of 2021 Naughty Dog, Bend, the new San Diego Stuido and if the deal continues, Kojima Productions will all have announced their next games. 2022 announcements could be anything.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Some kind of exclusive RPG - and I'm talking a real one, not a "we put some bland stat mechanics in our third person cover shooter and made enemies gigantic hit sponges" RPG-lite.

I don't care about anything else. If PS5 doesn't get an exclusive RPG I'm just gonna skip the console.

Oh my God you are obssessed with this Sony RPG thing

Let it go they will never fund it get ready for Knack 3

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
U817szP.gif

yR2f6My.gif

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
COLONY WARS: PSVR2 launch title, whenever that is, either end of 2021 or 2022.

I'm already hyped to the max for it to finally happen!!1

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
I hope you're wrong. I expect this around the end of next year or the beginning of 2021.
Don't take me wrong, I too hope it'll come out as soon as possible, but Naughty Dog's recent statement about multiplayer in The Last of Us Part II makes me think it's still yeaaaaaars away. I still don't understand how some people expect it to launch alongside the PS5.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my God you are obssessed with this Sony RPG thing

Let it go they will never fund it get ready for Knack 3

Why spend hundreds of dollars on hardware that isn't going to get what I want to play? I don't have any interest in just buying a sequel-box for a bunch of western IP I don't care about.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
I would expects by then:
- a new Guerrilla Games release
- a new Naughty Dog IP announcement
- a new Insomniac Games IP announcement
- that Bluepoint Games title released
- a new Santa Monica IP announcement
- a new Bend IP announcement
- a new Souls game released

Not much else from 1st party.

I doub't Polyphony Digital will be on-time considering how much they are investing in future technologies for the Gran Turismo games. They may port-over Gran Turismo Sport to keep the ball rolling a little with a few net-gen tweaks.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
No one forces you to buy it

Correct. But at the same time, I am allowed to express my frustration with the fact that the platform I put the bulk of my time and money into is repeatedly making it clear that they have zero interest in retaining me as a customer. It's not like there's an alternative to go with.

Femto0

Banned
Apr 28, 2018
Correct. But at the same time, I am allowed to express my frustration with the fact that the platform I put the bulk of my time and money into is repeatedly making it clear that they have zero interest in retaining me as a customer. It's not like there's an alternative to go with.
There are 4 alternatves to go i suppose ps isn't the right choice for you if you want a first party rpg

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I expect horizon 2 to release in early 2021, spiderman in late 2021 and god of war 2 in early 2022, dunno what will be late 2022, you will have a new ND IP announced by then

I like and agree with this timeline. Sony would do well to get those three sequels out as early in the PS5's lifecycle as possible. I'm not saying to rush them, but they'd certainly be a reason that many PS4 owners upgrade.

Deleted member 5764

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some kind of exclusive RPG - and I'm talking a real one, not a "we put some bland stat mechanics in our third person cover shooter and made enemies gigantic hit sponges" RPG-lite.

I don't care about anything else. If PS5 doesn't get an exclusive RPG I'm just gonna skip the console.

Is there a specific studio you have in mind, along with someone who presented an idea of a game like this? It seems strange to me to want to will a first party JRPG into existence.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I like and agree with this timeline. Sony would do well to get those three sequels out as early in the PS5's lifecycle as possible. I'm not saying to rush them, but they'd certainly be a reason that many PS4 owners upgrade.
Other than spiderman 2 i wouldnt say there is anything thats super rushed, and i think insomniac can hit that because the first game was in full dev for only 2 years and this time they already have a lot of work ready

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Japan Studio: Ape Escape 4 or a remake of the original
I just can't believe that they'd open up a Twitter account for the 20th Anniversary of the series and not actually do anything with the games themselves. With them reviving other PSone-era games, this was is too obvious. Especially with how clear it is that current PS gamers are nostalgic for old PS platformers. As you can see with the success of games like Crash, Spyro and Ratchet.

Naughty Dog: Factions and possibly a new IP
For the last few games ND have announced a new game the same year that they release another. In 2011 they released Uncharted 3 and announced TLoU. In 2013 they released TLoU and announced Uncharted 4. In 2016 they released Uncharted 4 and announced TLoU Part II.

Guerrilla: Horizon 2
Last year they talked about beefing up their studio so that they can start releasing games every 2-3 years. Next year will mark four years since they released a new game. There's also the game Simon Larouche is working on, but I think that may be too early since he only joined the studio last year.

Bluepoint: Demon's Souls remake
That at least appears to be what they're working on.

Insomniac Games: Ratchet and Clank
The PS4 game is the most successful game in the series. There's no way the IP just sits and collects dust now. I think it's too soon for a Spider-Man announcement or a new IP, unless it's something VR-related.

San Diego: MLB
This is probably the safest pick. Although at least some Sony San Diego team is working on an action game. So that could show up as well.

Polyphony: Gran Turismo 7
Admittedly this is very much something I hope is announced. We know that they're working on the next game in the series since Kaz has said that it'll be a "complete form of GT" that combines the past, present and future.

I'm not sure if we'll hear from any other internal studios since they will have all just released games recently.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a specific studio you have in mind, along with someone who presented an idea of a game like this? It seems strange to me to want to will a first party JRPG into existence.

Honestly, at this point, no. They'd probably need to build an entirely new studio for a project like that. Japan Studio is a shell of a company.

I would take an RPG from Naughty Dog, though, provided it was actually a substantial RPG with a heavy emphasis on story or character progression, and not "we made a Far Cry game with extremely mild RPG elements and now we're calling it an RPG" like Horizon.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Most excited by whatever Naughty Dog put their effort into next, I cannot wait to play it at the end of next gen, lol. Other than that Gran Turismo on PS5 could culminate into the ultimate racing experience when combined with the PS5 and PSVR2. I have high hopes.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
From what I remember, I don't think PlanetSmasher much cares for Horizon, or it never "clicked" with them. Anyway, I'm sure we'll see a turn based rpg from Sony next gen. Octopath Traveler proved that there's still a market for such games.

I'd be fine with an action RPG too, provided it's a real RPG and not another lightweight pseudo-RPG that caters to none of the genre's strengths despite inheriting most of its weaknesses.

Imagine if The Order 1886 was a full-fledged Mass Effect-type game with party customization and multiple endings instead of the overly scripted nothing that it ended up being.

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
Bloodborne 2
God of War 2
Horizon 2
New IP from Naughty Dog
New IP from Insomniac games
Demon Soul's REMAKE

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Aside from Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch, I expect every Worldwide studio to have put out a PS5 game by the end of 2022.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
Hey im really hoping for:

Knack 3
C-12 Final Resistance 2
The Agent
The Getaway 3
Eve of extinction 2
Battleborn 2.
Genji 2

Id also like:

God of war remastered
Uncharted 4 remastered
Horizon zero dawn remastered
Knack 1 & 2 remastered
Judgement remastered
Ni no kuni 2 remastered
GT Sport remastered

Feb 8, 2019
Spider-Man 2
Horizon 2
God of War (2018) 2
New Ratchet and Clank
Bluepoint's new remaster
Persona 3 Remake
Sly Cooper revival

Lots of sequels here lol, I hope Sony mixes in some fun new IP as well

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Horizon Zero Dawn 2 I expect at launch or at least in the first year of PS5 and God of War 2 I could see late 2021 or in 2022.