• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which past successful franchise would you want to have another shot next gen?

• Socom

Votes: 69 15.5%
  • Killzone

Votes: 57 12.8%
  • Warhawk

Votes: 49 11.0%
  • Resistance

Votes: 111 24.9%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 160 35.9%

• Total voters

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Been eye balling my massive PlayStation collection from PS3/PS4 the past few hours thinking.... man, Sony had so many gems these last few generations.

I truly miss Resistance the most, I think. While I spent hundreds of hours on Killzone 2 MP, nothing compares to the unique experience of Resistances campaigns. Not to mention R2 coop was one of the best coop experiences I've had since Halo and Destiny.

I also miss Warhawk, what a unique, chaotic game that was...

What about y'all?

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I appreciate a fellow Warhawk fan. It's the one IP I wish to return every gaming conference.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Maybe Killzone. That or none of the above. Part of me would simply prefer new AAA IP's.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
How about a reimagining of the Wild Arms franchise? Zero interest in Sony making even more shooters, but a wild west RPG? I'm 100% on board with that.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I want more Infamous. There's gotta be a developer out there who can bring the IP back.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to see all of those come back. But most I'd love to see a Warhawk remaster. Don't even change anything.

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
inFAMOUS. Only if they bring back Cole. They can easily find a way to bring him back. Time travel is one of those options. An alternate timeline is another.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I like both Killzone and Resistance but I think there's more to do in the Resistance universe than there is in Killzone's. There's so much you could do with the narrative there and I think they really figured what they wanted Resistance to be with the third game.

Either way, if they were making new games in either series I'd suggest rebooting and starting from scratch.

I don't care for stuff like MAG and Socom. I loved those games at the time but you could make any military shooter by another name, with the same mechanics. The IPs themselves don't hold much value in those games.

Really though, the right answer is Fat Princess.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Would love a modern remake of Rogue Galaxy. I'm always up for more sci-fi JRPGs.

OP
OP
VinFTW

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Infamous is a great choice. I loved the first two, but man Second Son is such a special game.

Still looks amazing to this day. It was a launch game!!!

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I'd like if Sucker Punch went back to inFamous after GOT.

Delsin is the perfect character for the game.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Legend of Fucking Dragoon Remake

It's time for PS1 JRPGs to come back

Nov 28, 2017
FMLlVQa.gif

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
PopoloCrois

Dark Cloud

Boku no Natsuyasumi

The Legend of Dragoon because I never played it and people seem to say it's good

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Resistance. Series ended just as it was finding its identity and Sony is missing a big FPS for their library. Modes like the co-op from 2 would do so well in the modern GaaS environment

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Colony Wars. Hell, the only other dormant IP they have I care at all about is Ape Escape, the rest can stay down for all I care.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I will always say MAG first and foremost.

Also, I would nominate Little Big Planet. I know there was a PS4 game but it was an early cross gen game. Sony should give Sackboy more love.

OP
OP
VinFTW

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
So many Dark Cloud and Wild arms responses. Maybe I need to finally play these.

What sets these apart from other RPGs of that era?

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
Warhawk for me.

Running and gunning, jumping into a plane, nope - there was a mine on it...

Man, that game :)