• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Question in the thread title!

• Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 504 51.2%
  • Splatoon 3

Votes: 221 22.5%
  • Bayonetta 3

Votes: 259 26.3%

• Total voters

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade 3 is number 1 for me. Loved XC1 and very much enjoyed XC 2 as well even if it was a bit more flawed overall imo. XC3 basically being advertised as the culmination of the story from the get go has me very excited.

Bayonetta 3 I'm also very much looking forward to. Loved Bayo 1 and 2 so I trust Platinum to not mess up 3.

Splatoon is a Nintendo franchise I appreciate from afar but ultimately have no interest in playing myself. As far as multiplayer games go Mario Strikers Battle League is much more my speed. I've been wanting a Strikers sequel for ages now. Very happy that it's finally happening.

Drachen

May 3, 2021
Xenoblade 3 all day, though I'm nearly just as excited for Bayo3, too.

Couldn't care less about Splat.

OP
OP
Neiteio

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Bayonetta 3.

Curious about XB3, but people seem down on the last game.

Splatoon 3 needs a F2P version. It looks fun but not enough for me to pay for.
XC2 may actually be the most popular one. While it has some controversial character designs, it also reviewed very well, and once you get past the admittedly slow process of unlocking its many systems, it becomes an incredible game with many wonderful characters, a world even more beautiful and imaginative than XC1, a fun combat loop that feels like stacking up and knocking down dominoes, and a best-in-class soundtrack. It's my favorite in the series and I've played them all, X included.

Last edited:

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade is day one. 2 had a lot of problems - bad character designs, boring combat, poorly implemented side mechanics - but they are correctable and the first game was brilliant.

I might pick up Bayonetta, it's not a high priority.

Not sure Nintendo could possibly make Splatoon less interesting to me.

disparate

Oct 25, 2017
XC2 may actually be the most popular one. While it has some controversial character designs, it also reviewed very well, and once you get past the admittedly slowly process of unlocking its many systems, it becomes an incredible game with wonderful characters, a world even more beautiful and imaginative than XC1, a fun combat loop that feels like stacking up and knocking down dominoes, and a best-in-class soundtrack. It's my favorite in the series and I've played them all, X included.
I still hold a grudge for Monolith releasing a game that looked like a badly compressed low-res JPEG for 80 bucks though.

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade and it's not even close for me.

I'm still debating on getting Splatoon 3, since I thought 2 was bad. Not even bothering with Bayo 3, thought the first two were so boring.

On the other hand, I loved every Xenoblade game I've played. Hype!

TwntyOneTwlv

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
ehh, kinda none of them actually

the only one I'd have any interest in whatsoever is Splatoon, but I bounced off the second game pretty hard after not even a dozen hours

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
God, do I pick the 3rd entry to my favorite hack n' slash series, the 3rd entry that is not only the sequel to my favorite JRPG, but one that that will potentially be Takahashi finally realizing his vision not compromised by time, budget, or scope, or the 3rd entry to the only shooter I even care to get good at?

Neuroxia

Mar 31, 2019
For me it's Xenoblade Chronicles 3 followed by Bayonetta 3.

I hardly care about Splatoon, not because it's a bad series, but because i'm not into multiplayer stuff.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I...don't know

I'm looking forward to all three of these but thus far none of them have shown enough to make me like "woah, now that's got me as hype as Neiteio himself"

XB3 will have the god like OST though so...that? but I'm also burnt out on long JRPGs
dammit, why can't you show me something to hook me Splatoon?

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Came to say Xenoblade, totally forgetting about the other two... All three are easily my most anticipated games of this year, but I'll probably give the edge to Xenoblade.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I'll probably at least play Xenoblade Chronicles 3. Other than that I think I'm kinda done with Switch though. Having a Series X made me notice the performance shortcomings of the Switch a little too much.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Insanely hyped for Xeno and Bayo. Couldn't care less about Splat 3.

Xenoblade >>> Bayo>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Splatoon

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
Bayo Followed by Splatoon. don't really care at all about Xenoblade.

Though the gameplay reveal of bayo was rough to say the least, so at this point I might be more interested in splatoon

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Xenoblade 3 just has a lot of circumstantial evidence in addition to what we've actually seen going for it. The tone of the trailer is great, but then you've also got
- a way longer dev time than Xenoblade 3
- Monolith growing, so more people and polish on the game
- Mitsuda claiming the OST is his masterpiece
- following up on past game's plotlines

It just seems like it's going to be very special and a big jump for the series compared to XC2 and DE. Monolith just keeps growing.

Bayo 3 I'm super excited for, but it doesn't have those above factors that make me CONFIDENT in it. I need more details.

Zeal543

Next Level Seer
May 15, 2020
XC3 for sure, although I'm really excited for B3 too. I have some kind of weird mental block with splatoon, it looks fun and I want to try it but for whatever reason I can't pull the trigger

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
i'll eventually play xc3 i think, in the distant future, the other two probably not

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
I had been wanting Bayonetta 3 until I saw the latest trailer.

What a load of disappointment that was. And not hiring the original voice actor? GTFO

Now I've zero interest in Bayo3. Guess I'll just replay the previous games.

I hope Xeno3 is good.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Love me some Xenoblade and the wider Xenoverse going back to Xenogears. Nevermind all things being equal, the RPG always wins. Easy choice for XC3.

Do love Splatoon though. Bayonetta, unfortunately, never broke through to my Ninja Gaiden/DMC shaped heart.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I flip flop on the top two, it depends on how I feel on a given day. Presently I'm very much feeling Splatoon 3 for the time being. Despite ~500 or so hours put into the game I haven't played 2 in a very long time, and I'm staying away from the game to make sure I jump into it with as fresh of an experience as possible, which is giving me withdrawals. I really hope 3 ends up being a mammoth sized encapsulation of this franchise's potential. The showing on the last Direct was a lot more modest than I'd hoped it'd be, but I expect they'll ramp things up closer to release. Splatoon 2 on release felt like more of a plus sized port in a lot of ways, so I hope the long development window since Octo Expansion will give them enough time to really upsize it in greater ways. Octo Expansion was a legendary campaign and I expect Return of the Mammalians to be at least as amazing as that.

Bayonetta 3 is second for me. I want to see more but it looks fantastic so far, I think the monster summoning gimmick looks like exactly what this franchise has been building up to. Now that the action bar has been raised so high, and with Platinum hopefully having learned a lot of lessons from their own preceding games, as well as the current competition, I'm confident that Platinum is gonna put the queen back on top. Bayo 1 is still a top 3 game in the entire genre, and I want to see 'em push it to the limit.

Xenoblade 3 looks like it's gonna be a great time for fans, but I still have to plow through both games before I set myself into hype mode. They're both huge time investments.

iag

Oct 27, 2017
Bayo. Can't get used to Xeno battle system and I'm still burnt out after 500+ hours of Splatoon 2.

ARobotCalledV

Aug 22, 2020
Very excited for more Xenoblade, just hoping to god we don't get some super egregious designs later in the game. I want the series to take itself seriously and not be a game for otakus.

Excited for Splatoon 3 and Bayonetta 3 as well. Splatoon 3 could have an all time great campaign going by the octo expansion and it's been too long since I've got some good platinum combat.

Going to be a great year for Nintendo games.