• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which is better, https://www.myinstants.com/instant/straight-up-7267/ ?

• Batman vs. Superman

Votes: 346 55.7%
  • Wonder Woman '84

Votes: 275 44.3%

• Total voters

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Batman v Superman by far. Thoughts on the plotting aside I think there's some individually great scenes. The batman and superman fight is pretty damn brutal and has its moments, the opening Metropolis scene through Bruce's perspective is the most well done contrasting superpower scene as well showing how scary those third act setpieces really look to normal ppl in the environment, good bruce and alfred casting too.

I despised WW 84. I did like Pascal and Wiig though, I think they deserved a better film.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol I can't believe BvS is winning. What a bunch of goobers.

WW84 is a terrible movie but at least it's trying to have a good time. At least it's pretty fun at times. At least it made me laugh.

also, WW84's themes and messaging are positive and appropriate and that's nice where as BvS has nasty trash themes and messaging and terribly interprets its characters

and WW84 didn't end with fighting a giant turd monster

i don't particularly like any DCEU films but I gotta confess, I think Birds of Prey is secretly the best of the lot. And i don't even really like Harley. Shazam is a lame movie, btw.

Last edited:

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
None of it is fun.

It's dreadfully boring
"Fun" was a poor choice of word to be fair, I mean at it's having fun with itself and kinda knows its dumb.

It doesn't realize how dumb, sure, but still, it tries so I'll take that over how painfully un-selfaware and up its own ass BvS is.

Even on lists like this MoS is forgotten, this hurts.

giphy.gif

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
I mulled it over and I really can't pick one over the other. I strongly dislike both for pretty similar reasons, I don't think either understand the titular characters and both have stupid plot stuff that gives you whiplash: MARTHA and how the wishes worked are easy two picks but there is so much more in each.

Aug 13, 2019
Okay, BvS is better. While I find it offensive to my geek soul, WW84 has slightly higher highs and way lower lows. It's a surprisingly cynical movie, despite its message, and is incredibly offensive, racist, and all kinds of fucked up.

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
I Love the shit out of BvS, warts and all. Man of Steel is still my favourite Synder entry in the DCU but BvS gets a very honourable mention.

WW84 I watched as the perception of the movie was sliding downhill fast so my expectations were adjusted. I didn't outright hate the thing, mostly on account of game performances from the supporting cast and I want to say I wish it had been delayed for reshoots and further editing but with the foundational problems with it I dunno how that would have turned out. I really wish Wiig hadn't gone full Cats at the end there and instead her and WW have a good 10-15 minute brawl, really laying into one another.

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
WW84 is better and it's not even close. WW84 at least has the Mandalorian having a great time hamming it up as an 80s conman. The Chris Pine fish out of water stuff was fun too.

BvS is an absolute slog of a movie with no redeeming quality other than Battfleck being better than expected. It's made only mildly watchable with the 3 something hour extended edition that adds basic things like establishing shots.

Okii

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder Woman 84 is genuinely awful, except for Pedro Pascals scene chewing I hated it, BvS is great.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
BvS at least at some really sick action.

And the Ultimate cut fixes a lot of plot holes / logic issues.

It's also lucky that Martha and Doomsday are inexplicably not as stupid as what's going on in ww 84.

But the sexual abuse and blatant racism also makes ww 84 drop 5 points instantly.

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston
WW84 was a homage to Donner / 80s schlock that missed the mark. It was .. fine.

BvS is just a cringy mess of what ZS thinks is cool.

Kronotech

Oct 28, 2017
I thought both BvS and WW were good, enjoyable, and watch-it-one-more-time-able. WW2 was awful. The story was all over the place, inconsistent, motivation confusing, and special effects like a CW show. I was really disappointed.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Finally watched WW84, took me 3 days because I kept zoning out. How could anyone like this? I'm honestly baffled and it makes me want to stop watching movies. It's such a disaster. Like a Lifetime movie got a DC budget... good lord.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
can't believe i'm saying this, but WW84 is worse. Holy shit this movie is just trash. Like shockingly so. Just watched it and I have no idea where those initial positive impressions came from

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
Poll results?????
Haven't watched ww84, but there is no way it's worse than BvS.
BvS made me lose interest in all future DCCU movies. The movie is absolute garbage.

Zolbrod

Oct 27, 2017
Osaka, Japan
At least I had SOME fun with BvS.
Wonder Woman was just one long boring slog.

Edit: Oops, I thought this was about the first WW movie, not the new one.
Is the new one even worse!?

zolee

Oct 2, 2020
I just realized that both BvS theatrical and WW84 are 151 minutes long
BvS for me, like easily, WW84 is prequels levels of horrible

Skade

Oct 28, 2017

I can't honestly rank one over the other. They are both big piles of steaming crap.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I like BvS more but I don't think either are bad movies. BvS is a movie that's pretty flawed but where I "saw the vision" and think there are amazing ideas in there, even if it never quite comes together. WW84 is pretty much just something that exists.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
BvS I was at least fascinated by the terrible choices and even worse script, where Snyder was all the way up his own ass about how poignant and meaningful everything supposedly was, before they fight the melted grey cave troll.

WW84 was just bad.

Snyder took two of the biggest superheroes in history, and made THAT with them. Look on in sheer terror.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
W84 and it's not even close. While not a great movie it at least didn't make me wanna tear my hair out.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
I didn't watch Batman v superman after the reviews and reactions when it first came out and now it's going to be the same with WW84, I've lost all interest in watching it even thought the first one is one of my favourite superhero movies.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Should ask which is less worse, not which is better. BvS is less worse. It's not a good movie, but there are parts of it I do liked. Can't say the same for WW84. Not only is it a terrible movie, it's also even more disappointing because it comes off the first WW which is one of the best DCEU movie.

Deathman

Oct 25, 2017
They're both awful films and no one will convince me otherwise. Wonder Woman (the first one) apparently was a fluke and the DCEU remains bad (aquaman being bad yet amazing not withstanding)

Diana raped a man without his consent, and is okay with it. None of a single moment in BvS stood this low, unless I remember wrongly, which you could try to convince me.

This also, no idea how the hell this got greenlit as a plot point.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
are people actually serious with that poll result

i know WW84 has become the new big thing to hate on but come on

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
i had a better time with WW (up until the final ... 15 minutes or so) than i did with BvS which was so depressing so watch.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
WW84 was just plain ole' boring. Even the action sequences were a massive downgrade. At least BvS had better action scenes.

Deleted member 15227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WW84 is absolute garbage from start to end. BvS at least had some awesome moments and birthed some classic memes and an Auralnauts video.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
They're bad in completely different ways. WW84 is basically a pointless movie that shouldn't have been made but was only made somewhat poorly, whereas BvS is a spectacular train wreck that should have been made but displays some of the most impressively bad decisions in modern cinema.

I guess ultimately I'd rather rewatch BvS to marvel at the sheer audacity of some of the choices Snyder made, so WW84 is "worse" in the sense of at least being more boring.

Mirado

Jul 7, 2020
Both are more or less equal in racism, but only WW84 has a weird nonconsensual possession storyline and also tries to make us think a character has turned evil by having her beat up a drunk guy who very clearly attempted to sexually assault/rape her.

BvS does have an evil plan that involved a jar of piss, though. Hmm. 🤔

No, BvS wins. It gets just about every character wrong but it does it in a way that made me laugh in disbelief. It's executed so strangely that I couldn't even engage the nitpicking portion of my brain because I was too busy gawking at it. WW84 on the other hand elicited a very audible "oh no!" from us when Chris Pine just hijacked a random dude's body. Even in the moment we knew it was fucked up, and honestly things only got worse from then on.

Plus, WW -> WW84 is a way bigger letdown then MoS -> BvS. BvS just felt like more MoS, whereas WW84 totally failed to recapture ANY of the magic that made me really enjoy WW.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't seen WW84 yet but seeing BvS is winning the poll makes me not want to see WW84.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't seen WW84 yet but seeing BvS is winning the poll makes me not want to see WW84.

Batman vs Superman is a bad movie but Wonder Woman is more than just a bad movie. It has thinly veiled political statements about Palestinians, contradicts itself on the subject of sexual assault and the main "lesson" of the movie is legitimately terrible. They also clearly didn't think the movie through very well so there are a lot of problems with just the story itself.

Personally I'd rather just close my ears and plug my fingers into my eyes for three hours than watch either movie, but at least Batman vs Superman is only bad because it's bad.