• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Richardbro

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Easy question for me, it would be Wind Waker definitely.

MV5BZGFlNmY3N2QtNjM0Mi00NGQxLTgwNWUtNzRhZjkwY2U0N2U3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA3NjAwMDc4._V1_.jpg

It's such a magical and joyful game, no other game brings such a smile to my face. Everything in this game is perfection.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
Chrono Trigger. The music, the art, the characters, the breezy plot. It's absolute joy.

Rhodo

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, TX
playing pokemon mystery dungeon dx seriously for the first time and i'm overjoyed with it - a serious surprise for me personally.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
MV5BMmUyZTA1ZDAtZDE2MC00ZjRiLWEzMjctNTA3YjY1MGY3NmExXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzg5OTk2OA@@._V1_.jpg

Without a doubt my favorite game of all time. Never thought it would come back and I would have lost with sanity last year without it. It's the only means for my brother and I to "hang out" since we live in different states now. I play it every day.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Astrobot! Either game but more so the VR one.

If niche "games" count as well, then it's DCS in VR.

Kurtikeya

One Winged Slayer
Dec 2, 2017
Any Kingdom Hearts game that's not on mobile. Either II or III at the top, depending on the day.

oldzac

Jan 22, 2020
Kingdom Hearts
Jak & Daxter
Bully
Katamari Damacy

(Guess what my most beloved childhood console was)

Tigerfog

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
I have lots in my mind, but lately, it's been this game. Such a great sequel.
The backgrounds are 80's, the music's boppin', the redesign of the main characters is super cute and the "earthlings" are really exaggerated and stupid.
capsule_616x353.jpg

bxsonic

Oct 30, 2017
It's Pikmin for me. Something about the atmosphere, the gameplay is just magical to me. Watching the pikmins carry fruits around never gets old. It's probably my favorite Nintendo IP.

Feb 4, 2021
Brazil
Fortnite. Just got it for the Switch and it's the only game where I just want to enjoy the matches, see if I can win and not worry about collecting stuff and optmizing my characters, just have some dumb fun. My other most played games right now (pokemon, mortal kombat, and even paper mario) feel like a grindfest and they certainly don't bring me joy, but my OCD won't allow me to quit until I have everything.

Estizzle

Jan 14, 2019
Breath of the Wild. Something about exploring the world, meeting NPCs, and just wandering around is just so... Joyful.

Aug 13, 2019
Too many games make me smile from ear to ear just thinking about them, but at the top of that list is probably Kingdom Hearts

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Critter Crunch
Yoku Island Express
Sonic Adventure
Viva Pinyaya
Sackboys Big Adventure
Mario Party 4

I can't pick but yeah, those are probably my most joyful games.

Brick

Oct 25, 2017
satisfactory_logo_full_color.jpg

I get so much joy out of factory building games, and Satisfactory hits the spot perfectly for me.

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
Bayonetta. One of those games I have perma-installed and can just play through and always have a great time.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
For me Kirby's Epic Yarn is the game that first sprung to mind. At first I wrote it off as overly easy and simplistic. Rented to and couldn't much get into it. Then I saw how strongly positive the reviews were and gave it another shot. We absolutely loved it and still have a bit to do to 100% it. It's really comforting knowing there's still more of it to complete. Just traversing the creative levels (that do get a bit trickier) is a joy between the creative design, the presentation and the gamefeel. Also, going for 100% definitely adds more challenge to the proceedings. This game is just wonderful.

Also, I've really enjoyed reading the posts in this thread.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
my Zelda Holy Trinity: Wind Waker, ALBW and BOTW are def the games that i feel pure joy while playing and doing everything there's to do.

on the indie side, Ghost of a Tale and on the Playstation side, God of War.