Which 30 seconds cutscene did you get/choose?

• Basic (Elden Lord Ending)

Votes: 49 5.0%
  • Basic feat. Dung (Dung Eater’s Rune)

Votes: 3 0.3%
  • Basic feat. Death (Fia’s Rune)

Votes: 25 2.5%
  • Kawaii Ice Witch (Ranni Ending)

Votes: 784 79.5%
  • Sun Goldman (Golden Order Ending)

Votes: 11 1.1%
  • CHAOS (Three Fingers Ending)

Votes: 114 11.6%

• Total voters
May 26, 2018
LOL. That's amazing. What made you think to like talk to the doll and exhaust its dialogue and shit like that?

Almost all NPCs have extra dialogue so it was just habit to try and exhaust anyone you could talk to... a doll included, I guess? I generally give "no further response" a poke or two before I give up. Thankfully the doll responded on my last poke.

Last edited:

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I want to know who picked Dung ending for the poll. Bro wants to turn the world into a septic tank.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Age of the Stars, i feel proud that i've managed to achieve it without help.
I didn't care too much for ranni and her dreams but i felt a sense of duty towards Iji and Blaidd, i didn't want them to die for nothing.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was really bummed that 4 of the endings are just a different colored sky, especially with how hard it is to get golden lord

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, guess I'm not alone on the Ranni choice. Surprised to see so few Fia people. Seems like a "bad" ending but she's a good character.

Nintenleo

Nov 9, 2017
Italy
I platinumed the game, but if I have to choose I'd say Chaos because it feels like it's the canon ending?

It's the only one with a post credits snippet, something like the red ending of Mass Effect 3, that hints at a possible new story for a dlc or sequel. And I guess it's the only way to definitely get rid of that broken world to allow a new one to be born.

I didn't follow the lore that much, so there's a chance I'm completely awfully wrong.

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
I also did them all by save scumming. Frenzied flame was the most fun and delightfully bleak to me.

But for going into my Journey 2 I just went with the default. It amused me to go through the motions of Ranni and Fia's quests, then completely disregard them at the end lol

I can never take the stories or characters in these games seriously.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Fia, Ranni, then normal.

Not likely to go back and get the others. The normal ending was just a speed run through the new game plus with rivers to see how fast I could get it done.

JT60564

Oct 19, 2020
I know it's way too obvious that everyone (including me) would pick the ice waifu ending but, I still laughed at the results.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
They really should advertise "Marry cute witches" right on the box. They'd sell another 12 million.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
i got frenzied flame because i found fingers in a hole and they felt me. it was a good ending, didn't get any others yet

Oct 27, 2017
Got two for my 2 play throughs but voted Chaos as it was my first play through:

3 Fingers because Chaos is love, chaos is life. Played a Pyro / Faith build so it was only fitting.

Second play through was a Sorc so Ranni waifu ending was mandatory.

spacer

Oct 30, 2017
I did all of them multiple times, for achievements and trophies, but my favorite is probably Ranni's ending followed by the regular ending.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
WJv2ky5.gif

JordianKnot

Oct 27, 2017
I got Ranni's ending. But after watching the others online, I think the Chaos/Frenzied Flame ending is definitely the best.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All of them for the achivements, but the one i did the first was goldman. No way am i destroying everything, and letting the stars take center stage did not seems like the best choice considering the shits that travels with them.

zashga

Losing is fun
Oct 28, 2017
Somehow stumbled through Ranni's quest on my first playthrough. Good thing, too… it's easily the closest thing to a "good" ending.

pants

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
1st playthrough was Ranni because it was the most work and she seemed invested in making shit happen. A 1000 year plan is better than "curse errybody" or "muh golden order."

2nd was Chaos, which was legit atmospheric and terrifying af. 3rd was Sunman.

Disappointed that the endings basically all just sort of say "hey thats that, roll credits."

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Ranni's ending is the only one with a real sense of closure.

The Elden Lord ending you're ostensibly just perpetuating the cycle. The Frenzied Flame ending is basically, "fuck it, everybody dies".

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Ranni, and I had no real desire to do anything else.

A world led by moonlight or whatever the fuck sounds pretty chill and nice looking as opposed to "everything is on fire," "everything is dung," or "everything is the same but more boring"

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
I went with Ranni's ending on the first playthrough. Definitely the least bleak of them all. When I go for NG+ at some point, I'll do the Frenzied Flame ending, but that'll probably be it for me.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
All of them, but Ranni's ending is my headcanon. Before, I usurped the flame for Londor and was reborn through the Moon Presence. Now I usher in the Age of Stars.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
Chose the Ranni ending first. Sped through the game two more times in a row the next day to do the frenzied flame next and basic ending after.

Didn't feel much like seeing the slight variations after all that, but considering a run without me even knowing any speedrunning tactics takes like 2-3 hours, I'll probably do them eventually

DarkLegion

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I wanted Ranni ending but my exploring led me the three fingers. found out about the needle cure too late

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
Same!

Although I have to say, all of them felt pretty underwhelming. They were all short and vague. I guess the vague part shouldn't surprise me, since you need to go digging for story in the first place. Maybe it all felt a little samey?

Yeah, especially the four Elden Lord endings were nearly the same with just some different lighting and voice over about the state of the world. But it is what it is with From games, the story is very thin and obtusely told and I've never found the lore interesting enough to do a deep dive into reading item descriptions and fan interpretations and theories and all that jazz. Just not my cup of tea so I just play for the atmosphere and gameplay and don't get very invested in that stuff.

Freshmaker

Oct 28, 2017
I said well... Ok when Fia gave me her ultimatum.

So Ranni won. She had the best servants and of all the entities in the game, she's the only one who can simply end you instantly if you piss her off.