Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
Like I said a few months back, a fighting game developed by Tekken Project (if 3D) or Arc System Works (if 2D).

Oct 27, 2017
Dontnod

They do Telltale better than Telltale does, and if they were able to get it extra help or design work on the actual gameplay systems I think you could have something really fun there. I find that they have some clumsiness to their execution but overall I think giving them a large budget and the right staff to help develop parts that they may not be the strongest in will turn out a great experience

I also want to add that I don't dislike Telltale as a company, I found that their output has been rather inconsistent, especially recently.

Last edited:

HollowDash

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
The first three Harry Potter games released on PC some years ago were pretty much perfect, not only you had some interesting and unique areas and free roaming around Hogwarts. I really enjoyed the third-person-shooter style with Harry Potter and aiming with the mouse was neat, even the plataform sections were great. I think that the worst thing it ever happened to the franchise was when they switched this style around the fourth game and it was pretty crap imo.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know which developer, but the GB games are the blueprint they should follow.

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
1. Persona meet The Sims, maybe with an online component.

2. Quidditch VR, no wait even better ... 1. but in VR with wand movement motion control for the spells etc... and a quiddich component.

so the dev... err .. whoever could pull that off :p

All of that will probably never happen so.. maybe Avalanche Software since at least there was some rumor about it actually happening

Chocobo Blade

The Wise Ones
Oct 29, 2017
At this point it's a cliche on era to want a Persona Harry Potter but what can I say, it's a perfect fit.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I would like to see a Telltale Harry Potter game. A story-focused game with a little action interspersed would be great, and it would be even better if they could tell a story over a longer period of time than a traditional RPG. (Like Walking Dead)

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
I mean rockstar and he bully franchise is an obvious choice but they will be busy for years to come .

Second choice would be rocksteady . Either way it's insane we never got a decent game .

It's been a lonnnggg time since the books / movies . Should have struck whilst the iron was hot .

Acu

Jan 2, 2018
Persona X Harry Potter sounds so fucking good that in all honesty, I don't believe it will happen ever.

BUT

Another take with modern graphics and mechanics in the like of those GameBoy Color/Advance games would be dope as well.

WGMBY

Oct 27, 2017
Boston, MA
P-Studio would be cool, but personally I'd like to see Sucker Punch. They do wonderfully detailed open worlds, so I think they would be able to do a good representation of Hogwarts+Hogsmeade.

Deleted member 35204

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2017
Persona's school system + slow paced/sight seeing combat of Souls series

Imagine Duke's Archives but bigger and every "x" amount of time you have to go to classes.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
I love persona but I dont want atlus making it or exactly being a persona game, but i wouldnt mind having some traits of persona, like deeper social links and using the night to go for adventures through hogwarts visiting "dungeons" and leveling up.
But I would prefer a more western style rpg with dialogue choices starting from year 1 maybe year 2 in the same game also, with your progress being saved between games.

Give it to the Bully/Canis Canem Edit team.
That was the sleeping dogs team. They dont exist anymore :(

Premium

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NC
Bethesda.

Make your own wizard and create your own adventure open-world style.

First person RPG in the Potter universe would be sick!

dharmapolice

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think the only answer would be to make it in the style of Persona- hell WB should just contact Atlus, they probably don't even know social sim JRPGs exist.

The game would be epic if done well, and you could easily turn it into a series.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Inspired by Persona for sure, P Studio doing it would be amazing, but that'd be unusual and I dunno if all the necessary parties would sign off on it

I'd also be fine with a Fantastic Beasts-style spin-off set outside of Hogwarts, maybe by Rocksteady even, flying around a small British town during Voldemort's first uprising or something.

And a left-field suggestion: a Netherrealm fighting game. The final fight between Voldy and Harry is basically one of the Clashes from Injustice anyway.

May 26, 2018
Triple-A JRPG in the style of Persona.

This has been my answer since forever.

Obsidian in the style of Alpha Protocol.

Mostly the first quote, with a bit of the second for dialogue reactivity and character creation, and a smidgen of Bully for living school environment, and you have an instant GOTY contender.

Just make sure you're not playing Harry, but a Hogwarts student who can be sorted into any house after receiving the letter and getting their supplies at Diagon. Can determine wizard family or muggleborn at character creation. No interaction with major characters from books/movies so we can determine fate of storyline through gameplay. (Long term goal: create a character who is the protagonist for seven games, having their own complete school arc like Harry, but one determined by players. Big difficulty is keeping years of reactivity in play.)

Written by game devs, but supervised by Rowling to maintain tone.

Last edited:

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It should be a 2D-retro platform game, Nemo style, made by Inti Creates.
nemo_21kd36.png

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm already getting it, but not an official game but an indie inspired title.

As far as a AAA title I don't know if there's a specific dev I have in mind. It'd need to be one who has solid open world game experience, attention to small details, and solid writers at least for missions.

Somebody like Rockstar is overkill, but when I played Bully I loved it and thought that could be a solid basis.

As far as Atlus goes, yes they have the social aspect somewhat down to what I want but I don't want a shallow relationship and generic day to day.

I want a game you create your own student, start from year 1 and see your stats and character grow on a day to day, month to month basis. Maybe after each year you get to redesign your character to an older model.

You'd go to classes, depending on which house you choose you have an available pool of npcs to befriend/antagonize, specific missions. A solid fully well done quidditch mini game using the old quidditch world cup as a basis. Or other clubs/activities. Solid exploration aspects through hogwarts secrets.

Like if I have to give an answer I think CDPR or Rockstar could likely make my dream game. But I have such high hopes and dreams for it, I'll never see them fulfilled.

Oct 27, 2017
P-Studio I think, they already have a lot of experience of making players both be mindful with how they spend each day and also offering solid RPG gameplay, character relationships and good world building. I think they'd do a cracking job. Especially since their games ooze style. I think Obsidian would also be a strong choice, they've worked on acquired or borrowed licenses before (South Park, Fallout) and make games with engaging combat and worlds that are faithful to source material. I know the South Park creators were directly involved as well which helped though. It definitely needs to go to a developer who can respect the 'wizarding world' Rowling has created while also being able to put their own spin on it, at least from a story perspective.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Larian Studios, Obsidian or CD Projekt RED

Honestly don't understand all the people that say Persona/Atlus. What they've shown recently is that their games have horrible pacing and have pretty poor stories.

Edit: Others have mentioned it, but Telltale and Don't Nod would be awesome too.

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
From Software, just the thought of all the beasts in From's artstyle makes my heart tingle

Cutebrute

Nov 8, 2017
Arkansas
Third to Rocksteady. Let them do a big action-adventure game with one or more Aurors trying to solve some serious magical crimes and threats. They can deliver in both scope and detail and do something that is not beholden to being a student at Hogwarts.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
Obsidian Entertainment is the king of RPG freedom, so it is my primary choice.
Argonaut did the first Harry Potter game for PS1 and that game is perfect. Don't know if the studio still exist.

OP
OP
Fahdi

Fahdi

Jun 5, 2018
Input so Far (most popular):

Atlus Style Social Links
Bully Style Living Environments
7 Years Story Arc for Completely New Character alongside the happenings of the main character

Other Suggestions:

Infamous Style Karma
Bethesda "Skyrim" World with CDPR "Witcher" level of Sidequests and Alchemy or Magic Use (I would not mind it being an MMO, like Teso now that I think about it).
Pokémon type of catching game for Beasts that you can use in Battle like Ni no Kuni.
Qudditch game handled properly...

Fuck man. I'm not even a huge Harry Potter fan, and even I want this shit now.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
Lionhead was my first thought, so Playground Games(if it is similar), but then I read the Persona idea, and I love it. I do not think Atlus would make a good Harry Potter, and I think the franchise deserves better than the janky animations Atlus Games uses in persona, but that type of game would be perfect for it with trying to balance a school life, but also have a world outside of school, combat, dungeons, etc

Since Lionhead is no longer a thing, and I have know idea if Playground Games will make a similar Fable game as Lionhead, im not really sure on the developer.