• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stef

Oct 28, 2017
Rome, Italy, Planet Earth
After the "big one" (Red Dead Redemption 2) has been announced for PC, which other game is still missing on PC?

I'm basically talking about third-party games, as it is common that 1st party non-Microsoft games usually remain exclusive on Sony and Nintendo platforms.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
RDR though emulation is a thing now (but a proper port would be amazing)
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Sonic 06
Anarchy Reigns
Kingdom Hearts III (this is coming soon tho)

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Persona 5, every Yakuza from 3 to 6, Judgement... There are A LOT of them to just list here.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Just tons and tons from the PS3/360 gen that are generally in the range of 70-90 metacritic so not your biggest titles but some really good games in there.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Probably not considered a big one but I always find the old Resident Evil's, Dino Crisis, Metal Gear Solids and Silent Hill's being missing a wierd fact because they had PC disc releases but never rereleased digitally.

Also with all the Star Wars titles rereleased Battle for Naboo was skipped and I'm not sure why. The disc based PC version actually runs really well, you just need to edit the registry to select resolution options that are not in game.

How bout Rogue Squadron 1 and 2 for a series that never made it to PC at all and damn well should have if Nintendo are done with it.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018
OP mentioned non-1st party...

and if anyone want to argue bloodborne ain't 1st party again, then Smash bros Ultimate ain't 1st party too (developed by Sora & Bamco).

I wouldn't argue something like The Last of Us because there is no precedent for Naughty Dog games on PC but considering every FROM Souls game except for Bloodborne and Demon Souls is on PC, it feels like a big miss.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
There's a fleet of Brinks trucks waiting for the day that Persona arrives on PC.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
What makes you say this? Square aren't that reliable on PC.
It's an inevitability. Remember prior to E3 2013 when people swore KH3 wouldn't come to Xbox and it did? Times are changing. Projects are expensive. There's no reason for Square-Enix not to especially with their flagship title of this gen making its way to PC as the Definitive Edition of the game. KH3 and Dragon Quest XI being built on UE4 makes working with multiple platforms a lot easier too.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
The Darkness. The first one, made by Starbreeze.

I won't forget the game, even if time will because it never got a PC port.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
It's an inevitability. Remember when people swore KH3 wouldn't come to Xbox and it did? Times are changing. Projects are expensive. There's no reason for them not to especially with their flagship title of this gen making its way to PC as the Definitive Edition of the game.
Oh, I wondered if you had some actual insider news or something.

I do wonder why it hasn't appeared - as an Unreal Engine 4 title it can't be hard to port, and heck they could even put it on EGS and make, what, 93% of the revenue?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Oh, I wondered if you had some actual insider news or something.

I do wonder why it hasn't appeared - as an Unreal Engine 4 title it can't be hard to port, and heck they could even put it on EGS and make, what, 93% of the revenue?
A lot of us thought the PC version would show up as an EGS exclusive at Epic's GDC 2019 presentation as Tai Yasue was there and they spent a good 6 minutes talking about how working with UE4 helped them immensely during development. This was the same conference where CONTROL and The Outer Worlds were announced as EGS exclusives btw.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
I wouldn't argue something like The Last of Us because there is no precedent for Naughty Dog games on PC but considering every FROM Souls game except for Bloodborne and Demon Souls is on PC, it feels like a big miss.

because there are 1st party games contracted to be developed by FROM....

By this argument, you could say since almost all recent Bamco games are on PC so why is Smash Bros Ultimate not on PC as well.

Pace

Dec 15, 2018
I'd wish the first nier game was on PC, also for some reason I remember wanting the last SSX game on PC but I've mostly forgotten about it now.

ascagnel

Mar 29, 2018
It's first-party, but Halo 5. MCC will have Halo 1-4 + Reach + ODST, but the full Halo 5 won't be getting a PC version.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
I don't hold out much hope for anything by Atlus after watching that video by Archipel on YouTube. It had the Persona 5 director (I think) and he seemed almost resentful that they 'had' to release in the West - I almost get the impression they'd rather release on one platform only in Japan. Commercial realities dictate a worldwide release.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Honestly, the list is too long to post, even counting emulation.

Rolodzeo

Nov 10, 2017
Spain, EU
umIZeILl.jpg

Eppcetera

Mar 3, 2018
Too many to count, if we disregard console emulation. I own plenty of SNES, N64, Gamecube, PS1, PS2, PS3, etc. games that aren't available on PC through legitimate means.

I don't hold out much hope for anything by Atlus after watching that video by Archipel on YouTube. It had the Persona 5 director (I think) and he seemed almost resentful that they 'had' to release in the West - I almost get the impression they'd rather release on one platform only in Japan. Commercial realities dictate a worldwide release.

Ha, I think many Japanese developers would be happy to release their games exclusively in Japan, if only they didn't need those stupid fat stacks of money brought in via localization in other regions.

Deleted member 16452

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I suggest you read up this relevant section of our thread creation guidelines:

Do Not Create: List Threads

A list thread is a thread that encourages replies that largely or completely take the form of lists. For example: Asking members to rank their favorite characters in media. These threads tend not to generate much, if any, actual discussion or member interaction. Voting threads (threads that solicit ballot-style replies) will usually fall under this category as well, unless a lot of effort is put into them. If you wish to create a voting thread, please contact an Administrator to seek approval beforehand.

Thank you and have nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.