Which anime glasses frames should I buy? The Poll

• Toho Megane: Alice Model

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • GranBlue Fantasy: Lancelot Model

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other: post yer meme/gif/animpic/link

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • why did u only create a poll now after all these replies?? listen computer is hard

Votes: 12 17.9%

• Total voters

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
My glasses and lenses are kind of broken/cracking/scratched (all of the above!) and I want new and I want semi-rimmed frames that are bottom-rimmed (I get annoyed staring at the rim when my glasses slip down--also they cover my brows and as can be seen in my avatar, showing brows is cool!).. apparently the type of frames I want only come in Anime Flavour so...

9c2f6f66bee64b3fbfe9506263d473d6.jpg

8da05e87355d46f98938c51613fba756.jpg

Any other suggestions? It is so hard to find some good lookin' cool frames!

This me for face shape reference.. in my spare but wrong perscription and uncomfortable frames. They are a tad too narrow? I have a kind of wide face so I try to find wide frames. I went back to wearing my broken ones because they are more comfortable, but it has a scratch almost in the middle of my fov, giving me a perpetual irritating blur to stare at.

Also as u can c, i yam east asian (mostly viet--i'm a quarter han chinese!) so it is totally a-ok that i be in weeb stuff, right? lol

EG3akIyW4AA985o

Last edited:

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
First impression was the first pair as the prefered. Then I looked again and changed my mind to the second pair

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
The top one are not as obviously anime, so I'd go for those. You never know when you find yourself in a situation when you need to be taken seriously, and sad as it may be, anime glasses is probably not optimal in that moment.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I don't know what these glasses are supposed to be from, or how they look in their anime form, but that second pair is pretty flashy.
Do that one.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Depends on whether you prefer subdued or flashy.

Both pairs are well within the realm of reason.

If you're going for a "cool" frame, go with the second. All glasses end up blending in more than you expect them to.

Notaskwid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
If you regularly use a ton o jewelry ike in your picture, I think the second ones might look pretty good, but really, they both look though. Though Id be wary of buying glasses without trying them on my face before.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Do you know which of the metal tones might look better with your skin tone? Do you have any jewelry that is similar to them you could hold up and see which looks better? With glasses, one of my biggest regrets is usually that the color I chose looks bad and washes me out or just doesn't suit me. Otherwise they're both similar enough that it's more whether you'd want the extra fanciness on the sides of the second pair.

OP
OP
Prax

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
If you regularly use a ton o jewelry ike in your picture, I think the second ones might look pretty good, but really, they both look though. Though Id be wary of buying glasses without trying them on my face before.
The earrings always. Too lazy to remove!
The necklace isn't real gold so I am actually a bit allergic to it, so that one's rare, but I usually have a simple gold chain and pendant on.

I dunno what coolframes.com is but yes some are. That's not really that much in the glasses world though 🤔
Yeah, my Prada brand frames that are on its last legs (got them filled with new lenses twice) were around $400. I swore I'd never spend as much again! especially since I was late sending the insurance info in so I never got reimbursed for any of it lol.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, my Prada brand frames that are on its last legs (got them filled with new lenses twice) were around $400. I swore I'd never spend as much again! especially since I was late sending the insurance info in so I never got reimbursed for any of it lol.
Do it!! Well no need but I don't mind spending a lot for something that's on my face always.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Also if you're looking at getting frames online, zennioptical.com and bonlook.com are both really affordable (zenni moreso) that I've personally used and can vouch for. I haven't checked to see if they have the bottom rim half rimmed styles, though.

OP
OP
Prax

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Also I am in Canada and I don't k now how that will affect import fees/customs or if those US companies will ship to Canada lol.

I have searched online for semi-rimmed on the bottom glasses but they are so rare except for anime/videogame/manga inspired ones (for the same reason I list--they wanna show off character eyebrows/lashes in the artwork lol).

OP
OP
Prax

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
Do you know which of the metal tones might look better with your skin tone? Do you have any jewelry that is similar to them you could hold up and see which looks better? With glasses, one of my biggest regrets is usually that the color I chose looks bad and washes me out or just doesn't suit me. Otherwise they're both similar enough that it's more whether you'd want the extra fanciness on the sides of the second pair.
I think I'm a lot like the pic. I have pretty orange skin (asian yellow tones + rosacea redness = orange??)
So I think saturated yellow 18k gold would make me even more orange, while silver probably doesn't look right on me. I usually therefore choose 10k gold. Rosegold hit or miss, if it's too pink it makes me overall look more red, more brown bronze "rosegold" is ok.

I think the bronze of the first pair should look ok on me, but not sure about it being lower rims since it's on the cheek area, so it might just meld weirdly? Not sure though!

That's my thought process anyway! haha

Can't you just flip your current pair upside down?
lol

Even if that were possible just by bending the arms and nosepads, the lenses wouldn't be in the right positions!
Plus they are uncomfortable enough already! Throw in trash!

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
Prefer the first pair front on but damn I hate those arms. I actually like the side shot of the 2nd pair even if front on I didn't as much so that gets my vote.

Oct 27, 2017
Plain bottom-rimmed frames are nigh-impossible to find where I am, so I can kinda symphatize with you, OP. I've been using my pair for like a decade.

OP
OP
Prax

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
attanetrion everybody, i have made a poll!!!

Plain bottom-rimmed frames are nigh-impossible to find where I am, so I can kinda symphatize with you, OP. I've been using my pair for like a decade.
Woah! They actually exist outside of nerd culture?
How are they? You will love them forever?

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The first pair has a smaller bridge, 16mm compared to 18mm for the second frame. Eyesize is 53mm for both, so purely from a size perspective I'd go with the Granblue pair.

Good4Squat

Nov 2, 2017
Probably the first pair as they stand out less. But the bottom pair are nice looking as well, just a bit too flashy for everyday use maybe.

Oct 27, 2017
attanetrion everybody, i have made a poll!!!

Woah! They actually exist outside of nerd culture?
How are they? You will love them forever?

Here's my pair:
20191017_104428i7kaw.jpg

Got them like 10 years and I've never been able to find similar ones since. And I had to really go out of my way to search around for these too. I absolutely love them and I'd consider them a part of my face.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
There's no bottom-frame glasses that don't have these ridiculous anime-ass sides? It's like the Dragonball Z button up shirt of the glasses world.

Even googling the term, thousands of suggestions pop up from various brands, so I don't believe these animu units are the only options here.

OP
OP
Prax

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
There's no bottom-frame glasses that don't have these ridiculous anime-ass sides? It's like the Dragonball Z button up shirt of the glasses world.

Even googling the term, thousands of suggestions pop up from various brands, so I don't believe these animu units are the only options here.
show me these thousands. i don't believe you!!

OP
OP
Prax

Prax

Oct 25, 2017
I considered these but they have weird ridges along the bottom lol. Along with the colour scheme, giving it a spiderman-vibe I guess. not really a fan.

Also I am not goth n' perky enough to pull off Bayo frames, I don't think.

-O-O-
I had more oval shaped ones and also larger round ones long ago in highschool. Not flattering at all lol.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Glasses are 1 of those things you absolutely have to try and see yourself wearing it in front of a mirror
Which is why if I visit Japan I'm absolutely going to find an anime glasses shop and check them out myself :P

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
why cant i be anime

i could rule the planet if only

if only i was the sugoi