Super Mario Sunshine
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario 3D World
Super Mario Odyssey

which game do you want a sequel of the most and what is your reasoning for that

xoxo Niko Amii

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
Sunshine because it has the most memorable setting and the beach world in Odyssey proved a proper sequel would be amazing.

RGamer2009

Oct 28, 2017
A poll would be neat for this topic.

Anyways my answer is for a new Galaxy. I loved those games so much I 200%ed both games! Surely they can find more ideas for crazy worlds and powerups we have never seen before.

FreeMufasa

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Sunshine. It can be a direct sexual to sunshine or on that brings in a new theme and builds the game around it. E.g give Mario a sword or some shit

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be the one that says Sunshine here.

Galaxy already has a sequel and 3D world is a sequel kind of.

Odyssey will most likely have a sequel as well, but I wish they made another Sunshine if only to see how creative they're able to get with the concept so many years later. They might be able to fix some of the mistakes of the first game and find new and better ways to use the FLUDD, maybe mix it's use with other powerups.

KRBM

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
1. Galaxy for the epic soundtrack, the vastness of the levels and the focus on a singular end point per mission.

2. Sunshine for the semi-realism in art style.

3. 3D world for the multiplayer and variety in gameplay.

Last edited:

DubleDuce

Jan 15, 2018
I loved Odyssey, but I do wish they'd scale down the collectibles a bit so you're not tripping over moons.

Make a sequel where you have a little more of the 64/Sunshine mission structure while keeping Odyssey's very beefy worlds full of secrets and fun easter eggs and you got a perfect Mario game in my book.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lmao.

Also 3D World. It's the GOAT Mario for so many reasons, and I'm convinced anyone who disagrees simply hasn't played it lmao. It's just the PERFECT Mario game, if we're talking a "core Mario game" (levels, platforming challenges, power-ups, etc.).

Odyssey might be fine, but after 3D World it was just kind of disappointing. It was almost like they didn't spend nearly the same amount of time crafting the level design. It also lacked the creativity that 3D World did. 3D World had everything and it was just beautiful to look at. Odyssey's art design and some of the worlds were just....whaaa

alphacat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The only 3D Mario that's worse than 3D World is SMS. Please keep 2D Mario gameplay in 2D Mario.

I also enjoyed SMG1 more than 2.

Molemitts

Oct 25, 2017
Sunshine is probably the weakest 3D Mario, but a direct sequel with a formula perhaps resembling Odyssey more could be pretty interesting.

OP
OP
Nikachu

Nikachu

Jan 14, 2018
I vote Galaxy overall, BUT, because of the moment in time we are in, I think Nintendo has a fantastic direction they are going in with Super Mario Odyssey so I really would want Odyssey 2 as well

Elhav

Dec 19, 2017
Sunshine, and somewhat Odessey.

Sunshine was so unique and original, and I'd like Nintendo to expand on it and remove the tedious bits.

Odessey 2 can use all the power ups in more interesting ways, and add more.

At this point though I'd welcome any sequal. I just want more 3d Mario

KRBM

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Odyssey was a fine game but why it'd be the top choice for a sequel for anyone is beyond me.

XJcZfv7.png

"Hey man, uh.... spare some of them moons?"

XboYrkd.png

Oct 30, 2017
If you told.me.2 years ago I would have said 64

But now I have to say Odyssey. Odyssey is basiclbas 64 but with more gameplay posibilities with the capture mechanic.

Momo

Oct 25, 2017
Super Mario Sunshine obvs. I mean...this map alone shows me that there are more places to discover! God damn it, take me to the crab and turtle-shaped islands, Nintendo! I've been wanting to go these places for years. T_T

Flight_to_Delfino_Island.png

Truner

Oct 27, 2017
Hungary
For the first time in 20 years, it felt like I got a true sequel to Super Mario 64 with Odyssey. So with that wish answered, I want a sequel to Odyssey. Give me another thousand moons to get in some new areas and I'll be happy.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
3D World is the best pure 3D Mario game. The courses are generally great and varied and the several different playable characters, including Princess Peach, make for several approaches or playstyles being possible. Oddysey is... nice. But it's more a Banjo-Kazooie/3D Sonic game with a Mario coat of paint. No powerups, no courses. It just doesn't feel like a Mario game to me.

So yeah, I want a 3D World 2. With Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Rosalina, and Toad as the playable characters in up to four player multiplayer. Because co-op 3D Mario is hilarious.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
Mario 64.

Odyssey was really fun, but it was not a successor to 64 as I was hoping it'd be.

alphacat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Odyssey was a fine game but why it'd be the top choice for a sequel for anyone is beyond me.

XJcZfv7.png

"Hey man, uh.... spare some of them moons?"

XboYrkd.png

cos it's arguably the best 3D mario (as judged by the majority of fans and critics) and still has room for improvement?

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Before last year I would've said Galaxy 3. But now, the obvious answer is Odyssey 2.

Being that Super Mario Odyssey is the indisputable greatest game of all time, of course :)