• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
I'll be there day one on switch. Do we know if it's releasing on switch the same day as pc?

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
I'd kill for a new trailer and an announcement of the release date. Give us something Team Cherry!

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They are working out the bugs
ZAQleJY.png

Cookie Dough

Oct 29, 2017
Nah it is not "worth pointing out". Entitled gamers need to learn to shut up and wait for their video games/next gen consoles.

You're on a video game forum where people discuss various aspects of video games and their creation. Hate to break it to you. Framing this as 'gamer entitlement' is ridiculous. The OP posed an innocuous question and some reasons and context was given. You are seeing something that isn't there.

Last edited:

iAnAS0

Oct 27, 2017
I really wish they don't underprice this game also.
Make me give you more money damm it.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I've been wondering myself. However, I just learned today from many of my coworkers who used to do QA/Game Testing that it can be a very long, draining, drawn out process. No idea how much more arduous that process has become when everyone's remote.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I don't think it was ever 2020 was it?
They never announced a date.
A release date was never announced
It was announced last February and people told everyone it wouldn't come as soon as you might think. So idk why you assumed it would come out this year.
They didn't announce a date. That said, I don't think the pandemic has affected their development cycle, the devs on Twitter seem to be in good spirits.
They never said it was coming out in 2020.
Didn't they say it's a long way off, like 2021 or more?
They said it was 'coming soon' in one of the trailers over a year ago.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Worst thing is that's just for Switch consoles, who knows when the PS4 version will be out.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
I see. I knew it wasn't in a trailer since there is only one and it definitely doesn't say it there.

Yup, TC never said anything about the release timing yet.

The "coming soon" thing is from here (36m13s if timestamp doesn't work):
www.youtube.com

Nintendo Direct for E3 2019

Check out Nintendo Direct for E3 2019. Presentation includes details on the incredible line-up of new and upcoming games for the Nintendo Switch system. Rati...

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
Yup, TC never said anything about the release timing yet.

The "coming soon" thing is from here (36m13s if timestamp doesn't work):
www.youtube.com

Nintendo Direct for E3 2019

Check out Nintendo Direct for E3 2019. Presentation includes details on the incredible line-up of new and upcoming games for the Nintendo Switch system. Rati...

Yeah I'm sure that's just Nintendo's way of saying "TBD".

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it was ever 2020. Game was always 2021 at the earliest, wouldn't be surprised if it slipped to 2022 honestly. Whenever it's ready.

Oct 26, 2017
When will gamers ever understand that the pandemic threw a wrench in a lot of developers' plans.

The entitlement is fucking ridiculous.

Vuapol

Oct 25, 2017
My go to response whenever Silksong is brought up is this:

Team Cherry is literally three people.

It'll be done when it's done.

Just tuck Silksong away into the back of your mind until the glorious day arises.

napk1ns

Nov 29, 2017
Those guys should have all the time they need. Game is going to be incredible when it's finished.

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
Damn, this is one of my most anticipated games. They even had the press over to play it over a year ago (this is a video from a spanish gaming magazine):

I mean, if you let the media play the game for 30 minutes, it is safe to guess that the game is almost done. This was 14 months ago...

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
My go to response whenever Silksong is brought up is this:

Team Cherry is literally three people.

It'll be done when it's done.

Just tuck Silksong away into the back of your mind until the glorious day arises.
Yup. If it takes until 2023, its still all good. There's nothing to question. Creating anything is really hard and usually takes much longer than you hope!

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
Silksong's very existence is a case of scope creep, and I'd be surprised if they haven't just kept adding to the design doc as they go. Hollow Knight did well enough that they can take all the time in the world now.