• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Why is there a pool of alcohol?

Also you could get away with that in an 80s cartoon but not today.
It's an episode of Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends. A bunch of superheroes are lured to an island where a villain tries to get rid of them one by one. It's quite hilarious and very quotable.

I am pretty sure he is talking about the chloirine water being like poison to him, not the pool actually being filled with alcohol you guys.
Nope, it's all alcohol. It was a trap set for him.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm calling it. He's going to be in Black Panther 2.
Back-Panther-Movie-Easter-Egg-Comic-Quote.jpg

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
So from what I gather, Namor's been hero and villain

He's a colossal asshole. When he hopefully gets introduced into the MCU, he should be contractually obligated to have a shit eating grin at all times

Someone posted keanu, but he's too lovable to have him in.

Namor as the antagonist of black panther 2 is my dream.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yes I can see that trap working perfectly, alcohol does look like water after all.

If only one of your other senses could detect that you were about to jump into a huge open vat of warm alcohol.

Oct 27, 2017
Comic friends, I need this one thing answered once and for all: have Namor and Sue Richards smashed or not?

Ok... this, too... did Namor and Emma Frost smash while they were both X-Men?
I remember reading a comic where they smashed and even had kids then later she went on to marry Reed.

Not sure if canon.
There are some annoying episodes, Peter is not in Parker luck mode but for its time it was ok. The episodes where other marvel hero's show up are amazing. I mean where else can you see an Australian Wolverine job to Juggernaut.
Thanks for replying.

Sounds good. Will have to find it and watch it then.

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
He's a colossal asshole. When he hopefully gets introduced into the MCU, he should be contractually obligated to have a shit eating grin at all times

Someone posted keanu, but he's too lovable to have him in.

Namor as the antagonist of black panther 2 is my dream.

Brian Tee was campaigning for the role a while back, and he's definitely got the smug look. Has the eyebrows, too.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
The best Namor panel involves Black Panther's foot and I doubt we'll be seeing that one adapted to the big screen any time soon.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If we're lucky, the MCU will have a Namor that's incredibly fuckable, incredibly bi, and incredibly obnoxious 24/7. No one should be able to dodge his shit-talking.

jUh26Y6.jpg

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Those old comics and cartoons always had traps specially tailored to the heroes's weaknesses. I wouldn't be surprised if that was made to look like a pool just to lure Namor into it.

That's exactly what was going on in this episode, Chameleon set up a bunch of traps to subdue specific heroes, a pool of alcohol to subdue Namor (who was depicted as needing to stay wet in order to keep up his power), an freezer and a oven to subdue Firestar and Iceman respectively (IIRC, they were setup next to each other, so that one using their power to try to escape hurt the other), etc.