• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fudgepuppy

Oct 27, 2017
When I heard that people are saying "pspspsp", I felt so confused.

This post was made by the "ksksksks" gang.

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I once KSKSKSKSKSKSKSed loudly to a passing, indifferent cat on campus. It didn't catch the cat's attention, but it caught everyone else's. There was also another cat on that very campus who seemed more interested in me. First time I ever had a cat come running to me. I didn't want to leave, but I had places to be and people to see.

Xiao Hu

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Slavic background here: we go ksksksksk
Chinese go mimimimi/miaomiaomiao

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
In my head, pspspspsps was like a corruption/contraction of "Here puss puss puss". I don't really know what ksksksksks is.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Neither, I usually say like "aww come here little baby" even though I'm not the hugest cat person lmao. But when you want to pet a cute animal you gotta lose all your dignity

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
i don't know how to write out the sound i make, it's more of a tsst tsst tsst tsst tsst

it's also a universal sound, it ALWAYS works on dogs too

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
More of a kissing noise?

I guess that qualifies as ksksksksksks
Followed by 'pussy puss puss darling precious puss puss'.

This will only happen if I am familiar with the cat. I do not lose my mind over random cats in the street etc.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Wow. This thread's full of a bunch of fucking weirdos. I, like normal people, make loud hooting sounds and flap my arms when I see a cat.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Can someone explain what these noises are actually supposed to sound like?
People don't really go "ksks" or "psps" when talking to cats, right?