• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ultron

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm certainly inconsistent at it now, I wear them at the store and will continue to do so on planes and that kind of thing, but I've also started going to restaurants and big social gatherings, and I'm not wearing it there since I'm gonna be eating and drinking. My thought is, protect myself at places where I can keep the mask on at all times, but at places where I've decided to take the risk and want to eat or drink go for it?

Senjuro

Oct 10, 2019
Not until there's effective treatments to all of COVID's long term effects. I'm not worried about it killing me, I'm worried about never tasting food again.

Mar 3, 2018
I'm immune compromised and a teacher. So probably never unless I'm at home or out on a walk/hike. Actually don't mind them at all.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't worn one since our mandate went away about two months ago. I'll wear one when I have flights this summer but that's probably the only time I would expect to wear one when not required to do so.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Already have outside of healthcare facilities, on the request of someone vulnerable and on the pair of flights I took. I wore one for work for the best of two years whilst wearing glasses and having undiagnosed asthma for a lot of that time, I would get an exemption if any mandates come through again because shit wasn't fun at all. I'll get my yearly jab/and continue to do lateral flow tests (I still get free tests due to the asthma) and stay home as much as possible when I have covid symptoms (even If it's likely just a cold) but I'm not wearing one unprompted ever again hopefully.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I take an immunosuppressant and am pretty unhealthy, so COVID would likely be pretty devastating even being boosted. I will wear it around others for the foreseeable future.

Leafshield

Nov 22, 2019
I always wear one on public transport and in crowded places. It's just become part of my daily pile of stuff in my pockets along with my wallet, keys and phone, no big deal. If it gets to the point where it seems completely unnecessary then fine, but I'm not going to stop using one anytime soon, and I'll probably still have one on me out of habit for a long time after that.

Neutra

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
i stopped when we returned to the office in march and mask use was made optional. being in the office, at the lunch spots, at the stores i frequent, etc. and seeing the vast majority of people unmasked made me realize it was time.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
Its sooo weird, to me, how everyone is trying to just go back to life in the beforetimes as if nothing happened. The masks are one thing, but I full on see people shaking hands and blowing out candles on shared birthday cakes. I will literally never eat a piece of cake that has been blown on again, it was madness before and its extra madness now.

Bossanova

Banned
Jan 21, 2018
I just realized this morning that I missed a patch while shaving, so I'll be wearing it today.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
When my kid can get vaccinated and vaccines are available for all age groups.

But I'm still going to wear mine indoors at crowded places, and especially on any kind of public transportation. During flu season, I'll wear it everywhere. I've enjoyed not being sick for the past 2 years.

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm wearing it until I get an all-clear from someone other than my fuckface Conversative premier.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
I've mostly already stopped, along with what seems to be the vast majority of people in England.

I'll wear one on public transport or in other especially enclosed, overcrowded spaces indefinitely, because I like not getting ill or increasing my chances of making others ill. But to go to a restaurant, supermarket, or other places I've already stopped instinctively reaching for the mask I normally have in my back pocket.

In my case this feels like a pragmatic choice. I've had three vaccines, I've had COVID at least twice; the risk to me is minimal. In terms of my ability to infect others: I don't go out very often, and I certainly don't leave the house if I'm feeling ill.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if covid is ever going away, but maybe in the summer I'll feel better about not wearing one indoors. Flu season seems like a no brainer to wear one forever now.

Senator Rains

Oct 27, 2017
I stopped as soon as my government said to stop. I still carry one with me for that one stingy place that still asks you to wear one indoors, but otherwise I don't bother. It's genuinely refreshing to see people's faces again.

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Already did. Had to wear one at the hospital last week, but i'm glad i don't have to wear them anymore

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
When my immunocompromised roommate's physician says it's safe to do so. Based on our very recent spike in cases here in Michigan.... I don't see that happening any time soon.

Johnny956

Oct 25, 2017
I still keep one in my car for random places that might require it like my doctors office but its been since beginning of March since I've worn one consistently. I'll wear it required of course but no going out of my way anymore unless cases start to pick up again

Rotkehle

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Hamm, Germany
Many here are wearing them in stores here in Germany. I'm one of them. I do it still in respect to the older folks around me. Probably will end it in may/ June to give everyone a chance to their shot.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
During Summer I hated masks. During winter cold and flu season? Probably never. I haven't been sick in years. It's been glorious. F getting even a minor common cold if I don't have to.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Only when required and that seemed to have stopped recently in hospitals.. or at least my local vet.

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
At least until next year based on current Covid spread. Metro Detroit has always been a hot spot for Covid.

I do plan on getting out more- just with a mask.

tangeu

Oct 27, 2017
Never, based solely on the fact that I haven't even gotten the sniffles in two years. There is no downside.

thesoapster

Oct 25, 2017
MD, USA
I already did. If I'm going somewhere risky and I can't avoid crowds/indoors etc., I'll wear a KF94. And when eligible I'll get a second booster.

Bengraven