• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Manufactured Date

• June 2020

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • July 2020

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • August 2020

Votes: 62 35.8%
  • September 2020

Votes: 49 28.3%
  • November 2020

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • October 2020

Votes: 17 9.8%
  • May 2020

Votes: 13 7.5%

• Total voters

SUBZERO-08

Oct 25, 2017
August 2020, Best Buy Canada. No coil whine that I've heard yet (only tested with Ghost of Tsushima so far).

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
August from PS Direct. No coil wine, and fan is very quiet. If I press my ear up to the console, I can hear it but I sit on my couch almost 10 feet away.

I can hear the disc drive though, which I expected to be much quieter than it is, but it's rare that it's spinning anyways. I'm pleased.

Mahomies

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
August from PS Direct. No coil wine, and fan is very quiet. If I press my ear up to the console, I can hear it but I sit on my couch almost 10 feet away.

I can hear the disc drive though, which I expected to be much quieter than it is, but it's rare that it's spinning anyways. I'm pleased.
This disc drive is atrocious. But yeah other than that it's quiet.

SUBZERO-08

Oct 25, 2017

Same manufacturing date and this is exactly how I'd describe mine. Silent except for when the disc is spinning. If I put my ear right up to the console (3-4 inches) I can hear a quiet buzzing but that's it.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
September 2020. Got from Walmart.

Zero noise, no issues with starting up from sleep mode, no issues with my external drive, no crashes or rebuilt databases yet. So far so good!

yumms

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
July, from PS Direct....came broken. Green screen of death.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
So my white text and black text don't say it, found the LASER 1 thing on the opposite side, no date there either
If it matters, it's a UK console

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
October 2020 from amazon

makes sense since they were like very late to get their system or at least update us.

SDR-UK

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah no i double checked too and it's not there. that's just the random network name for it.

Wtf! Lol.( is the text continuous? Or is there a blank place)

Text is continuous.
First line is Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
Second line is Sony headquarters address.
Third line is Model Number, Voltage & Amp rating, Hz Rating and Made in China. All as a continuous string.

And it is a UK console.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
Text is continuous.
First line is Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
Second line is Sony headquarters address.
Third line is Model Number, Voltage & Amp rating, Hz Rating and Made in China. All as a continuous string.

And it is a UK console.
look a bit to the left. the bigger white text block.

Geode

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Time to create a new poll option: No date listed.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Made in August, ordered from Walmart. It's very quiet, no coil whine. It was also made in Japan.

Last edited:

Mohsenix

Mar 31, 2018
Hmm. is there continuous text or a blank space?And yours a disc? Anyway to take a pic.
This is what mine looks like:

I'm missing two lines lol. Digital edition.

70G4VNL.jpg

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Portugal unit here:

IMG-20201125-005753.jpg

Jesus. So different from all of you. Maybe this is why i don't have any noise at all? lmao

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I wish I could know but the AUS version has shit all infomation on it. Literally just copywrite shit, model number and operational rating. The white text is just a single line.