• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
Oh my god, what was it called? It was a PS2/Xbox/GC era action game called... Dead Rush I think? It was a open-ish zombie game with an emphasis on driving. I thought it looked pretty promising at the time.

After that, the eventually cancelled Xbox 360 version of Witcher 1 (I think it was just called Witcher: The White Wolf or something) and the PS2 version of Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare.

Kaydigi

Apr 25, 2019
Spike Out for the Dreamcast. I don't know if it was ever official announced but I remember Next Generation heavily implying it.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Robotech 64, Castlevania on the Dreamcast and after those, Propeller Arena. It was done and only cancelled because you could fly into buildings and 9/11 happened.

Lethologica

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't say it piss me off but True Fantasy Live Online annoyed me for like a week. That game looked and sounded amazing.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Versus XIII, which I got over after the '15 trailer turning it into FFXV, then I played it and was pissed about Versus XIII again.

Kaworu

Oct 28, 2017
To mention a different Sega Saturn game that was heavily hyped in magazines at the time: Ninja: Shadow of Darkness.

New002

Oct 25, 2017
Off the top of my head, Scalebound. I wasn't "pissed off" exactly but I was really disappointed and salty about it for a while lol. Yes, I was one of the handful that was legitimately looking forward to it.

Oct 27, 2017
There's one that never pissed me off, but rather intrigued me because so little was known about it. Back in the mid-2000s it was revealed that Climax were working on a car combat game based on Metallica (!), which eventually got cancelled. I think it took like a decade before anyone managed to find videos of this unfinished project.

oasis007

Oct 27, 2017
I can't remember the first (probably something NES-related), but the Xbox Live version of Goldeneye remastered being cancelled hurt.

Rbrogue

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Starcraft Ghost was my first but Megaman Legends 3 is the only one I'm still annoyed about.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
I guess scalebound? like I wasn't bummed when it was cancelled but then microsoft kept crackdown 3 (and halo infinite) going for a century and released that piece of crap so why not scalebound?

trashbandit

Dec 19, 2019
I was salty as hell when Project Copernicus got canceled, especially after its (probably) announcement trailer leaked. It probably would've ended up being a pretty generic themepark mmo, but I was really into the world they were building.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
Starcraft Ghost's cancellation was a real disappointment. I wanted to play that game soooooo bad.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Robotech-crystal-dreams-game-box.jpg

I wanted it so bad back then :(

Yep, this is mine. Remember reading about it in GamePro and Nintendo Power and thinking it sounded amazing.

Murlin

Feb 12, 2019
First one I can remember being totally bummed about is Mega Man Mania for GBA. The rumor is that they lost the source code for one or more of the games it was meant to be a port of, but who really knows.

MMMania_box.jpg

RowdyReverb

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Starcraft Ghost

hqdefault.jpg

I remember when there was a huge preview for Starcraft Ghost in the German edition of GamePro (still going btw). It looked good and sounded promising... and then there was nothing.
Starcraft Ghost was my first but Megaman Legends 3 is the only one I'm still annoyed about.
Starcraft Ghost's cancellation was a real disappointment. I wanted to play that game soooooo bad.
Ghost for me too. I was in peak Starcraft fever at the time and I had a shiny new Xbox. I was so intrigued by the idea of seeing all the units close up and adored the mystique of the Ghosts. I was so disappointed

sweetie

Alt account
Banned
May 19, 2020
Wasn't officially revealed or announced iirc, but Chrono Break was the first game to come to mind. ☹️

PspLikeANut

Free
May 20, 2018
I'm not sure if this counts because the game wasn't technically canceled but..... Final Fantasy 13 Versus. I was devastated when this game turned into FF 15 and it looked or felt nothing like what FF 13 versus promised. No Stella, but most importantly they abandoned that Kingdom hearts style of gameplay that they were going for.
Final-Fantasy-Versus-XIII-4.jpg

OP
OP
ScOULaris

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
First one I can remember being totally bummed about is Mega Man Mania for GBA. The rumor is that they lost the source code for one or more of the games it was meant to be a port of, but who really knows.

MMMania_box.jpg
Huh? If they didn't have the source code for some of the games they needed to port for this wouldn't it never have gotten off the ground to begin with?

Murlin

Feb 12, 2019
That's why I'm skeptical of that claim, it doesn't make much sense when you actually think about it. But no other explanation has ever been offered officially or otherwise, so that narrative just kinda stuck with people.

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
Donkey Kong Racing was a tough one for 13 year old me. Also, True Fantasy Live Online. I bought an Xbox for it and KOTOR (at least KOTOR was worth it).

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
I'm more salty than it makes sense to be about Scalebound. Realistically I knew nothing about the game, but goddamn it I liked the aesthetic.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
Most games get cancelled because they're not shaping up well. There's a few I was really looking forwards to: Pirates of the Caribbean Armada of the Damned and Lord of the Rings the White Council come to mind, but I can't say I was particularly pissed off.

The ones that grind my gears are when it's due to publisher oversight (like many of EA's cancellations) or buyouts (all the in-progress Star Wars games when Disney bought Star Wars).

mas8705

Oct 27, 2017
Stuck between EA being fools and canceling 1313 (and who know how many other Star Wars games before we finally got Fallen Order) and Scalebound.