Votes: 846 41.5%
  • Some

Votes: 296 14.5%
  • A lot

Votes: 895 43.9%

• Total voters

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I don't call it that myself, but it's a dumb name that deserves to be mocked. Series X that is. Did they really think no one would call it the SeX? Either they knew and wanted the extra free attention or they're really that stupid. Also I imagine older folks (25+) won't call it that, but younger folks probably do. ERA is probably the worst place to ask about these types of things anyway.

Necronomicon

Banned
Dec 11, 2017
So, Xbox SeX and Xbox SS (are there already some meme with Nazi?)

I think Microsoft should really try to find more appealing names. Also, I think it will only confuse casual consumer like the Wii / WiiU situation

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
It's makes as much sense as xbone, none. The difference is just the fanclub behind pushing for the term.
It should be xsx.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
It's awful, I assume it's been posted by someone called Chad or Trey.

Nothing wrong with SNES though. That's just done as an abbreviation, not to be funny.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Now I'm looking back on this thread it seems some people are using it for console wars and/or to purposely annoy others. So it sees it isn't just a childish thing and it's Akin to using 'M$' or '$ony'.

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Never heard someone calling it seriously SeX and I didn't even know what this thread was about before reading the OP. I remember some threads on how to abbreviate a few months ago and some mocked the name by suggesting SeX. But outside of that? It's really not a thing, I think.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I always said SNES as in the monster of Loch Ness or the start first part of Nescafe.

The NES we just called "the nintendo"

And with XBOX it's just always The Xbox because nobody needs to know what iteration you're playing it on when you tell someone you're playing a game on the xbox.

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
"Do you wanna have SeX?"

"God, no!"

BTW. You don't call the Super Nintendo Snes, you call the Super Nintendo Entertainment System Snes and that makes perfect sense.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Easy to say and type. Sex just Rolls off the tongue like x-bone. Xsx and xss both sound like xxx so it seems appropriate.

Whatevas it's not that big of a deal...the ones who get super upset and over protective of Xbox over it are just as cringe 🤷🏻‍♂️

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK
We have a used game shop on the UK called CEX (complete entertainment eXchange)
But the company themselves call them SEX.

Every normal person I know calls it CEE EE EX.

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
When someone calls it the Sexbox you know exactly what kind of person you're dealing with

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Better than Xbox SeS.

Anyway it's not that serious. I don't get how people can be triggered by this.
Fwiw "triggered" is different from just cringing at something, doesn't really have to be serious lol. Like, I cringed at a few jokes in the office when they didn't land. It's just a response.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Blame the people who gave it that goddawful name in the first place. Feels like it was almost intentional.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine them saying it like Grampa Simpson.

"Why would anyone buy an Xbox Seeeeeeeex"

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
EPfxC7pUwAEAHVw.jpg