Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
I'm replaying through OG FF7 right now, and usually for all the times I play and replay that game, I tend to use Cloud, Red13, Vincent and Cid.

This time around I wanna mix it up. So Cloud and Tifa are in. But I can't decide between Yuffie or Cait Sith.

Any suggestions between those two?

GlacialTruffle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yuffie
Throw her in the back row since she's long ranged
Plus she has real limit breaks, one of which is multi-hit (and thus able to break 9999 damage)

Mikch85

May 12, 2018
Yuffie. FF7's only real differences between characters in combat are ultimate weapons and limit breaks. Yuffie's Conformer is arguably the best ultimate weapon in the game, and she has very good limit breaks (Bloodfest is great.)

Blackie

Oct 25, 2017
Wherever
I typically played with the characters that looked coolest, which for me was Cloud, Vincent and Cid. For FF7R I think I would prefer Cloud, Tifa and RedXII/Vincent for my endgame group.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I try and use everyone to try and balance out the amount of limit breaks I learn for each character, and it makes me feel more confident for a later boss that asks for you to use your whole party.

Oct 25, 2017
Cloud, Tifa, Red.

I really like Tifa and Red, so I'll use them even if they are clearly not the best characters. FF7 is not really a difficult time so it's not a big deal.

In case anyone is curious, the best team is clearly: Cloud, Barret, and then Yuffie or Cid.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
Man, this almost makes me want to go and find if I still have my PS1/PS2 to see the memory card save.

Probably Cloud/Yuffie/Red. I honestly, can't even remember.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Cloud, Cid and Yuffie.

Yuffie got healing great damage limit break.

Cid because he is the boss and also great rockets limit break.

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Soon as he was available, my party was Cloud, Tifa and Cid. Used Vincent til I got Cid, used Barrett till I got Vincent.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I suppose my most consistent one was Cid. On my first playthrough I had Cloud, Vincent, and Cid. On my second that I just recently went through I had Tifa and Barrett, but then I temporarily swapped Barrett for Cid to farm AP with his triple growth weapon and he kinda just stuck. I remember HATING Vincent and his garbage ultimate weapon.

Bora Horza

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Cloud, Barrett & Cait Sith (pronounced Kate Sith, Sith like in Star Wars, even though I am Scottish)

I got Cait Sith's instant death roulette on Jenova.SYNTHESIS once, it's the closest I have ever come to winning something substantial whilst gambling.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I actually finished it for the first time last week, after having a blast with remake.
While I tried to evenly level everyone, I still tend to use the OG party and finished the game with Cloud, Tifa and Barett.
I actually do this with almost every JRPG, I just get more attached to the early party members since the games tend to focus more on them.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Cloud, Red XIII and the third character alternated for me throughout various replays. ...Always wished we could have four characters in the party

I will say that on my first playthrough as a kid, I stuck with Barret and Tifa.

Seiez

Oct 29, 2017
Usually I use cloud, barret and cid. Cid has thr best limit breaks through all the level tiers.

This time around I will swap barret for yuffie and use aerith as long as possible.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Vincent and Yuffie were my usual Mainstays due to long range damage and various beneficial materia and limit break combinations. I used Cait Sith a lot as well because his limits are busted OP.

Darkmark1987

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 26, 2017
Cloud, Cid and yuffie, has always been my go to. In ff7r, I cannot imagine a party with tifa in it any more, so will most likely be cloud,tifa and yuffie

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
I used to always go Cloud, Yuffie and Vincent, however more recently I've tried using others, but like cait sith, aerith and cid I just can't get into using

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
My main squeeze team was always Cloud, Cid, and Vincent with Yuffie swapped in every once in a while. I tried to give a little love to everyone, though (especially Aerith).
I think the only one I just straight up avoided using was Cait Sith, although I admittedly was never super fond of Tifa and Barret either.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Cloud, Cid and Yuffie were my main team. I wanted to use Vincent but I never liked his limit breaks so I didn't really bother.

Mr. Genuine

Mar 23, 2018
I'm playing through it right now. I used Aerith as long as I could, and now I'm swapping out my two companions after every major story segment to make sure I'm using everyone fairly evenly.

Back in the day I have no idea, but there were definitely some I never used (probably Cid?). I think I made heavy use of Barret and Red XIII but it's been so long.

May 15, 2019
Cloud, Barret, Tifa. Cloud is the black mage, Barret is the white mage, and Tifa gets all the cool physical skills like cover, counter and 4x cut.

Big Boy

Oct 25, 2017
Cloud, Yuffie and one of Vincent or Cid usually are my end game team. I have used Barrett or Red on occasion to mix it up.

I never liked Tifa's limit break mechanic so always dropped her as soon as possible. The cat is always ignored.

I always play Aeris to max her limit breaks though.

Sprat

Oct 27, 2017
England
Cloud, Tifa, Aeris or Barrett when ones unavailable.

Never liked the other characters other than Cid but he came too late in the game to care.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
Cloud, Tifa, Vincent
They're my favourite. Before getting Vincent, though, it's a tie between Yuffie and Barret
Don't like Aerith

Jon God

Oct 28, 2017
First play through:
Barret, Cloud and Red XIII.

Second play through:
Cloud, Tifa and Barret.

Why is Tifa so awesome?