• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's your opinion on Jill's new design?

• Incredible

• Good

• It's okay

• Bad, I prefer the OG design

• Horrible

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ELbq7grU4AEq3le

ELbqH9qUcAAxJyS

ELbo_21UwAEsVi-

ELbroLBXUAAYqTU

In my opinion it looks absolutely incredible. You can see the resemblance to the OG game design but at the same time is updated to look a lot more realistic and on point. Props to Capcom.

What's your opinion about it?

Last edited:

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is great. She's just not anime anymore, and that crowd is always too noisy.

(Julia Voth looks great, don't get me wrong)

Edit : her new design makes me think of Elizabeth Moss, am i crazy ?

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
It's basically a copy of the current Lara Croft in terms of clothing, but I like it a lot overall.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Looks like Jill if she were a real person and not stylized. Costume is pretty cool too.

I never got the impression the original Jill was a specially trained military person, but this design has a slightly hardened look about her that definitely gives off that vibe.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
i thought she looked great on the leaked cover pic and that supposed leaked ingame screenshot we saw but looks pretty terrible in this trailer

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
She looks like an actual person this go around. All the RE-make designs have been great.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
Not a fan and I hope you can unlock her original outfit in this likely not

I think Claire in RE2 remake looked really good in comparison

Oct 27, 2017
She looks fine; Leon and Claire looked pretty different as well in RE2019.

I don't like Carlos' hair though. It looks so impractical!

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
It's okay. She looks more like Lara Croft than the actual current Lara.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of getting a Milla Jovovich vibe when I look at her. It's not a bad look, overall pretty decent.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
I'm neutral but I'm sure some weebs are gonna complain she's not sexy enough, etc or something...

addik

Oct 28, 2017
I love the new design!

My only gripe is that I've always imagined Remake-Raccoon City to be cold (since everyone was wearing a coat or a jacket in RE2 Remake), so I would have imagined a coat on Jill at least, but I think this was their way of not trying to steer away too far from the infamous tube top lol.

I really do like it.

For some reason she reminds of Milla Jovovich in some of the pics.

Oh no, I totally get that (and thank god I'm not alone on that lol)

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Mostly good, some angles not so. But she looks great in motion based on the brief gameplay shots so it's fine.

I kinda agree that her outfit is a bit 'generic' though - something Drake/Lara wears. It's the first default 'inoffensive' design one would jump to. Thought they'd put more into it, given Claire/Ada's default outfits.

Doesn't matter to me, I'm using the original outfit.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I like her a lot! She looks like a real woman now, instead of a doll. I'd make her a bit more muscular, but that's just me.

Geldboom

Oct 28, 2017
it's alright, I wish it had some extra design elements to it. To spice it up.
It's a little boring.
I miss the shirt-around the waste.

Looks better then her old design tho.

Oct 25, 2017
Clothes are fine, whatever, I like reboot Lara Croft, but I still can't get used to her face.

RE Engine turned Jill and Chris, my favorite RE protagonists, into "who are these people?". Leon still looks great and recognizeable.

My desire for them to find some bullshit reason to bring Wesker back is now gone because I don't want to imagine what he'd look like.