• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
Has to be the Dreamcast, seeing that logo reminds me of poring over import coverage of the games in magazines at the time. Disappointed when it turned out to be blue for Europe.

Mg.

Oct 25, 2017
Neo Geo > PS1 = Dreamcast > GameCube > NGPC = GBA = Mega CD = PS3 > everything else probably

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Choosing between the GameCube and PS2 boot screens is like picking my favorite child but I think The Cube juuussst edges out the PS Double.

adit

Oct 29, 2017
tonja
right after read thread tittle, immediately my mind just come up with PS1

tbh, i don't even remember much about another console opening even my current console (PS4/Switch)

i even ask myself, does switch even have boot screen ?

these days, we so get used to play from suspend mode

{Marvelous}

Jan 2, 2018
I think I have the most nostalgia for GBA, then original Xbox then PSP. Lots of great ones here though, genuinely.

SpScarecrow

Oct 27, 2017
Dreamcast followed by Gamecube then PS2. Dreamcast boot up noise reminds me of the days of hiding in my cousins basement playing MvC1 and Sonic Adventure.

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Me coming in to the thread: "Ah, that's an easy one"
Y'all reminding me of the GameCube, Dreamcast, GBA, and XBox bootups: "....ah."

I think the Dreamcast one brings the most warmth, the GameCube is the most fun, and the XBox is "highschool", for me. And the GBA bootup is something really special outside of everything.

SrirachaX

Apr 12, 2019
S:
PS1

A:
PS2
Dreamcast (both retail and dev kit variants)
PS3 (original)
GameCube (default)
Saturn (all variants)
Neo Geo
Xbox 360 (original and slim)

B:
PSP
DS
GBA

Honorable Mentions:
16-bit Konami jingles
16-bit/PS1-era Capcom jingles