Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Other (Bookworm, Heavy Weapon, etc)

Votes: 43 8.3%

• Total voters

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
As a series, Peggle. I love all those games.

But PvZ1 is possibly my most played game ever.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Plants vs Zombies.
It's still crazy to me than we never got a sequel on PC. Crazier is when you realize we got THREE PvZ multiplayer shooters on PC. No actual PvZ 2.(just mobile F2P game...)

There aren't even any good PvZ clones on PC!

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely enjoyed Peggle.
GbXytzg.gif
I can't believe they never released this on PC.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
The first PvZ is still their best game. They died for me when EA took over, though I did give PvZ2 a brief chance. It was a.. Mobile game.

I can't tell them apart any longer, when they morph into these weird schemes. It's like they're no longer individual games, which was the feeling I left with from PvZ2. Just another scheme.

Oct 25, 2017
I played a lot of Bookworm with my wife so that's probably the best one but for brainless stuff I think I might be a Zuma guy.

Vans

Oct 28, 2017
Japan
Rocket Mania, Bookworm and Big Money (?) were some of my favorites. Bejeweled 2 because of the music too. Typer Shark was enjoyable as well.

I feel sad I don't have access to these games anymore, they were amazing.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Insaniquarium
Chuzzle
Zuma

Those were my JAMS. If there were new versions, i'd play the hell out of them. Perfect games for listening to audiobooks.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
Bejeweled 3 is my fav but I spent an unreasonable amount of time playing the Peggle addon for WoW during long flight paths or waiting for a mob to respawn

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
PopCap was the GOAT browser game platform! Insaniquarium was my JAM!

Top 3:
1. Insaniquarium
2. Heavy Weapon
3. Typer Shark

Is there a big bundle of all the classic PopCap games? I remember seeing one on Steam a looong time ago, but it's gone now. I noticed they're all discounted currently all the way down to 99 cents each.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
PopCap were awesome. My Mom used to play a ton of their games, notably the hidden object Mystery P.I. type of games, also Bookworm and Talismania.

Myself personally enjoyed playing Pizza Frenzy and Plants Vs. Zombies.

Nov 2, 2017
I really liked a few of old school, pre-Peggle PopCap games: Seven Seas, Mummy Maze, Alchemy. Played the browser versions and then purchased the novel-at-the-time digital deluxe full versions from their website.

Could never quite get into PvZ or Peggle; Heavy Weapon is my favorite "newer title" from PopCap. Also like Zuma but ended up getting more hooked on Luxor: Evolved a few years later (I know that sub-genre is quite clone crazy).

Last edited:

Fabs

Aug 22, 2019
I'd kill for a Peggle 3 or even a proper Plants vs Zombies tower defense game. I liked the multiplayer games but miss the real things. I doubt they make ever make that again even as a smaller title

Murugo

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Not originally a PopCap game, but Dynomite was an absolute blast.

CCQp8EG.png

Nacery

Jul 11, 2018
I'd pay big bucks to EA to release a PopCap Anthology that includes Xbox console enhancements on PC.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
[*]Peggle: World of Warcraft Edition - Themed after (and a promo for the then-new) Wrath of the Lich King. Not on Steam, but can be downloaded for free from the archived promo site. Also has 10 levels and some very tough challenges — there are several I still haven't done!

Going further back, both Bejeweled and Peggle had official versions that could be played within WoW in interface addons. I *think* the levels for that Peggle are unique too.

Bejeweled

World of Warcraft Addons, Interfaces, Skins, Mods & Community.

Peggle Add-on for WoW

World of Warcraft Addons, Interfaces, Skins, Mods & Community.

rF2cceX.png

hSOeBCr.png

(and in looking those up again I notice that after being broken for ages, Peggle's been updated for modern WoW in both Classic and Retail flavours. I'm sorely tempted to reinstall...)

Also in WoW terms there's a semi-official nod to PvZ in the form of the "Peacebloom vs Ghouls" side quest:

D9myb1w.png

Not explicitly PvZ, but pretty sure it was done fully with Popcap's blessing, because it rewards the Singing Sunflower pet:

SuoRfOw.png

...which includes the "There's a zombie on your la-awn" sound sample

Last edited:

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
PvZ is an all time great game and endlessly replayable for me. Also i just found out they made feeding frenzy!

Zodzilla

Oct 25, 2017
ASTRO POP FANS RISE UP
I loved Astro-pop, but then I got into money puzzle exchanger and it kind of took over that part of my brain.

I had to vote for Peggle. I'm surprised that there hasn't been a straight up clone successor. Everything else seems to have a roguelike or rpg element applied over it.

Solormie

Mar 11, 2022
Please don't make me choose between Insaniquarium and Feeding Frenzy! They're both absolutely beautiful, stupid concepts that I wish could be expanded upon.

Plants Vs. Zombies though I think is top tier, with Zuma and Chuzzle not far behind. Even my non-gamer mom and her sisters and friends got really into those.

I've also heard good things about Bookworm, Bejeweled and Peggle. I vaguely recall enjoying their demos long ago.

OP
OP
zoodoo

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
My non gamer sister in law was obssessed with Zuma at some point. She was the first (and only) person I saw completing both games with ease. The last levels were not easy.

It's really sad that EA gutted PopCap

Scott Lufkin

Dec 7, 2017
I picked PvZ but I mean the original tower defense version, not the action/shooter/multiplayer thing.