Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Over the course of the Zelda franchise, there's been a ton of different designs for Link. My personal favorite is the one from Wind Waker:

latest

He's a great design that is super expressive and has a ton of personality.

Another one I really like is the one from Zelda 2:
latest

What's your favorite, Era?

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
We're talking purely about looks and not characterization, right?

Looks-wise, I think I still like TP Link the most. I liked all the little details that went into his outfit, like the stitching on his tunic and the chainmail underneath.

Azubah

Dec 30, 2017
Zelda 2 Link is awesome and the Link Between World's re-imagining was cool as hell.

FrostyLemon

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
0ed49a0cbc4527d8a89565a28ef8f13f.jpg

Link finally enters the 21st century. Zelda will always be my favourite franchise, but the peter pan hat had to go. It's an outdated design and made link 'uncool'. I especially love that all of his equipment can be seen at once. It's always bugged me that you can have something equipped and it isn't part of your aesthetic.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Visually, I like the latest -- Breath of the Wild Link. I love that light blue tunic and hatless design. I even think that his unlockable throwback-style costume is really good, too, but after being a Zelda fan most of my life, I think they really nailed the BotW redesign. The green tunic is certainly iconic and I still have a lot of love left for it in my heart, but it's such a good redesign for his look.

In terms of personality, Wind Waker Link is the best. He's just so expressive and seems to be genuinely emotionally invested in his journey at times that don't seem quite as apparent with many of the other Links. If there's ever been a Link that I feel like spoke his feelings and intentions beyond the player's control, it was Wind Waker Link for sure, and I think that's a very noteworthy character design quality in the run of this series in particular.

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Twilight Princess is absolutely my favorite, because I appreciate how many little touches of realism they added to the outfit to make it seem plausible. Breath of the Wild is pretty good too.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Not my favorite game, but I'd be lying if I said I don't really did the early Twilight Princess outfit.
Zelda-25th-y-ld-n-m-Oyunu-Suluboya-m-rekkep-p-sk-rtmeli-Kuma-poster-43.jpg_640x640.jpg

The nostalgic in me still loves his LttP and Link's Awakening design too.
latest

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
Zelda3_art6.gif

Link to the Past/Link's Awakening manual artwork Link. The Breath of the Wild model is the closest we've got to seeing the old school Link in-game, with the long sideburns and sandy hair.

Worst in-game models are Skyward Sword or Twilight Princess.

Mr. RPG

Oct 25, 2017
Young Link is my favorite Link. :)

I'm so happy that Young Link is back for Smash Bros. Ultimate. :)

Link's design in Twilight Princess is another one of my favorites. Twilight Princess is an amazing game that is seriously underrated.

Last edited:

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Oracles Link is the best overall. I want a game that looks like that in 3D.
latest

Link.jpg

In general I want a tween Link who's maybe around the ages of 12-14.

Zelda 1, Zelda 2, OOT Young Link, and BOTW Link are also all faves of mine for different reasons.

Mr. RPG

Oct 25, 2017
What is with all of the Twilight Princess love in this thread? I'm honestly shocked.

Enrico25

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
They're all ugly tbh.

Except this Link. He is one of the best silent MC of all time.
Link.png

PCPace

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama
I like to think of Link like with giant eagle's wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!

I like to picture Link as a figure skater. He wears like a white outfit, and He does interpretive ice dances of my life's journey

I had a dream where Link was a dirty old bum, and I was about to sock him in the face because, well he's a dirty old bum, but then I thought, there's something special about him... Because it was Link, right...

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
BOTW link because I love the art style. He's always had blue tunics but the one in BOTW is awesome.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
TP. It's simply the best link and Ganon and zeruda have ever looked. TP tunic in botw is something I cheat engine in every time.