• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sony, Xbox, Both ?

• Sony

Votes: 628 53.7%
  • Xbox

Votes: 224 19.2%
  • Both

Votes: 317 27.1%

• Total voters

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
PS5 + PC + Switch

with this combo, you get to play every game.

Joo

May 25, 2018
PS5. Although I'm a bit bummed about the Bethesda acquisition, there's no way I'm going to buy two consoles which are in many ways so similar, and I'm 100% getting a PS5 already.

Oct 28, 2017
I legit have no idea.

I'm going to preorder an Xbox Series X but that is subject to change based on all of this fluid information. Like I think Gamepass is a phenomenal value and possibly the greatest of all time but if Nintendo is really about to push an updated Switch, then I might not need anything thing since I'm still rocking a OneX. And I still haven't seen what 2k, Madden, Cyberpunk gameplay look on next gen.

But then Demon Souls looks like something I can't not buy even though I souls games have never clicked with me.

I'm buying an Atari VCS 800.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
Playstation for sure, I'll decide if I need Xbox or a PC down the road, maybe in one or two years.They don't have anything I need until then (well PC has plenty I'd get from the last 10+ years I wasn't on that platform, but we'll see).

Namikaze1

Oct 25, 2017
PS5 at launch, XSX at Halo launch. It's been my plan since Halo was delayed. I mean, it was always going to be PS5 at launch with the X at a later date for me anyway given my gaming budget for the year. With today's news, that future XSX will pretty much be a Halo/WRPG box for me.

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Both. If I can get a pre-order tomorrow for the Series X, the PS5 and X will be mine come November. Oh yea.

Ramako

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
PS5 at launch, and XSX if/when the big exclusives start being released. I was probably going to eventually pick up an XSX anyway just to be able to play my library of previous gen Xbox games, but the Bethesda news solidifies it.

Mr.Black

Apr 28, 2018
Finland
PC and PS5. Nothing really changed because I've always played Bethesda games on PC anyway. Not sure if/how mods work with game pass, but if they won't, I'll buy the games on steam.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Both, Xbox first since I play all my third party games there (thanks to game pass) and later when I buy the PS5, lots of Sony games wouldve gone down in price so it would save me money.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Guess finally invest in getting into PC gaming. Wouldn't be caught dead with a Series S BUT Gamepass sounds real good. And wait out till we get PS5 Slim

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017
Well, thanks tho good guy Phil I now have to choose between the next Doom and the next God of War. It's still an easy choice, though.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
I had a plan, and now I'm honestly not sure. Wanted a PS5/Series S, but the Xbox news today means I'm better off sticking primarily with Xbox.

As such, I'm gonna get a Series X on day one. I'm just now debating whether the $400+games I'd also spend on a PS5 is worth it, or if I should just wait until the console (or at least games) drop in price.

gfeltner78

Oct 27, 2017
I am planning on getting both. I have a PS5 pre-order booked at a couple sites (gonna offer the extra up to some fellow parents who aren't as up to date on things like pre-orders but still want to make it a fun Christmas). Gonna enter the fray tomorrow for an Xbox Series X and hope for the best. I have a solid PC build if the Xbox falls through so not a total disaster (and great goofily moogily if I can somehow get a 3080 I would really be cooking with gas).

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
Not buying any hardware at all and just streaming the games I want to play sounds like a pretty solid plan to me. This is the real next gen!

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Standard PS5 whenever it gets down to like $250-300 in a Black Friday bundle. Maybe, maybe, a Series X at a similar price point if it ends up hogging all the good WRPGs (something I wasn't expecting to say, but whoops today happened).

Evoker

Oct 25, 2017
PS5 + Switch + PC gives me access to everything I want to play, so I'm going that route.

pizzaparty

Oct 28, 2017
Hope that 3080s are actually in stock at some point before the end of the year and pick up a 4k 144hz monitor.

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
Wife got me the PS5. I'll buy the XSX. If it wasn't for my wife getting me the PS5 I'll probably would have went for the XSX anyways.

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
If I can get a Series X tomorrow, I'll cancel my PS5 order. I'll pick one up later in the generation for the Sony exclusives.

foamdino

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
New PC (3070 [possibly 3080] + ryzen something) for me, PS5 for the boy.

I've not tried out GamePass as I'm not really into subscriptions, but I'd say the "consoles" are now
  • GamePass
  • PS5
XBoX is irrelevant - GamePass is what MS cares about

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure I'll pick up a series x maybe before the end of the year or in January, then I'll decide if I should wait on a ps5 remodel (slim/pro) or pick up a digital edition when they are readily available in the middle of next year. At the very least I will wait on a PS model number revision I think.

Can't wait for hardware reviews!

Oh yeah and Switch pro if it happens. If it's a non switching box then I'll take two!

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Whichever one I can snag first (PS5 or Series X). I was firmly in PS5 land- but the annoyances and difficulty had in getting a preorder up to this point, plus todays Bethesda news has me considering trying to get a Series X tomorrow (and in on the Gamepass thing) and seeing if that goes more smoothly, and if I can snag one, PS5 will wait another year or two until the stock situation normalizes and they get some of the bigger stuff out there

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
Not sure yet, but right now I'm leaning towards an Xbox Series S as my cheap next-gen Gamepass/media box in the living room and then just keep on with Switch/PC for whatever else. If there's any merit to the Switch Pro speculation for March 2021, I'll probably get one of those too.

DeadDuck144

One Winged Slayer
Jan 16, 2020
Probably getting everything because I'm super irresponsible and can't help myself.

Ditto!

I may not purchase either at launch, but I'm leaning toward buying both a PS5 physical and an Xbox Series X, as well as a Super Switch if those rumors are true. Planning my next PC build around the launch of The Elder Scrolls VI and Intel's 7nm desktop CPUs (maybe around 2023 if I'm lucky).