LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
I always gravitate toward the grapplers with mobility, i.e. Alex from 3rd Strike, Abel in Street Fighter 4, etc.

Right now, it's all about the Abigail in Street Fighter 5. He doesn't have great mobility but his long reach makes up for that.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
Counting Smash, I won a few locals with Peach in Melee, so that's the most success I saw.
Outside of that, I put a few hundred hours into Talim in Soul Calibur II.

Tyrant Rave

Has A Pretty Cool Jacket
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao that's the spirit. I know we all felt indestructible like this at some point.

Hehe yes In my case i have to have a token shot character for emergency usage.
Lol 16 Bit is actually serious. She was a very strong player while it was an active game. She is well known in the community.

My best results were with I-NO in Guilty Gear Rev2.1 and Merkava in UNIST when I played in tournament so I vote them. I feel I'm a strong Crossbone X1 player in the Gundam EXVS series but I haven't played the suit in a competitive setting.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I was REALLY good with Hakumen in the first two BlazBlue games.

*Incoming replies slapping me down saying Hakumen was easy to be good with*

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
Probably Guile in Street Fighter 2. Others I've been fairly ok with are King in Tekken 3ish, Hakumen in BlazBlue and maybe Mitsurugi in SoulCalibur. I'm a filthy casul when it comes to fighting games though.

OP
OP
Discontent

Discontent

May 25, 2018
Lol 16 Bit is actually serious. She was a very strong player while it was an active game. She is well known in the community.

My best results were with I-NO in Guilty Gear Rev2.1 and Merkava in UNIST when I played in tournament so I vote them. I feel I'm a strong Crossbone X1 player in the Gundam EXVS series but I haven't played the suit in a competitive setting.

I didn't know that, that is legit awesome. But in the true spirit of fighting games I'm gonna go ahead and say my D.Dark will still own her Iori please don't tell her I said that

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm no good at fighting games, but I do enjoy playing them. One character I properly got into and actually learned the combos for was Injustice 2's master of pimp slaps, Darkseid:

giphy6.gif

I actually won a fair few matches online.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
Spider-Man in Marvel vs Capcom for PS1. I could beat you all with my eyes closed using this character.
This was actually the only fighting game I ever put time into learning combos and how many of its characters worked. Man, how I miss that summer of 2004.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've ever been as good with anyone else as I was with Orchid in KI. People would refuse to play if I picked her.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
Ivy in Soul Calibur 2. Probably my "peak." I got friend-circle good with King in Tekken 5, but it wasn't anything great.

Aug 22, 2018
Joe in every KOF game (followed closely by Shingo, Clark, Kensou and Kyo).
Mitsurugi (followed by Cassandra, Siegfried and Astaroth) in every Soul Calibur.
Wolverine in (U)MvC3
As notable mentions, I am quite decent with Slayer in GGXrd, Wolf and El Blaze in VF and Nanaya in melty Blood.

OP
OP
Discontent

Discontent

May 25, 2018
Spider-Man in Marvel vs Capcom for PS1. I could beat you all with my eyes closed using this character.
This was actually the only fighting game I ever put time into learning combos and how many of its characters worked. Man, how I miss that summer of 2004.

I'll allow this lol this is the kind of attitude I love.

Raysoul

Fat4All Ruined My Rug
Oct 26, 2017
Feng Wei in Tekken 5-7 including TTT2.

Easy combos, decent mixups, Godly uf+2, and a hard hitting b1+2 punisher. I've been playing since T3 but Feng really clicked on me.

Also Nightmare from Sc3 onwards. I almost won a local casual tournament for Sc4, and that is even the first time I played Sc4 (most of the moveset is carried from 3).

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Ryu SF4 or Fox in Smash

probably the latter as i was actually attending tournaments and holding my own.

Nov 2, 2017
At the risk of avatar quotes, Gief by a long shot, particularly over the lifespan of SFIV. Got to the point where I just default to the primary grappler in any 2D fighter I play, and just coast off the grappler playbook of it's going to be something I don't play long term enough to really learn.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
A group of friend introduced me to Guilty Gear (which one?) in 2006. I play with Sol (not really brave choice...) and it cliqued instantly. I was able to combo pretty easily without searching things on Internet.
Two weeks later, one of their friend came and he was kindda the "boss" of the game. It was funny on that way, like "you beat everyone let me show you". I obliterate him.

Maybe they were all terrible, but that's my answer :D

Eidan

AVALANCHE
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I was pretty much unstoppable with Kilik in Soul Calibur and Soul Calibur II.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
I got into SSF2T on GGPO and started really practicing combos and reading up on character match ups.

My two characters were Dic and DJ, but I was probably better with DJ.
tenor.gif
giphy.gif

E6HKFJi.gif

DoctorPlayer MD

"This guy are sick"
Feb 4, 2021
Brazil
I like Kitana in MK11, she's the only character I'm half decent with.. I just feel like her normals have no range at all, lol.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno about most proficient since I play lots of different characters in lots of fighting games but the farthest I've ever pushed characters was in Street Fighter x Tekken. I played a team of Hugo & Ogre back then. Got to like top 20ish in the global rankings on PSN and even won an online tournament.

Strittles

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Falco from Melee onwards. No matter how much he or the game changed, he always fit like a glove when I played him.

Nov 17, 2017
Palutena in Smash 4. She was low tier I think, but I did pretty well with her online on For Glory. Nothing competitive smash level of course but I knew how to play her and condition players into air dodging into my up smash.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Xianghua in SCVI is the only character that made me think "damn I'm pretty good."

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Spider-Man in UMvC3. Had a serviceable Hawkeye and X-23 but Parker was the heart. Probably my highest peak.

My Spider-Man/Hawkeye in MvCI was also pretty fucking good but the game's community was quite thin and I got bored of the meta that developed.

Xianghua in SC2 and SC6.

Cammy in SSF4 back when she wasn't just good but pure bullshit lmao. Once TKCS cheese wore off and Marvel was around the corner, decided to switch gears (I'm not blind to the fact that she's been good if not top tier in every game since Vanilla 4 tbh).

Guile in ST and HDR was my jam as well.

My Tink in Smash was OTW but controller drift turned me off that game and system to a high degree.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
I was decent amongst my friend group with Young Link in Melee. I've never been good enough to call myself "proficient" with any fighting game character, though. But Young Link was the one I was "least unproficient" with.

Oct 26, 2017
Mitsurugi in Soul Calibur and Jacky in VF4 Evo. The only times I've ever played fighters and felt relatively competent.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
Jeffry McWild, Virtua Fighter. I was pretty good with Akira, too.

For Tekken, Bryan Fury.

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
I'm not a good fighting game player, but:
SF: Adon
SoulCalibur: Mina
Smash Bros: King Dedede/Jigglypuff
MK: Noob
GG: I'm trash, but I have fun with Jam, Johnny and Jack'O
DOA: Tina and Elliot

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Vega in SFV, first time I really put time in learning a character. About to start the grind to Platinum, end goal is to reach Diamond before SFV dies. Doubt I'll make it but hey, having a goal is a start.

OP
OP
Discontent

Discontent

May 25, 2018
I'm not a good fighting game player, but:
SF: Adon
SoulCalibur: Mina
Smash Bros: King Dedede/Jigglypuff
MK: Noob
GG: I'm trash, but I have fun with Jam, Johnny and Jack'O
DOA: Tina and Elliot

Im no good too but I like a lot of those characters too! Especially Tina in DOA, such a nice moveset.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
I-No in Xrd, was one match away from making top 8 at a regional tournament with her, and that was before the OP Rev 2 version of her. :(

Oct 28, 2017
In my arcade heyday (92-98) I could hang around the cabinets for a good while with only $2 in my pocket if I was rocking Ken/Ryu in any game( not Alpha. )

Kilik in Soul Calibur on Dreamcast, I was handing out work back then.

Fox in Melee (boring I know)

I was pretty average in every other fighting game except Virtua Fighter, I am just not smart enough to get it.

DeadMoonKing

Nov 6, 2017
I've always been horrible at fighting games, but the one character I ever seemed to click with was Kim Jae Hoon in Mark of the Wolves.
Since I have a Saturn and a buddy comes at holidays, I've been practicing Ken at SFA2.

Last edited: