beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
A friend of mine worked for the record distribution company for the vinyl box set of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. She got it for free, and she passed it on to me a few years back for my birthday. It's missing the USB stick, but it's otherwise complete and in great condition and signed by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross and goes for $600+ on Discogs

StraySheep

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 26, 2017
An EP from a British band called Los Campesinos! called sticking fingers into sockets. Got it from a classmate in my new high school which I only attended for my final year. We talked music and we kinda liked the same bands. Always cool to find someone you share interests with in a new place, but I didn't expect him to bring that EP with him the next day and give it to me. Was kind of weirded out, not gonna lie. Wasn't the only one either; I remember the look the girl sitting in front of me gave me afterwards, haha. But I think the guy meant alright. Maybe he just had a spare copy and figured I would be the person to appreciate it.

Here's the thing, though. That was over ten years ago now. Haven't opened the case once, let alone listened to it. Feel kind of bad about it now. I have the EP in front of me as I'm typing it. Maybe I should give it a shot? PItchfork gave it a 8.4, so it can't be that bad. Maybe just a bit pretentious.

Have you listened yet? I searched around for references to the band on here because I am listening to Sick Scenes from them and was reminded how fucking good this band is lol. That EP apparently has some songs from their debut album which is great.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I found a freezer sitting on the side of the road one day shortly after I was first married. I got a truck, picked it up, took it home, cleaned it thoroughly, and plugged it in. It worked perfectly. We kept and used that freezer for about twelve years until we moved to a new house that already had a freezer, so we gave it away.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
An Oculus Rift CV1 for free was pretty crazy. Everyone who bought a Rift dev kit on Kickstarter unexpectedly got one as a thank you gift.

Jamesways

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
An all expense paid trip to London to interview Slightly Mad Studios' devs and test Need For Speed Shift 2 at EA studios in Guildford.
That was a really fun trip.
Many proper pints at the airport were had for breakfast.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A super nintendo with a bunch of games I can't remember, other than Final Fantasy 3/6. It was when prices were already skyrocketing a few years back. I told a friend we should go to a used game store 'cause I want to find a SNES. And he walked into his garage and handed me a box filled with shit. It was so fucking awesome.

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A friend in the Navy had people renting her house and needed someone to go remove the brand new washer and dryer from the spot at her house because the renters were bringing their own. We did it and got to keep them, about a $2,000 value. We did have to rent a truck from home depot and drive from Kennesaw, GA to Augusta, GA, but we weren't turning that down.

SpaceToast

Jan 20, 2018
Flint, MI
Won a Surface 2 and it's "music cover" add on from a twitter contest during their launch event. Sadly I had to sell it due to horrible money issues at the time. Thing was awesome.

EndlessSummer

Mar 21, 2022
Not sure if it counts but I got a 300 GBP Amazon UK gift card back in 2009 from lockerz.com which I used to buy a PS3 Slim and the ring dvd lol

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
A scorpion in a block of resin.

715X0SupYwL._AC_SX679_.jpg

WOAH that is super cool!!

hoserx

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
GTX 980 that was "laying around" at work, back when it was only 1 generation old. I gave it to my friend and it's in her rig to this date!