• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
I don't think I've played a Star Wars FPS since Dark Forces.

I'm aware that Fallen Order has been received well, but that's a third person adventure game.

Many of these games seem to focus on lightsaber combat, so I guess my thread is the opposite of this one.

Tophat Jones

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Republic Commando was a lot of fun.

But if Battlefront II counts (the old ones), even for just the Single Player, I'd probably choose that.

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Resetera has good taste, sometimes I question it but this thread is proof.

Firestorm

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
If you've got PlayStation Plus, Star Wars Battlefront II is still free until the end of the day. I've heard it's a short, fun ride and one of the few canon stories left if that matters?

Oct 26, 2017
Played through Republic Commando for the first time recently and it was alright, had some good moments but the game loop got a bit stale and repetitive.

I don't know any good Star Wars FPS campaigns otherwise, BF2's was garbage

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
Republic Commando is X enhanced, but I find it a bit plodding. Jedi Knight (Dark Forces 2) for me.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Dark Forces holds up okay from what I remember, only played the first handful of missions. It's a serviceable Doom clone.

Seaneko

Jun 11, 2020
California
I haven't played all of the Star Wars FPS titles, but I was about to pop in lamenting the fact that no complete fanmade port of Dark Forces exists (DarkXL is woefully incomplete and I ran into so many problems that I just switched back to playing in DOSbox with mouse controls) when I learned the existence of The Force Engine, a project that looks to be an accurate rewrite. Sounds like exciting stuff!

The Force Engine ·

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Outside of the obligatory Republic Commando mentions, Jedi Knight 1 (Dark Forces 2) and Jedi Outcast are both gun focused enough to count as "FPS" in my book. There's some forced lightsaber moments, but afaik you can just gun down enemies most of the time.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Republic Commando and Dark Forces, for different reasons.

I never done a full Jedi Knight playthrough, but I've heard people go wild for that as well.

Miker

Oct 25, 2017
If you don't mind very mid/late-90s PC FPS campaign design with keycards and more maze-like levels, it's Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast.

If you want a watered down version of Halo with bullet sponge enemies that wears out its welcome halfway through its 5-hour campaign, then Republic Commando.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
I think Republic Commando was pretty cool and very well inserted into the prequels. Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast are amazing games and better than Republic Commando, though they are not such a pure FPS for me when I spend most of the time using the light saber in third person.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
If it counts, Jedi Outcast for sure, the level design is best, bar none.

But if we're talking about PURELY FPS, then Republic Commando or Dark Forces.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Republic Commando for sure. Praying for an HD remake.

Jedi Outcast is definitely a close second.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't ever play Republic Commando either so I'm gonna pick that up too. Thanks!

robot

Oct 27, 2017
I had the most fun with Jedi Outcast, but Dark Forces 1 and 2 and Republic Commando are all good also.

Techno