Christor

Oct 25, 2017
Orlandeau's voice was mighty, powerful and so awesome. Hearing my favorite character voiced was extremely pleasing. All his quotes were so good.

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
latest

The Goddess Sophia from 6

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Objectively KOTR which was awesome in every way. Kefka too (but all the cool shit is locked behind Savage.)

But in my heart of hearts I know my real answer...

SAY MY NAME. SEPHIROT.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I want to see it's eye attack. I thought Anima was kind of corny but the fact it was so powerful that it was just doing insane damage with its eye was cool in a chuuni kind of way.
They could do some pretty crazy things with that attack and the "don't look" mechanic from trials.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Knights of Round technically isn't a boss but fuck if it isn't such an incredibly well-placed cameo with one kickass theme and ULTIMATE END.

Warrior of Light as well with that fucking 4-bar limit break.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Pretty much every boss in XIV is kinda cool in their own kinda way.

ExDeath was really neat though. The ex transition was... phew

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
A bit old but since I just played it yesterday - definitely not Diamond Weapon.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
It's Emet Ardyn.

Jokes aside, it's the O4S boss. That phase transition. Mindblown.gif

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
But I hope eventually we get the elemental fiends from FFIV. I would be over the moon seeing them in game some day.

That's almost certainly gonna be in Endwalker since it seems like as usual, IV gets the special treatment amongst the series and instead of a raid or a few bosses, they just made the whole damn expansion rip off IV lol.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
That's almost certainly gonna be in Endwalker since it seems like as usual, IV gets the special treatment amongst the series and instead of a raid or a few bosses, they just made the whole damn expansion rip off IV lol.

The references to IV in Endwalker don't seem any more special than what we've seen in the game so far. I wouldn't be shocked if the four fiends don't show up, since they'll want to have plenty of unique things too.

Though a trial where we fight all four in a row like their final fight would be cool.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
The references to IV in Endwalker don't seem any more special than what we've seen in the game so far. I wouldn't be shocked if the four fiends don't show up, since they'll want to have plenty of unique things too.

Though a trial where we fight all four in a row like their final fight would be cool.

I'd agree that there are a lot of other FF references (especially VI in Stormblood) but EW is the only one they literally use the prior expansion as a setup to their prior game reference (going from the DRK mascot to PLD and going to the moon to fight the last boss). That along with the towers being a clear Tower of Babel reference makes me think the Four Fiends are gonna be a lock as bosses in the towers, at least one of them (Rubicante, most likely).

I also have had my suspicion for quite a while that Zenos is going to end up being called Zeromus by the end when he finishes his prep for his "final battle" with WoL (possibly by absorbing Zodiark like he did Shinryu) but that one is still just theory so it doesn't count unless it actually happens.

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
I'd agree that there are a lot of other FF references (especially VI in Stormblood) but EW is the only one they literally use the prior expansion as a setup to their prior game reference (going from the DRK mascot to PLD and going to the moon to fight the last boss). That along with the towers being a clear Tower of Babel reference makes me think the Four Fiends are gonna be a lock as bosses in the towers, at least one of them (Rubicante, most likely).

I also have had my suspicion for quite a while that Zenos is going to end up being called Zeromus by the end when he finishes his prep for his "final battle" with WoL (possibly by absorbing Zodiark like he did Shinryu) but that one is still just theory so it doesn't count unless it actually happens.

DRK being the main job of ShB was a big FFIII reference, with the warriors of darkness and fighting back the flood of light. Switching to Paladin is a fun reference but I wouldn't say the ShB's main job was setup for that.

Anyway, I'm not saying the four fiends won't show up, just that I think Endwalker being seen as just a FFIV reference probably isn't going to be how things play out. For as much as ShB was a love letter to FFIII, it still ended with a final boss that was closest to a FFIX reference than anything else, while still being very much a unique thing to FFXIV overall. Hell, we already know one of the trials in Endwalker will be a FFX reference.

Negaduck

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't done too much other content but as a boss fight seat of sacrifice fucking blew me away.

I never saw that coming.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I got to the scorpion boss earlier today for the first time and told my party to 'attack while the tail is up'. They had no idea what I was talking about...

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
What happened to Orlandeau??
The FFT Ivalice raids had their monster designs designed by one of the Garo designers. While the story was penned by Matsuno but we actually get to see a two cut bosses from FFT in XIV so it was worth it even if the designs come from outta left field (and even then only kinda).

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
it also was nerfed as kept wiping everyone
Shame, I found that Shinryu's difficulty on release was perfect for a final boss. A challenge, but not so challenging most parties can't clear it within one duty, learning as they go. KotR in comparison was a joke even when it was brand new.

Don't get why they have to nerf all old content to such an extreme degree. You don't even get to hear the chorus on Shiva HM anymore!

Chille

Jan 7, 2018

Well we always have the trio boss series
Warring Triad
Then you had byakko/suzaku/seiryu *genbu dungeon
Weapon series
So could be the four fiends are the next trio trial series with one of them being a dungeon boss.