signal

Oct 28, 2017
Spoilers obviously. Best being whatever you want!! And boss cameo can mean either a boss from another FF title appearing as a boss in XIV, or a non-boss from another FF title appearing as a boss in XIV. I guess an older boss making a non-boss appearance counts too
0pGGQQ2.png
?

Is it KOTR or Magitek Scorpion from VII?
TFtgRQV.png

5x7UqJn.jpg

Diabolos from FFVIII?
uYMQTNe.jpg

Ozma from IX?
W1g9Qjf.png

Orlandeau from FFT?
JV5wkaB.png

Yojimbo from X?
M0K2k8z.jpg

Yiazmat from XII?
tW0Stn5.jpg

Or...something else...?

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Orlandeau because of his voice clips, and the Phantom Train because it's the fucking Phantom Train.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
100% Orlandeau. One of the best boss fights in FFXIV

"Honed is the blade that severs the villain's head. Endless is the path that leads him from hell"
" Open your eyes to the darkness and drown in its loveless embrace. The gods will not be watching. "

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm partial to Eden, the fight is fun and that musicccc

Cloud of Darkness was very cool visually too.
Really hoping for Ultimecia in the final Eden raids

looprider

Oct 27, 2017
Ozma for the tears and wipes. The community was not ready for that kind of fuckery in a 24 man raid when it first dropped. It was glorious.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
None of them, as I'm tired of the constant old "hey remember this boss" stuff FFXIV does, but Orlandeau is the most fun of those and Orbonne is one of the best casual dungeons in the game. Nier stuff was a real big step down from Orbonne and Ivalice in general.

Beth Cyra

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm partial to Eden, the fight is fun and that musicccc

Cloud of Darkness was very cool visually too.
Really hoping for Ultimecia in the final Eden raids

Honestly I didn't much care for XIV in general but seeing this kinda makes me wanna play again.

They killed it with Eden.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
Phantom Train is a strong contender, but I think I'll give this to Ozma for how brilliantly they reimagined it. Having Ozma change shape and draw people into an internal world like that really elevated its design.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Diablos ends with a Kamemeha garlic gun battle.

But Shinryu is favourite (it counts as he a boss in ff1)

it also was nerfed as kept wiping everyone
Screen_Shot_2017_07_11_at_3.43.07_PM.0.png

Plus his theme is a banger

Ruck

Oct 25, 2017
A11's Cruise Chaser Blassty is an insane deep cut and I love it for that

edit: whoops didn't see it has to be from an older ff

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

youtu.be

FFXIV OST Omega: Deltascape Exdeath's Theme ( Decisions )

FFXIV Deltascape - Exdeath's Theme Video showing my first attempt of the final battle of the Omega: Deltascape raid; Exdeath. If it looks like I have no idea...

All the cameos are greaaaat. But I definitely lost it at nostalgia from the Phantom Train intro. Ex-Death is also super, super cool and a fun fight. The whole Omega raid was insane fanservice and probably my favorite thing in the whole game.

Still waiting for Sephiroth and Sephiroth-Ex. I thought they'd time it to release along with FFVII Remake or the final part of Omega raid, but I guess they're saving him for last or near-last. Maybe next expansion?

Emerald

Oct 25, 2017
Mechanically wise probably Exdeath or Kefka due to having an entire end-of-tier savage fight dedicated to them.
They also have the best phase transitions ever.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Ozma's re-appearance in the Baldesion Arsenal, where it has the ability to kick you entirely out of the dungeon if you die, seals it for me. There's also the hype of having 56 different players fighting it at the same time, way more than any Alliance raid, even.

duck-doomster

Feb 1, 2019
In a backwards way, all the bosses in Orbonne, especially Cid, since it's what motivated me to finally play Final Fantasy Tactics. I really liked the design, voice acting, and fights themselves, so I appreciate them more now that I've played FFT.

blonded

Oct 30, 2017
Ozma's re-appearance in the Baldesion Arsenal, where it has the ability to kick you entirely out of the dungeon if you die, seals it for me. There's also the hype of having 56 different players fighting it at the same time, way more than any Alliance raid, even.

One of the best experiences in FFXIV is this dungeon. Shame so few people have played it.

Vinx

Sep 9, 2019
As awesome as the Orbonne Monastery raid is or the Warring Triad, I think the best boss cameos are the Magitek bosses because they are fully integrated into the story.

jblanco

Oct 27, 2017
All great examples, but my vote goes to KOTR.

With a game focusing so much on summons (primals), the way they thematically fit a primal like this was done in a really clever way. Heavensward is fucking amazing, and KOTR is part of why.

Also, they looks cool as fuck, that's why.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
All great examples, but my vote goes to KOTR.

With a game focusing so much on summons (primals), the way they thematically fit a primal like this was done in a really clever way. Heavensward is fucking amazing, and KOTR is part of why.

Also, they looks cool as fuck, that's why.
The normal version was pretty underwhelming though. But I guess some of the normal trials are fun to just sit through during msq.

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Knights of the Round
Perfect mix of music, spectacle and a very fun extreme fight

LaydinJinn

Oct 31, 2017
Diablos ends with a Kamemeha garlic gun battle.

But Shinryu is favourite (it counts as he a boss in ff1)

it also was nerfed as kept wiping everyone

I think this is from FFV, in that game of Shinryu and Omega weapon were arch-nemesis which was referenced in FFXIV.

My vote is KOTR... I totally didn't realize I was fighting KOTR until I saw the ultimate attack being the same from FF7 with the same transition.

That was a holy shit moment for me.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who played FFXIV for a while but didn't battle any of them, I must admit they're all faithful to to source material from all the ones linked in this thread so far, what a feast for the eyes !

...Except Orlandeau, wtf is that ? I only played the original FFT and Orlandu there was NOTHING like this, is this from another Ivalice based FF ?
Because if that's indeed T.G. Cid from FFT, this is not the austere looking old man I remember at all.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Dissidia is not canon though

What I mean is that they have basically made "Shinryu vs. Omega" a background lore concept that echoes throughout the games, like Ramuh typically being a benevolent summon that speaks to the party and Ifrit and Shiva generally being recruited fairly close to one another if not at the exact same time.