• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
Tampa is the best city In Florida

6-E209121-AD28-4-B10-9198-31-CA3-E1-C5-CA2.jpg

7-BB9-A06-C-154-C-4-E4-F-B94-D-5289-A7-E14-CEB.jpg

Lived in Tampa for 12 years. Rather glad to be gone, but not entirely excited about living back in New York. I definitely prefer Tampa to Miami and Orlando, so I guess that's a plus?

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
If you're looking for a masters program and an up and coming city to settle in as a young professional, Raleigh NC (and the rest of the Research Triangle) is pretty great.

Nakazato

Oct 25, 2017
What sort of promises? Big changes coming to the city in the future?

Jacksonville was always just a place I drove through on the way to South Florida so I don't know much about it. What's it like living there?

He has a lot of projects going on for the downtown area. A water park and he will be building the shipyards which should be a boon to the city to get another Superbowl. The Jags practice field is also a amphitheatre which has helped bring in more events and concerts.

So as long as he keeps this up I wouldn't be surprised if the pop builds up and the city grows dramatically

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pretty much any significant coastal or near-coastal California city in the SF Bay area or south thereof.

Can't beat the climate, the beaches, or the culture.

Irvine might be my favorite specific city, although it's 30 minutes to the ocean. I appreciate college towns.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
LA is not a good city to live in. It's a good city to VISIT

A ton to do, but cost of living is high, traffic is nightmarish, public transportation is garbage, it's really hot, and there's nowhere to park.

Having visited LA frequently and recently, I would also maybe definitely say it's kind of terrible to visit too.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
If you can put up with the cold, Minneapolis is amazing. Come see a housing market that hasn't gone completely off the rails and a state government that actually works. We're also up there when it comes to craft beer, if that's your thing.

Oct 28, 2017
Pretty much any significant coastal or near-coastal California city in the SF Bay area or south thereof.

Irvine might be my favorite specific city, although it's 30 minutes to the ocean. I appreciate college towns.
Seriously, the weather here cannot be understated. It's hard to appreciate it fully until you spend some time in other areas.

Oct 27, 2017
Any major city in Texas is a great lifestyle choice. (Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, etc). Lots of jobs, cheap housing, good food ... great mexican/latino cuisine, lots of bars, rich music/festival/concert scene, valuable sports teams/entertainment.

The best thing you can do in Texas is live in a new suburban area outside the major cities (Sugarland - Houston)

The holidays are nice in Texas. It does get cold, though. Many who visit during the summer think it's super hot/humid year round, but it can easily dip into the 30's/20's F during the winter. I see it as a plus.

If I could live anywhere else, maybe outside of a major city in Colorado, like Denver... maybe outside a major city of in Washington state, like Seattle.

Oct 25, 2017

I live in Irvine - I love it. Its a bit boring but its safe, quiet, 15 minutes from the ocean via Laguna Fwy and next to the mountains.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Why don't people talk about cities in Colorado...
The state is beautiful and wonderful, but the cities aren't that incredible or interesting. I've lived and worked in a number of places in CO, and while it'll always be my gorgeous, welcoming home, I don't think its cities are especially fun or exciting. Denver is definitely more interesting than it was a decade ago, but it's still nothing compared to any of the big cities I've been to around the world, or even in the US.

I think the best cities in CO would be Denver, Boulder, and Fort Collins. Pueblo, CO Springs, Durango, and Grand Junction bore me.
I have a soft spot for smaller towns like Evergreen, Grand Lake, and Golden. I find them to be extremely charming.