• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which of these you want most to make a come back?

• Crimson Skies

• Perfect Dark

• Brute Force

• Fable

• Conkers

• Fuzion Frenzy

• Other (Mention below)

Results are only viewable after voting.

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
I know Xbox doesn't have that many exclusives and they should - But they did back in the days.

Yes most of them didn't work out so well for them but they can always do a good reboot and try something new with them. The name and brand is out there so that is one step closer to success.

Which of these games do you want to make a return. All of them? Some of them?

Mention down if I have not mentioned the ones you want as well.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
oyD22D8.gif
Ddwzc4fUQAAlV5n.jpg

HgS

Dec 13, 2019
MechAssault not being on this list is a crime against humanity.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Mech Assault. I want a massive online version with clan battles, evolving world and crazy customization.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Fable. I ended up really liking what that series ended up being, even if I got something completely different and much simpler than what Molyneux convinced me it was going to be.

I am also still quite fond of the XBLA port of Perfect Dark but I was always bitterly disappointed by PD0. I'd be pretty excited to see the franchise get revived, though.

Kwyjibo

Oct 31, 2017
Fable is already coming back

but I would like to see Fusion Frenzy, PGR or a Perfect Dark with a more stealth approach, fill the Splinter Cell void.

As a wild one....I would love to see a modern take on Mad Dash Racing....I'd imagine chaotic races with 30+ participants online......

OP
OP
MakgSnake

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
MechAssault not being on this list is a crime against humanity.
That is why I had that "Other" option in case I miss - Poll only allows me to have 7 options. I would have included a lot more games if it let me put in more.

But now to think of it, I would love a MechAssault Battle Royale game. Just me.

Last edited:

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
1. Banjo-Kazooie
2. Fable
3. Perfect Dark
4. PGR
5. RC Pro-Am (this one is a bit out of left field, but Diddy Kong Racing was originally meant to be an RC Pro-Am reboot. I'd like to see Rare make a mascot / arcade racer again)

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
Voted Perfect Dark because I know in my soul that Fable is already coming.

Also, for the record, it's a false narrative that XB doesn't have a bunch of "console" exclusives. They just haven't had the run or success that Sony has had the last few years.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
You are trolling by not having banjo on the list lol.
For me it is

Banjo
Lost odyssey
Perfect dark
Fable
Kameo

As my top 5 in that order

OP
OP
MakgSnake

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
Voted Perfect Dark because I know in my soul that Fable is already coming.

Also, for the record, it's a false narrative that XB doesn't have a bunch of "console" exclusives. They just haven't had the run or success that Sony has had the last few years.
I agree with you - They do have but they don't have that stands out much - Gears / Forza / Halo are the main ones that keep Xbox strong.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
None? I don't really care about any of those IPs. Maybe Fable, but that IP just means Action RPG to me, the actual IP really means nothing to me. They are already making a new Age and Flight Sim so I'm good. Rather have new stuff, Microsoft's back catalogue isn't that great anyway, at least the ones that haven't made a comeback yet.

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
I agree with you - They do have but they don't have that stands out much - Gears / Forza / Halo are the main ones that keep Xbox strong.
Absolutely. Really hope they can properly fund and support new exclusives now that they seem to have gotten their poop in a group. They definitely need a few more pillar releases. Critical and actual successes.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Fable reboot - Big universe, Open world, Action RPG, More mature while keeping the fairytale aspect.

Perfect Dark Reboot - Third Person Action/Adventure Ghost in the shell vibe,Semi Open world with verticality traversal/movement like Sunset overdrive/Spiderman

OP
OP
MakgSnake

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
Fable reboot - Big universe, Open world, Action RPG, More mature while keeping the fairytale aspect.

Perfect Dark Reboot - Third Person Action/Adventure Ghost in the shell vibe,Semi Open world with verticality traversal/movement like Sunset overdrive/Spiderman

They really can do SO MUCH with just these 2 games - And yes make a super mature FABLE game - Like The Witcher III or something.

And I am still super surprised that Perfect Dark didn't make return - It has been 15 years - That world has so much potential.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
ReCore honestly. The Definitive Edition was a solid 9/10 for me and I'd love for the series to continue. The challenge dungeons are some of my favorite moments this gen and I didn't stop until I had 1500/1500 GS.

Phantom Dust is another one I love but I loved the janky single-player and world. I fear it would be MP focused even more in 2020 and beyond.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
They really can do SO MUCH with just these 2 games - And yes make a super mature FABLE game - Like The Witcher III or something.

And I am still super surprised that Perfect Dark didn't make return - It has been 15 years - That world has so much potential.

you read my mind for The witcher 3 like. And I'm sure PG is taking this route.

It has to create a big universe that can be adapted into Netflix series, Book etc ...

Matt Booty says that they already have Halo and Minecraft but that they want other big universe like MCU / LOTR etc ... to reach a large number of players.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Fable. If PG are really making it as it rumoured, I have no doubt it's going to blow our minds.

Novocaine

Oct 26, 2017
ReCore honestly. The Definitive Edition was a solid 9/10 for me and I'd love for the series to continue. The challenge dungeons are some of my favorite moments this gen and I didn't stop until I had 1500/1500 GS.

Phantom Dust is another one I love but I loved the janky single-player and world. I fear it would be MP focused even more in 2020 and beyond.

Fuck I'd love a new fully fleshed out ReCore. Metroid Prime-esque combat and a big open world full of collectibles and puzzle dungeons, what's not to love?

OP
OP
MakgSnake

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
you read my mind for The witcher 3 like. And I'm sure PG is taking this route.

It has to create a big universe that can be adapted into Netflix series, Book etc ...

Matt Booty says that they already have Halo and Minecraft but that they want other big universe like MCU / LOTR etc ... to reach a large number of players.
Totally agree with you and with what they are saying as well. They need BIG Universes. Imagine Xbox creates a Universe like MCU where different games and character start coming in each other game's worlds? That would be beyond EPIC.

hwalker84

Oct 29, 2017
Pittsburgh
Perfect Dark
Lost Odyssey
PGR (Always felt like their racing games should be on a 3 year cycle. Give each one room to breath. So Either Forza/Horizon/PGR aka Sim/Hybrid/Street, or Forza/Horizon/Rallisport aka Sim/Hybrid/Off road)
Rallisport Challenge (Not sure if MS even owns this)
Phantom Dust with effort
Crimson Skies

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2020
PGR (Always felt like their racing games should be on a 3 year cycle. Give each one room to breath. So Either Forza/Horizon/PGH aka Sim/Hybrid/Street, or Forza/Horizon/Rallisport aka Sim/Hybrid/Off road)

Was gonna reply with this. 3 year cycle for racing games with PGR 5 becoming a reality. Either rebuild Bizarre Creations or have the Driveclub team at Codemasters make it (always thought Driveclub was the closest thing we ever got to a new PGR).