• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
fully rebuilt game. and i don't need it anytime soon. lets see some new innovation.

i don't really need a large character expansion pack released and the number 6 slapped on it.

Mantrox

Oct 27, 2017
What the game needs:
- Better tools to learn the fundamentals of game play - Call Arcsys.
- Have challenge counters (parry x times\punish x with y) for the players to get small quick wins within matches.
- Have a tournament mode where you have to hold a button to pause. The arcade stick manufacturers have been trying to resolve this issue, when it's so simple at the software level.
- Shorten the time from getting an online match to starting the match, as much as possible.
- If you go 3D again, polish up the models and make sure there isn't any jarring cases of clipping geometry.
- Reduce the delay as much as you can, while maintaining enough frames to have a stable online experience.
- Bring back a world tour mode that has an online and offline component:
offline: you go around the world challenging characters, in matches with increasing difficulty and weird rule-sets.
online: you go around the world, and the matchmaking system brings a player of said character to your game to fight. the more you advance without losing, the higher the MMR goes. You have x amount of credits and you get rewards when you finish the tour (win or lose).
- Launch on all major platforms with cross-play.

If it's street fighter, i'm gonna buy it anyway; but try to learn from your previous mistakes and invest a bit more on one of your most historic franchises.

Oct 27, 2017
Release an Arcade version first. Make some money on it and continually improve the balance BEFORE the vast majority of people that are going to play the game actually get to try it. That way their first impression of it is that of an infinitely more polished product than SFV was at launch.

New art style. Doesn't have to be reminiscent of an old style. Like I always see people wanting SF3 or SFA style art direction to come back and while that would be nice I just don't see that ever happening again. Hell use the RE Engine if you want and gives us whatever the hell that would look like.

SFV's launch roster newcomers were all great in my eyes. They all felt fresh and had unique playstyles while still feeling like they belonged in Street Fighter. If SF6 can repeat that while making sure the most necessary fighting styles are represented day 1 then they'll be off to a good start.

Single player modes need to be a focus from the beginning of the console version. You don't have to reinvent the wheel for this. Team battles, Tag battles (EX3 showed me that this can be a fun mechanic in a SF game), Dramatic Battles, Survival Mode, Arcade Mode with endings, Story mode for the lore lovers, and a World Tour mode if you're feeling frisky.

SFV has some of the best and worst music in the series imo. I hope they cut down on the bad and increase the number of good songs for SF6. If they're feeling really adventurous maybe try making memorable NEW songs for SF2 veterans. Arika did that shit in the 90's for at least Sagat, Guile, Chun-Li, and Ryu so we know it's not impossible.

Online. I'm not sure how you'd improve this due to the p2p nature of fighting games. Would a server based fighter work?

Crack Pipe Smoking Dream Scenario: Next street fighter will have 1 guest character. Someone from SNK. Terry, Ryo, Kyo, or Rock Howard. Use the character to tease and build up hype/interest for the next VS game "Capcom Vs SNK 3". Of course the next KOF would also have a SF character as a guest to build to SVC 2.

Oct 27, 2017
ATL
Dudley

Edit: And it takes place pose SF3 story wise. Also, give it a well-designed, and intimidating, boss character that isn't just a variation of a character already existing in SF canon (and is not an android...).

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
I'll buy it anyway. But for me to play it longer than 2 weeks and watch tournaments it needs more viable playstyles with less rock/paper/scissors and more combo options.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
SF has one of the most iconic and rich stable of characters in a fighting game franchise. Their large can be bigger than other games large.
But the problem is the fact that they start from zero each time. 20 or so characters at launch would already be pretty large by that metric.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No more fucking fight money.

Events that offer free rewards but don't require an entry fee and can be attempted multiple times (ala MHW)

A more "grounded" art style that's closer to the original 90's artwork and "feel", instead of rubbery faces and tits bigger than the DOA cast.

Enough with Ryu struggling with his light and dark Ki already. Either put the focus on a different character or come up with something different.

Introduce new fighters where the focus is on their (real world inspired) fighting styles and not whatever forced memes you're trying to pull ("this is an insane hobo with a YouTube channel! Isn't that just wacky???")

make Chun-Li x Cammy canon

platypo

Jan 9, 2018
No Guile or Dhalism that's plus all the time. And offense should be less flow-charty and oki oriented (command grabs should deal less stun and damage). I like SFV but there is too little creativity required for applying pressure or asserting offense.

Spuck-

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I'd want the gameplay to be fun again.

Faster walkspeeds, better buttons, less reliance on doing That One Combo every time you get a hit, and more situational/scramble specific conversions like Guilty gear.

Oh, and not being an eyesore.

Oct 25, 2017
My wishlist is far more in depth, but an announcement is more than fine.
Good luck playing the same 20 characters for 6 years.
Make it post-SF3, go bold on the designs.
latest
Yes, PLEASE.
If they bring back FM, make it so that its reasonable to earn the DLC fighters in game.
Earning at least 12 characters for zero dollars is much more "reasonable" than you think. It's also a sinking ship for Capcom, seeing as they're dialing back tremendously on it.
Trust me, you don't want a realistic-looking SFVI. Capcom (Division 2, to be exact) already tried a realistic art style for SFV's prototype & it didn't end well.

sfv-early-concepts-march2016-2.jpg
I want that with more polish. That has potential to make T7 look like shit (which isn't too hard tbh). Hell, the RE Engine will make that even better.
No.
Juri.

Give the girl a redesign (a good one), include her in the base roster, and make her competitive (Top Tier).
I'm fine without the last part, just make her fun.
2) A strong launch roster, 24-30 characters.
3) A new art style, I actually like how SFV looks, but it's an evolution of SFIV, something new/fresh for VI would be appreciated.
It's either-or, bro. The reason every SF starts low is because they always start from scratch. If you want a new artstyle, say goodbye to any more than 20 peeps.
That's the ideal art style for Live2D inspired graphics.

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I don't hate the V artstyle but I could do with a change.

That and a bit more complete game and I'll show up.

OP
OP

Deleted member 1258

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So you hate free DLC?

When it encourages an absurd amount of grinding to the point that it keeps you away from other modes (such as Arcade, which does NOT give you FM), absolutely.

It would have worked if they were even halfway generous with the distribution instead of creating godawful and obvious "traps" to rob you of your FM.

1. Hey fans, here's a cool retro costume. It's Guts Man! Remember him from Mega Man? Sure you do!

2. Make sure you log in at these specific, extremely small windows of opportunity, spread out through several weeks! If you miss even one part of the four part costume, you're shit out of luck!

3. It costs FM for every attempt, but it should be a cinch for a pro player like you, right? Oops, seems the AI really didn't want you to have that one, but you could always try again...if you pay more FM!

4. Once again, you have to be available during these specific days for four weeks in a row! Miss a single piece and it's TS for you!

I feel sick just typing that shit out. It's so patently disgusting. It's the worst thing Capcom has ever done.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SF is a different beast. We're already sold on SF6. Been playing 5 since launch.

In fact next gen SF???

Day 1!!!

OP
OP

Deleted member 1258

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When it encourages an absurd amount of grinding to the point that it keeps you away from other modes (such as Arcade, which does NOT give you FM), absolutely.

It would have worked if they were even halfway generous with the distribution instead of creating godawful and obvious "traps" to rob you of your FM.

1. Hey fans, here's a cool retro costume. It's Guts Man! Remember him from Mega Man? Sure you do!

2. Make sure you log in at these specific, extremely small windows of opportunity, spread out through several weeks! If you miss even one part of the four part costume, you're shit out of luck!

3. It costs FM for every attempt, but it should be a cinch for a pro player like you, right? Oops, seems the AI really didn't want you to have that one, but you could always try again...if you pay more FM!

4. Once again, you have to be available during these specific days for four weeks in a row! Miss a single piece and it's TS for you!

I feel sick just typing that shit out. It's so patently disgusting. It's the worst thing Capcom has ever done.
The worst thing Capcom has ever done is make costumes that don't cost real money?

And you get fight money by just playing the game, how is that a bad thing?

Oct 25, 2017
Logging in at least once a week should be no issue for anybody who actually still plays the game. I admittedly missed a few costumes i liked but it's my own fault so whatever.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
- PC/XOne/PS4/Switch crossplay
- Ibuki in initial roster
- story mode that isn't shit
- takes place AFTER Street Fighter III continuity wise
- 3D graphics that look like a 2D painting (not anime)
- Ken model/face/hair doesn't look like shit
- Stellar net code at launch

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
- PC/XOne/PS4/Switch crossplay
- Ibuki in initial roster
- story mode that isn't shit
- takes place AFTER Street Fighter III continuity wise
- 3D graphics that look like a 2D painting (not anime)
- Ken model/face/hair doesn't look like shit
- Stellar net code at launch
Wouldn't it be PS5/Xbox Scarlett/PC? We'll be well into next-gen by the time SFVI is a thing.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Logging in at least once a week should be no issue for anybody who actually still plays the game. I admittedly missed a few costumes i liked but it's my own fault so whatever.

Logging in at least once a week is what you can do in Monster Hunter World. If there's an event, you can get all the rewards immediately AND it doesn't cost any kind of currency.

SFV wants you to log in SEVERAL weeks for one reward AND pay a fee for every attempt.

Feb 24, 2018
1. A change in how Division 2 of Capcom is managed and make their games
2. A story mode that isn't trying to ape MK's style, well written and accessable for newcommers
3. A Finished game at launch
4. Less focus on the competitive seen and listening to all fans besides that small subset and encouraging newcommers regardless of who they are.
5. Vast reduction on the sheer amount of microtransactions and deliberate grind and event content, none of the latter in fact.
6. Stop being manipulative with "Do it for the community" attitude the play into to justify their over expensive DLC, their "Pro Tour" stuff especially.
7. Just less focus on Esports
8. The fandom, the competitive fandom ESPECIALLY to stop acting elitsit and gatekeeping and to stop abusing and making anyone miserable who don't agree with them.
9. Juri Han
10. Just more accessible for newcomers.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't it be PS5/Xbox Scarlett/PC? We'll be well into next-gen by the time SFVI is a thing.

Sure! So long as I can play with my PC friends and my Xbox friends and my Nintendo friends and my PlayStation ... friend...On whatever system they own.

Being locked to PS4 was a bit stifling for a series that has traditionally been in as many places as possible in my opinion. Crossplay with EVERYTHING is the future for fighting game franchises that typically have meteorically declining playerbases as the game goes through its shelf life.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Follow the NRS Model:
tons of single player content (world tour mode!)
No option to earn characters by playing the game
preorder character/aka on-disc dlc
season pass that gives people who buy it access to characters one week before everybody else
drop support after 1.5 years

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
So you hate free DLC?

Can we stop with these silly "you don't like free DLC?!" replies as a rebutall to the criticism of the FM system and a return to a standard system? This is not free, no strings attached DLC existing in a vacuum, so people need to stop acting like it is. This sort of response completely ignores every bit of context to the implementation of their FM system, the trade-offs, how it influences development, support, DLC usage restrictions, cost of other DLC, player enagamenet requirements etc.

It is absolutely not as simple as do you like free DLC: yes/no?

The worst thing Capcom has ever done is make costumes that don't cost real money?

And you get fight money by just playing the game, how is that a bad thing?

Again, this strips away all context. Of course if you ask, "do you want free stuff by playing?" the answer is going to be yes, but there's much more to it than that.

Last edited:

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Sure! So long as I can play with my PC friends and my Xbox friends and my Nintendo friends and my PlayStation ... friend...On whatever system they own.

Being locked to PS4 was a bit stifling for a series that has traditionally been in as many places as possible in my opinion. Crossplay with EVERYTHING is the future for fighting game franchises that typically have meteorically declining playerbases as the game goes through its shelf life.
It probably wouldn't be on Switch to begin with, but I get your point. The main issue at this point would be Sony with regards to cross-play.

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
Follow the NRS Model:
season pass that gives people who buy it access to characters one week before everybody else

Only the first of these is a positive thing. Or is that the joke?

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
New art style, less corny characters, solid launch cast. I guess it's help if it were better too.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Not selling costumes for $3 a piece. It's ridiculous. The old "game of the year" model ended up being way cheaper than this current model. Sure, you never have to buy another game again, but you have to pay for all the dlc separately which adds up to WAY more than any game of the year edition would be.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Having it multiplat would be a start for me. Throw in cross platform play, in order to extend the life of the game, and I'm in day one.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Follow the NRS Model:
Throw in half the DLC characters being guests from unrelated franchises and you've got yourself a customer!

Saikyo

Oct 25, 2017
PC version, optimized port, has a good charge characters, good price or f2p, crossplay.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only the first of these is a positive thing. Or is that the joke?

MK11 is going to come out and sell like 8 million copies. I think there's a conversation to be had about how Capcom's continued support and chasing after the elitist competitive crowd makes each Street Fighter blend in to the next. Dropping support so soon after each NRS game comes out allows them to hype up the sequels. MK11 reveal was an event because NRS lets people miss MK.

SF6 is going to come out and people are going to be like, "But I just bought SF5."

Throw in half the DLC characters being guests from unrelated franchises and you've got yourself a customer!

You're joking, but guest characters are the best selling DLC. If SF had guest characters, it'd be much better off, imo.

Oct 30, 2017
São Paulo
I think it's time to shift the art style a bit...

If they come with something like Guilty Gear Xrd or Dragon Ball FighterZ the Internet would explode in hype.

I remember the IMPACT when we first saw Street Fighter 3 with a super different art style.

sf3-tsselect.jpg

Oh boy, I miss my Dreamcast.

Eddman

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
My dream would be a Street Fighter with Shinkiro art that looks exactly like Shinkiro art (in game). I think, at this point, and considering SF6 would release for next gen consoles, technology can do justice to his realistic style.

Also, Arcade mode at launch. Everything else, I think Capcom has made a good job with the franchise since IV.