• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
I'm mildly freaked out by the fact that not only was my childhood birthday restaurant the same as the OP's, I'm pretty sure I ordered the same thing that they describe...

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I think as a kid I requested the cake type more than the meal, and that was yellow cake with chocolate frosting. With a glass of 2% or Vit D milk, hoo boy that's livin.

Now that I think about it, my most requested bday meal was either my mom's Fried Rice or her Pancit. As I got older we would go to Sushi restaurants.

Oct 29, 2017
Florida
I feel like I was privileged because I'd always end up having two birthday dinners when I was kid, since I was born in June and I'd go up and visit my mom during the summer so I'd have my actual birthday up there, but my dad would always take me out for an early birthday dinner before I went up to see my mom.

Anyways my dad would always take me to Hometown Buffet and I goddamn loved it. Could eat whatever I wanted and however much I wanted. Do I want a big salad, then some pizza, followed by some orange chicken and white rice, and then fish and chips, and ending it all with as much of their dessert as I could handle? Hell yes. The best part was the Hometown Buffet was in the same shopping center as GameStop and Best Buy, so after we ate, we'd pop in to those stores and I'd pick myself up some video games.

Meanwhile when I was at my mom's, we'd always end up going to Chuck E. Cheese. It was also pretty fun and I remember obsessively wanting whatever the hell the big ticket prizes were but never getting them because I was like 9 years old and I sucked shit at almost all the games.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Literally nothing special. We'd just have a regular dinner. I might get an ice cream cake some years.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I don't recall ever being asked "It's your birthday. What do you want for dinner?"

It was a normal ass dinner with a cake. At most my mom wouldn't make something she knew I didn't like.

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
For dinner I would usually ask for Mac n cheese or Applebees (lol) if my parents could afford it

There was also a few years where I insisted on having cheesecake instead of a regular birthday cake lol

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
For awhile we'd go to Chilis every year for my bday because it was the only restaurant near a Pokémon store that served food I would eat. No memory whatsoever of what I had each year, but I still remember all of the possibly unlicensed Pokémon toys I got from that store over the years.

I think both are closed now.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
E6JJBAzVIAIxJ3b

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Hibachi/Japanese steakhouse

still like to take the family there for my birthday (though the last few years have been curbside "to go")

Oct 28, 2017
Pizza Hut might as well have been Disneyland when I was a kid.

Personal Pan Pizza
Coke in those Red cups
A new transformer or GI Joe toy
Heaven on Earth

Or

A kids meal from Roy Rogers and $5 in Quarters at the Arcade.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I would go big and get a KFC Family meal and try to eat most of it (except I'd share the coleslaw and macaroni salads because those were gross)

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
I was obsessed with Iskender Kebap as a child and my parents would always take me to a different Turkish restuarant on my birthday.

thomastown-kebab-grill-mkg-12-scaled.jpg

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
It was homemade lasagna and an ice cream cake for the longest time but then as a teen I started going to a Cajun restaurant called Jazz every year for catfish.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
We didn't have much money at all growing up, so my grandmother would take me to Cici's Pizza. She wouldn't eat. It was just me. At the time she told me she just didn't like the place, but found out that that $6 buffet for me was a lot at the time. Did it every year tho till some tornados came around and it got leveled.

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
My birthday is at the end of the summer so we always would grill out. Ribs, burgers, something like that. And I'd usually ask my grandmother to make red velvet cake or this frozen coffee/chocolate dessert that I can't remember what she called.

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly all I remember is the cake: chocolate cake with caramel and Snickers chunks on it. Whipped ass.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Pizza party! We didn't order pizza much or eat out much at all as a kid so when we ordered a few pies it felt special.

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Pizza. 100%. If it was when I was like 3-5, it'd be definitely at Chuck E. Cheese's. The memories.