What was worse?

• Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull

Votes: 502 29.9%
  • Star Wars Rise of Skywalker

Votes: 1,179 70.1%

• Total voters
Apr 21, 2018
Thread title is self explanatory.

And I make this thread because I honestly can't pinpoint which one I detest more.

Remember, the thread question isn't which one you prefer for think is better -- it's which one you think is worst. Vote for the worst of the two. (I don't know why I thought this needed extra clarification)

Oct 30, 2017
Crystal Skull is a solid 7/10.

It has plenty of camp, but it is a solid Indy adventure. I don't get why people shit on it so much.

Kagari

潜在能力解放
Oct 24, 2017
Rise of Skywalker. Never been so angry watching a film's credits roll.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Rise of Skywalker is so bad it literally makes previous movies worst

Crystal Skull is pretty faithfull to the "source material" that inspired previous indiana movies and is just a "meh" movie

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Crystal Skull is a step down from the other Indiana Jones movies but is a mostly competent period piece adventure film with some fun setpieces mixed in there.

Rise of Skywalker is a bad movie, down to its soul, and I struggle to find anything complementary about it.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
I don't hate either of them. I can enjoy both for what they are. TROS is the most disapointing though, in how it followed up TLJ.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Rise of Skywalker because I didn't care about anything that was happening in that movie. I almost fell asleep in the theater watching RoS and that never happens to me.

Jul 14, 2018
Philadelphia
Crystal Skull inherently has way less baggage, since each Indy film essentially acts as its own standalone adventure.

Never got around to TRoS because I genuinely fall asleep each time I try to sit through TLJ. I'm assuming it's bad.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Worst thing that came out of Crystal Skull was a mediocre Indiana Jones film and the amusing but nonsensical "nuke the fridge" scene.

Rise of Skywalker is forever going down as a massive blunder on the reputation of Star Wars, which is saying something regardless of how one feels about the movie.

Bor Gullet

Oct 27, 2017
The first 40 or so minutes of Crystal Skull is fine. Once they get to South America is where it goes to shit. It progressively gets worse and worse.

Rise of Skywalker is bad all the way through.

ascii42

Oct 25, 2017
Indiana Jones movies are fairly standalone, whereas Star Wars movies (with the exception of the original) are not. So the quality of one movie doesn't really influence the others. Whereas Rise of Skywalker is judged both on its own merits and as part of the sequel trilogy (and by extension, the saga as a whole). So it's a more difficult comparison to make than you'd initially think.

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
The rise of skywalker. It makes a mess of its own narrative and hurts the plot of the films before it.

Indiana Jones doesn't hurt the last three movies with its existence.

Oct 27, 2017
I liked TRoS.

I liked Crystal Skull too, but Shia dragged that movie down. So Crystal Skull is worse.

Which is worse between The Last Jedi and Temple of Doom would have been a more interesting poll.

ProtomanNeo

Oct 27, 2017
I found Crystal Skull to be for the most part enjoyable. Had it released in 98 instead of 08 it would have been much better received.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Crystal Skull is, at worst, a whatever adventure film. TROS is an absolute mess.

TROS, and it's not even close.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Crystal Skull is mostly enjoyable and really technically well realized (outside of dodgy CG Tarzan jungle). It's got heart and charm. It the worst Indy film, but it's still mostly good. I look forward to the 4k UHD set this Summer.

Skywalker is a fucking hollow void and an utter embarrassment.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
TROS ruined the previous movies IMO.

Crystal Skull though not great did not retroactively make the previous movies worse.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Crystal Skull, while bad and boring, didn't really hurt the other movies in the series like TROS did. Indy 5 won't need to retcon any Crystal stuff and can safely ignore it completely. Disney are gonna be tiptoeing around TROS for a long while.

Oct 27, 2017
Crystal Skull has some good bits here and there. The motorcycle sequence with Shia and Ford is great and Cate Blanchett is pretty fantastic in her role. Some ok adventure set pieces in general.

Rise of Skywalker is super dull the entire way through with little to no redeemable qualities.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Crystal is flawed yet coherent. Skywalker is just a damn mess. I could sit and watch it Crystal any day, Skywalker? Nah I'm good.

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
Other: SW The Last Jedi was trash lol

But out of the the choices in the OP, I think TRoS was worse.

I actually like that Indy for the most part.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, the monkey swinging action sequence was awful. That's the worst thing in the entire movie.

I actually just felt bad for the monkeys in that scene.

But honestly, everything about Crystal Skull is just kind of amusing if you turn you brain off and treat it for the nonsensical action film that it is. :P

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
TROS manages to ruin all three trilogies of star wars in different ways.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017
Crystal Skull is massively flawed but well intended.

Skywalker is a cynical concession to the worst people in the fandom.

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
TROS takes a wrecking ball to the series so Crystal Skull wins, it's not great by any means, it sort of works fine until they leave on the plane, before that, it's fairly good.

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
The Rise of Skywalker. Crystal Skull had a few fun moments, but had bad special effects and went too far with the camp. The Rise of Skywalker was the final chapter of a trilogy and had a lot riding on it, but managed to mess things up in every possible way. Crystal Skull is more of a standalone film and didn't really affect other Indiana Jones films.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
There's a decent movie in Crystal Skull, it's just the basic premise (aliens) and several individual scenes that didn't work that bring it down. RoS was fucked from the start, that movie is such a mess.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Crystal Skull has some terrible decisions and groan-worthy moments, but it's still a Spielberg film. ROS is just a bad film.

Oct 27, 2017
I think some people have forgotten how bad Crystal Skull is. I'm not going to defend Rise of Skywalker but Crystal Skull just makes me annoyed when I think about it.