Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I wish I could remember, but I honestly don't think I've rented one since the PS2 days. I was living in Japan last gen, and game rentals are illegal.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
I honestly don't remember specifically. Last time I rented a game was during the Gamecube era, which was over a decade ago. I remember renting Amazing Island for the Gamecube back then, but it definitely wasn't the last game I rented.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
220px-Daytona_USA_-_Championship_Circuit_Edition_Coverart.png

Oct 26, 2017
One of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm games off of Gamefly.

I had a hankerin' to play Zabuza and that female Mizukage.

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Rented... I honestly don't know since I just did the Gamestop rental program for a while with used games/returning within a week way back when. Once I started working full time way back when I just buy stuff I want now.

Actual rental was probably from my old video store which closed probably in 2005 or 2006? I don't think I ever rented a game from Redbox only a movie like one or two times.

Oct 25, 2017
The last one I can recall renting was Amazing Island. I know for sure it was a Gamecube game, because I've never rented a game for any other platform, and I pretty much stopped renting games altogether after 2004.

Dark Mantonio

Nov 1, 2017
It was either El Shaddai or Demon's Souls. Had a Family Video at the end of my street at the time but rarely used it since games had started dropping in price very quickly after launch during that time.

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
The last game rental Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite for the Xbox One.

I beat the story mode, and returned it. I liked the combat system, but that story mode was complete wasted potential.

Honestly, much like that whole game I suppose.

I miss renting games, but the Redbox near me is garbage. The only good games it has I end up buying at a heavily discounted price.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
I honestly have no clue. It's been so long that I couldn't even guess what it was. Never did the mail disc service and I think it might have been from Redbox but yeah, no idea.

Oct 27, 2017
Oh good lord. I haven't rented a game since the 90s.
My local rental store never really upgraded past SNES and Genesis games. They had a few N64 ones, but I didn't have one of those until after they closed.

So I think the last game I rented was either Final Fantasy 5, or Doom on SNES.

BPHusker

Oct 26, 2017
Nebraska
Oh boy... I think it was The Mask on SNES... and that was around 2008 when all the rental stores I knew were already shutting down. I only rented the game (which I love, btw), for having some nostalgia trip.. my SNES was already long unplugged at that time and I hooked it up on TV to play for a weekend.
A rental store still had SNES games in 2008? Damn

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
My last (and only) game rental shouldn't even count as it was my dad who rented it for me, was the Futurama game for PS2. I had it for a weekend and never got past the sewer level (which I'm pretty sure was like the third level)

beetlebum

Nov 24, 2017
Brazil
In the late 90's, I distinctly remember going to a beach house with friends and renting out a N64 console with Mario 64 included.

No rentals ever since.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
A rental store still had SNES games in 2008? Damn
yep! It was a small video store in my neighborhood that was already dying basically, they barely had anything gaming related and the owner was my friend;

every game he had was kept in a small box under the shelves and I don't think he ever had games for any other console above the PS1 there :p

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
I was cleaning my basement and going through boxes I never unpacked from moving a couple months ago and found a GameFly sleeve with Fallout New Vegas in it from who knows when, so that I guess lol

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Oof, I don't remember. Maybe Borderlands or Red Faction: Guerilla on PS3. We used to have a really cool rental store that closed down a couple years ago :(

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
I gamefly rented Red steel 2

before that... ff tactics?

before that star fox on snes or mario is misisng?

I don't rent often

Spongehead56

Jul 6, 2018
Wisconsin
I'm genuinely surprised more people aren't renting games. It's such money savings! Redboxes and Gamefly are basically available everywhere in the USA

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
2015, I rented Star Wars Battlefront because I knew 1000000% I wouldn't want to play it that much, but def wanted to try it out beyond the beta. before that it was easily college, 1999-2003, gamecube games. but 03-2015 none, but I had access to most stuff I wanted to test out to that point.

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
Never rented a game in my life. If there ever were rental places around these parts when I was a kid, I never knew about them.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Last few games I can remember renting were BMX XXX and the X-Men Legends games. Since X-Men Legends II came out in 2005, it must be that.