• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nick.com had a message board I used to post on back when I was 5/6. I wish there was a way to check my old posts for curiosity's sake, my grammar and spelling must have been eye-bleeding.

Deleted member 24118

User requested account closure
Oct 29, 2017
I signed up for a forum for that Millsberry game that was a thing a while ago. I think it was millsberryguides.com?

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty sure it was Capcom Unity. I usually browsed and had no interest in posting before then.

Print_Dog

Oct 27, 2017
KHinsider forums. Had some good time there. The speculation was all over the place for KH2.

Anyone here remember when Roxas was BHK??

laciel

Oct 25, 2017
TouchDS.com, i was about 8 years old at the time, haha

i think a few users from there are here at resetera today...

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NeoGAF or IGN in 2005-2006. I forget which I did first.

Barely posted though.

Really got into forums with MyResistance.net though.

Good times.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
http://www.gamershood.com/forum/forum.php

Back in 2007, when I was 13 (though I posed like I was 18, because I didn't want people to look down on me). It had a ridiculously friendly community, and was fairly active at the time. Plus it felt like the height of free online flash games, so there was no shortage of fun things to share with the people there. All in all, not a bad place to start, I think. I also love that the site hasn't changed at all since then, and probably since before then.

Anyway, the rest of the internet grew past it--for the worse, in many ways--and all the old popular topics get clusters of two or three posts every half year or so, but the old guard is still there. Some dedicated Moderators, I tell you.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Mine was GameFAQs' message boards, in October 2000. It was about a month after I had got the internet at home, and I mainly joined to post in a user-made challenge thread for Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2. Then I found myself mainly posting in Random Insanity...I wonder if that's still around.

18 years ago, blimey. And you?
RI > CE

Mine was ZGeek I think. No idea how I came across it. Moved onto GameFAQs because whenever I would go online to look for cheats, I'd come across GameFAQs first. Spent a lotta time on RI, but left it for NeoGAF after 6, maybe 7 years. Still talk to some folks from RI, though. ^_^

Last edited:

Nox Potens

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The Bioware Social Network. Had to sign up for content in Mass Effect 2. Ended up making some great friends there.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see a few fellow Cloudchaser posters here. I signed up there in eh 2001 I believe it was?

But the first forum I signed up for was actually the Tomshardware Delphi PC enthusiast forum, which was I believe 1998. 20 years ago, Christ.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
For me it was the Matrix Community back in 1999/2000 I think. It was a great community but it just gradually faded out around 2009, not really much to talk about or grab new people at that point. The browser games involving the Neb, Logos and Hammer were an absolute blast to play as well. :)

I also joined Gamefaqs/Gamespot and IGN for a while, but man, those communities made me feel rotten!

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
The Nintendo NSider Forums. Mid-2000s middle school memories....

Lot of nostalgia for that place. I spent a ton of time on GameFAQs afterwards (and still do, 11 years later) but it was a worse and less wholesome community comparatively.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Either Spinner.com or SoundCloud.com. Spinner had a "netcee" forum where you posted battle rhymes. Soundcloud is a music hosting board where I wanted to know more about making music with FL Studio (Fruity Loops back then).

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
It was either a Final Fantasy forum specifically about the newly announced FFXIII (XIII, Vesus, Agito) games, or conceptart.org back when it was cool and good. Both were around 2006.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
If I'm not mistaken, Planet-Namek.com. I then went to the spinoffs, Shadows Of Namek and the other ones until they all died and consolidated to SoN. Then IGN, then to everywhere else on the internet.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
It was a battle rap site back in the early 90s. You'd battle people through text. What was it called? Abyss Battle Forums I think?

I was a monster.

Second site was GameFAQs.

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018
Gamefaqs in 2000. Ugh.

Shoutouts to the Star Ocean 2 board, we were so awful that iirc we caused gamefaqs to splinter their game boards into two different sub groups.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo NSider Forums probably in 2006. It was when Camp Hyrule was Twilight Princess themed.

Tranquility

Oct 28, 2017
Probably Iron Maidens forum in about 1996. They already had a website the first time I used the internet in the summer of 1995.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
Twas a Godzilla forum on a site called Gojistomp, which was primarily a Godzilla film fan page. At the time, it was one of the big four Godzilla sites along with Tohokingdom, MonsterZero, and Tokyo Monsters. RIP Maser City.

https://web.archive.org/web/20040701015613/http://www.gojistomp.org:80/indexm.html

I started posting there in 2002, ended up becoming a mod, started writing reviews for the site, ended up becoming a freelance film reviewer, eventually became a freelance games writer, now a translator.

Owe it all to that little site and its lovely group of posters.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
The RCTStation message board. At the time I was in the 5th grade, and I let it slip that we were going on a field trip to Geauga Lake (then Six Flags Worlds Of Adventure) soon, thus outing me as someone underage, and thus getting me banned.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
It was probably wrestling related, do E-fed boards count? If no I'm still not sure but the one I can remember is GameFAQs which I also signed up for in 2000 IIRC my original account got closed and deleted and I had to redo it in mid-2001.