• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Essential?

• Screwdrivers (Phillips and standard)

Votes: 214 94.7%
  • Measuring tape

Votes: 169 74.8%
  • Hammer

Votes: 176 77.9%
  • Pliers/Needle-nose pliers

Votes: 154 68.1%
  • Ratchets

Votes: 80 35.4%
  • Power drill

Votes: 104 46.0%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 24 10.6%

• Total voters

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
hammer and a drill with a good amount of bits. i'd say those are first and then a wrench set for stuff around the house. stuff like a measuring tape, box cutter and a level should be included in all tool boxes.

Oct 25, 2017
Lineman Pliers. Along with the other stuff, but it seems like no matter what the project, I always grab the lineman pliers. Grabbing a screwdriver for electrical work, grab lineman pliers too. Rigging something with zip ties, lineman pliers to pull it tight and cut the excess. Forgot a hammer? Smash with the pliers. Cotter pin falls out? Grab a length of copper and twist.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Screwdrivers (power drill if you wanna upgrade) and pliers. Especially if you're a nerd. You WILL take something apart and need to put it back together.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I voted everything, but that's because it would be hard to imagine not having any of them.

The only thing on that list I would use the least, or could probably do without is the power drill. Though at some point I'd probably have to drill a hole and would want one. Using a hand crank drill gets annoying quick.